- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

TEN FAILURES IN POSTING THIS CHAPTER, BECAUSE THE DAMNED SYSTEM AUTO-LOGGED ME OUT. MY GOD, I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE. 

That said, on with your regularly scheduled chapter. 

Just as Light finished with Sam, she noticed a curl of black smoke indicating that Dark had taken one of the humans to her side. The Goddess of Light panicked, and had her doppelganger take one of the ones that had been looking her way. 

------

Sergeant Daniel Knight calmly looked up at the white-robed goddess. The shadows that swirled around the other woman's body, coupled with her cold, haughty demeanor, could not mean anything positive. 

He refused to give his support in any matter to someone who lorded themselves over people so shamelessly, deity or not.

Idly, Daniel realized that he didn't know what argument he was settling. Neither goddess had exactly clarified the issue. Before he could get very far with this train of thought, however, he was blinded by a golden light, and found himself standing in the palm of the radiant beauty. 

"I am Light, Goddess of the same," she said, her voice as beautiful as the dawn. "Thank you for your support, Sergeant Knight."

"About that . . ." Daniel trailed off. 

------

Light internally flinched, and kept her tone appeasing. "Yes, what is it you wish to ask?"

"I'd like to know what argument it is I'm settling. If it's not too presumptuous to ask, ma'am," Daniel said calmly. 

Light laughed, glad the little one wasn't changing his mind already. " To be perfectly honest, I don't remember. However, I wish to get back on Dark's good side, and I'm willing to do anything."

"And why would you want to?" Daniel asked bluntly.

"E- excuse me?" Light asked, confused. 

"Why would you want to appease someone like that? She just seems like it might not be worth the effort to keep her happy, ma'am. " Daniel replied. 

"How dare you imply anything negative about Dark!" Light trembled with rage, and her face was absolutely flushed with divine power- Daniel had to avert his eyes to keep his eyes from igniting in their sockets. 

"Wha-" Daniel tried to regain control of the situation. 

"You humans are all the same. Dark pours her heart out caring for you insignificant fucking gnats, and you ungrateful whelps disrespect that love- that unadulterated love she doesn't even show me- and fear her!" Light exclaimed hotly. Twin suns raged in her eyes, which Daniel had to back away from to try not to be burned alive. "For some reason I don't understand, Dark lets what you mortal fucks think dictate her mood. If the other deities insult her, she plots her revenge and gets even, but when you tiny, pathetic ingrates treat her poorly, her absolutely beautiful smile crumbles immediately! And yet, every time you piss me off enough to warrant a planet-scorching inferno to drive you extinct-"

"WHAT?" Daniel exclaimed in shock.

"Dark pleads with me to stay my hand," Light finished. "One day, I will grow angry again, and Dark will be too busy crying her eyes out to protect you from me. One day, you humans will suddenly remember how to pray- and I will no longer care. One day," Light promised hatefully, "you will regret abusing my beloved sister's heart, you will pray for her aid, but she will not hear you- because she has never had to answer a prayer before. She doesn't know how. And you know what? I'm not going to teach her."

-------

Daniel was stunned, unable to believe he'd given his support to the Goddess of Light. "But-"

"BUT WHAT, IDIOT HUMAN?!" Light exclaimed, roaring with divine wrath. 

"If you're telling the truth," Daniel desperately continued, trying to save not only his own skin, but all of humanity's at this point, "then wouldn't killing us make Dark even angrier with you? Wouldn't it be preferable to get us to love Dark?"

Light's fury dissolved nearly instantly. "I- I hadn't thought of that . . ." Light narrowed her eyes. "However, this doesn't excuse all the damage your kind has already done." With that, she tipped her hand to the side, permitting gravity to take Daniel. 

He screamed his way through a fall of twelve-plus stories, and landed in a heap on the white marble floor. Everything hurt. "Eurgh . . ."

"You will make up for your selfish human ego first, before I even permit you to attempt to apologize to Dark," Light intoned from her new position on high. Daniel could no longer see her face- her foot, shining with sweat, impeded his view.

Suddenly reminded that there was another divine being that could save him, Daniel shut his eyes tight. Save me, Goddess of Darkness! I pray that you hear me- please stop your sister!

"Is that an attempt at prayer I hear?" Light laughed openly at this. "You don't listen, do you? Dark is only guaranteed to hear you on Earth's nighttime side. Even if she could, she'd get notified that someone was trying to reach her, but like I said, no one has ever taught her how to access them. It's like prayers are text messages, and she doesn't know how to open the message folder. As it is, I was able to interrupt it before Dark could even be notified."

Light's foot, glowing and hot, settled on Daniel's body. "So, as I was saying, I need to break your ego first," she said conversationally, as if Daniel wasn't struggling to take a breath underneath her foot. "Learn to worship before you are permitted to try to worship Dark. I want to feel your impudent tongue on my sole. When you prove to me that you can worship a goddess properly, you can attempt to make amends with my sister. I warn you now, if I see her cry, I will be angry. While Dark might show forgiveness for your species on the whole, on an individual basis I'm sure I can convince her of some bad apples."

Daniel threw himself into worshipping Light's massive foot. He retched at the taste of sweat, but continued out of concern for his own health. "Maybe this is why the myths about gods said that they were all assholes," he muttered between licks.

"Good start," Light praised sarcastically. 

------

Light smiled at being worshipped again. She had missed it. This immediately became a frown when she realized Dark had never felt this joy that was the birthright of deities. 

"Humans sicken me," she said angrily, putting her foot back in her sandal and re-tying the leather straps around her shapely calves.

Sighing again at the intoxicating feeling of being worshipped, Light pulled back her divine power to make it more comfortable under her feet. "Then again, they are so useful . . ."

Chapter End Notes:

Again, 10 points to whoever IDs the person who requested this chapter. 

Oh, and Carycomic- I don't do blank checks. You want another chapter, you send me a solid request.