- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Going with the route of writing longer chapters, this is a character and plot development chapter, enjoy!

I was abruptly woken up by being forcefully taken out of the sock. Michelle brought me up and placed me onto her shoulder. I could feel the rising and lowering of her shoulders as she inhaled and exhaled. I looked at her gorgeous, natural face. Something seemed wrong though, she looked....sad.

 

"Hey," Michelle greeted me telepathically.
"I'm sorry I had to do it, but hey, thanks for helping and trusting me."
I now noticed that she had taken me out because Sarah had fallen asleep. 
"It's alright, I know that you're doing all of this just to get me back to normal size. And hey, you're feet actually make a pretty good pillow." I said whole-heartedly.
"They do?" she asked with a smile. "Well I'll remember that for the future. So what kind of gift do we need for Sarah?

 

"She's an astronomy nerd, and she doesn't have any posters, so I was thinking a galaxy poster," I explained to her. 
"Alright, sounds great," she said with a smile.

 

"Hey Isaac?"
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Has this whole situation made you hate me?" she asked with a sad tone.
"Why would it make me hate you?" I asked.
"Because I'm a witch, and I've put you in situations that are weird, and I'm scared that you think I'm sort of freak or monster, and I just don't know what I'd do if you thought that...'" she wiped a tear from her shining blue eyes.

 

"Listen to me carefully Michelle," I declared. "I have never and will never hate you. I care about you deeply, and I love everything about you, and we'll about the whole witch thing, that's just another thing for me to love about you."
She started smiling again, "Thank you Issac." 
"Anytime," I happily replied.

 

"I think you deserve a kiss,"she said as she brought me up towards her glossed lips. 
"Michelle wai...!"
Too late. I was smother by her mouth, and even though I got kinda drenched, it was kinda sweet how loving she was about it.
After she finished, she put me in her purse.
"Good night Isaac."
"Good night Michelle."

 

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and syrup, and the loud sound of girls gossiping.

“Oh my gosh I can't believe that!” I heard Sarah exclaim.

“I really should be going,” Michelle started. “Thanks for letting me spend the night!

 

And with that Michelle grabbed the purse, and telepathically informed me,"Alright, let's go grab that present," as we walked out of Sarah's house. The day stayed true to its predecessors, as it was sunny and humid as all the days before it.

 

"Which store," I asked. I actually felt a lot better than I did last night. I was beginning to get tired of the whole being shrunk thing, but getting so close to Michelle really changed that, and I'd be happy to have an adventure with her at the store.

 

"Let's head over to the hobby shop," she replied. "We should be able to grab some astronomy nerd gear there." Oh the hobby shop, that glorified toy store for adults. 
"And hey, maybe I could buy some stuff to build you a mini house," she said playfully.

 

"I don't plan to be like this for long," I replied. "I really am missing all the things I can't do at this size."

 

"Like?" she asked.
"Like reading and video games, what else?"
I said blatantly.
"Oh wow I really now how to pick'em," Michelle said with a smile. "I'll tell you what, if I do set up a layer for you, I'll make sure it has a theatre room, and I'll buy one of those micro - monitors for you and stick it in there," she declared. "Then you can watch movies and read e-books all day."

 

"Okay, it's a deal," I replied

 

"But I might ask for something in return," she said quickly while placing her hand on her chest.

 

"What is it...."

 

"Oh you'll find out later," she quickly interrupted me. We shortly after arrived at the hobby shop after our long walk. Before us was a huge building, painted all blue, except for a train that was painted next to the giant yellow words, 'Hobby Shop. Both of the O's had short circuited, so it only read, Hbby Shp. We walked in through the sliding doors, and were greeted by a fresh gust of air and a man wearing a green vest combined with a bored expression.
"Welcome to the Hobby Shop," he spoke in a monotone, bored voice. "Let me know if you need anything ma'am."
"Thanks...."she replied as he had already started walking back over to his desk.

 

The inside of the building looked even more spacious than the outside, it look more like a store-house than a store. However, Michelle seemed to be getting giddy over something. She bounced up and down twice (which is not pleasent for me, by the way), and started speed-walking/ skipping over to the airplane section. "I, love, planes!" she mentally explained. "It's so cool that people can fly without magic! It's always amazed me, but my parents have always told me not to waste my money on dumb things!" she rambled on. 
"We should probably go ahead and buy the gift," I encouraged her, but also made note of her newfound plane obsession.

 

"Three month anniversary present, check." I made a mental note." Michelle continued walking towards the astronomy section, and easily picked out a gift.

 

"What is it," I asked.

 

"It's a miniature projector," she explained. "It's supposed to project an image of space onto your ceiling. It's also on sale, so I should have some cash left over." Michelle always was good about saving her money. I guess it's something you learn from being a bank teller. Now in possession of the the gift, we exited the store.

 

"Come again," the man who greeted us said in a similar monotone voice. The sunlight shined through the purse as we exited the store."

 

"Hey Isaac, there's a clothing store right next to this one, and since I have some money left, I may need some new running gear." Oh great, not that I don't like the idea of spending time with Michelle, but shopping for clothing is not exactly exciting.

 

"Alright," I said grudgingly. I decided that Michelle wasn't girly enough to take too long. We began walking towards the direction of the other store.