- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

What will Brian do?

One thought had popped into Brian's head, "you are simultaneously the most intelligent and most idiotic human being I have ever met." He had heard this from his ex-girlfriend before she broke up with him. Brian was an obsessive person, he knew that about himself. He didn't give up when the odds were weak. He had a one-track mind and found it hard to get off whatever captured his fancy. Brian knew he was risking an admittedly pathetic end to his life. Brian was destined for great things ever since he was a baby. Blessed with a brilliant mind, Brian had always found anything which involved the mind to be simple. However, he spent his whole life as a social outcast- due to being so different and what others had called his "arrogance" and his "antisocial personality".

Brian didn't like to think about these flaws in his personality. If he had developed such an unwelcoming persona, it was due to the society around him – it wasn't his fault. Brian found it rare for another human being to understand anything about him. Brian was a 13 year old genius who graduated from a competitive public high school on Long Island – surrounded by older students who had bullied and teased him for his intellect and greatly envied his accomplishments. There was this beautiful and kind goddess of a woman sitting in front of him with a sharp focus on her studies, Amy Liang. Brian needed to be loved but not just by anyone. He wanted to be loved by Amy. There were so few women as kind, understanding, and intelligent as Amy in this cruel and dark world. Brian was in love.

Brian ran towards the edge of the bed and could the backside of Amy in his line of vision. She was busy and working hard. Amy was simply trying to get a good grade in his class – completely unaware that Brian, her professor, was an inch high and ready to do anything to please her.

Brian wished Amy was even closer – not simply because he loved her so. He figured the best way to get Amy to notice him was to try to get a hold onto her hair and climb up to her ear. Brian wanted to speak to Amy and see if she would notice him. The other option, which proved to be even more difficult, was to make his way onto Amy's desk and run around trying to get her attention. The boy genius was out of options unless... unless.. he did have plenty of time.

Brian figured that there were two routes he could take. It would be certain death if he tried to make the jump from the edge of Amy's bed onto the chair she was sitting on – the distance was simply too far. Brian cursed to himself. He could figure out how to shrink objects. He could have certainly figured out how to make humans grow wings. There were two difficult and time-consuming routes Brian could take – neither one was guaranteed to work but both offered a decent chance of living.

The first option was to get off the bed and climb up the chair from the bottom and make his way to the top. He would then help Amy with her studying. She would know it was him right away! She would thank him for his help and want to be his goddess. This was awfully time consuming and rather physically strenuous. Brian would have to be extremely careful but he would have decent control over his situation – he would be able to abort the mission easily by sliding down the chair.

The second option was to wait for Amy to go to bed. He would hang out by her pillow and being talking into her ear. She would certainly know that it was her super genius and incredibly fantastic physics professor speaking to her as a one-inch high guy. Brian would be able to satisfy Amy in her dreams. She would be thinking about him and notice him. Amy would then thank him for his kind words and want to be his goddess.

Both options certainly had happy endings, chuckled Brian.

Suddenly, Brian heard a door loudly swing open.

"COME ON AMY", shouted a whiny feminine voice, "COME TO THE PARTY WITH ME!!!!"

"Ummm.. I'm very busy right now", responded Amy softly, "I really can't go party tonight."

"STOP BEING SUCH A FUCKING NERD AIMS!! LET'S GO GET WASTED AND FUCK SOME HOT GUYS!!!"

The bitch who interrupted Amy's peace and quiet already sounded like she was wasted, thought Brian angrily.

"Are you okay, Sophie", asked Amy, "you sound weird."

"I ALREADY GOT A HEAD START – AIMEE POO POO!! YOU NEED TO CATCH UP!!"

"Umm.. it doesn't take much for me to get drunk – remember..."

"OH RIGHT!!! ASIAN GLOW LOL OH MY GOSH!!!! YOU'RE SUCH A DORK!! I OUTGLOW YOUR ASIAN GLOW ALREADY AND I AM READY FOR MORE!!!"

"I..uh...ummm.."

"COME ON AIMEE!! PUT ON SOME PARTY CLOTHES AND LET'S GET GOING NOW!!!"

Brian watched as Sophie, the relatively tall and drunken bimbo, pull Amy out of her seat and pushed her to the closet.

"BE READY IN TEN MINUTES, BIATCH!!! I'LL BE WAITING OUTSIDE JUST FOR YOU."

Brian watched as Amy sighed to herself, "I guess I have to go then."

"Amy, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do", said Brian not expecting anyone to hear.

Brian watched as Amy rushed to pick out some clothes from the closet. He saw that she went for a yellow summer dress and some high heels. Amy walked quickly to her bed and put the dress down. The swift movements caused Brian to lose his ground and he fell into one of Amy's flats – shoes which he was already familiar. He figured that he wouldn't be able to make it out in time to join Amy at this 'party'. What were parties really about, thought Brian cynically. Back in Princeton, he saw parties as people trying to appeal to those of "high status". What was "high status" to those fucktards anyway? He should have been the high status man with his one in a million intellect, not some preppy loser from an old-money family whose great-great-great-great grandfather attended the school as one of the old boys deriding women and flaunting his wealth. This should be a world for people like him and Amy, not them.

Brian had a tendency to overanalyze and to think rather than act in the moment. This would seal his fate. Brian heard Amy say, "Ugh, I don't like these heels. They always hurt my feet. I'm going to wear my flats instead – I don't think anyone is going to notice anyway." Brian realized that he was going to be back underfoot. Before Brian could even think about getting out of the shoe, he watched as the foot entered the shoe. He could only duck and cover as her foot fit inside.

Brian heard Amy say, "ahhh, that is so much more comfortable. Hopefully, I can get out of this party quickly." Amy left her room to go to the party, completely unaware that there was a tiny man in her shoe.

Chapter End Notes:

For those of you who are in college or who attended college, you probably know that a college party isn't exactly a safe place for an one-inch tall guy.

 

More to come.