- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry I'm still building up the story, but I want a really good storyline. I don't want it to be rushed as I'm planning it to be long anyway. But the shrinking starts in the next chapter I PROMISE :)



It was about 2 months after the whole Brian event, things for Amy had gotten even worse. Her job was boring, and she could see she had so much potential. Unfortunately the bratty boss, Rachel, didn't care for anyone's potential. She just craved the power of the business, the power she had over the people. Everyone was scared of her after that day, I mean after all if she would squish her own dad and then lick his remains off her high heels just to prove a point, what else was she capable of?

Amy wasn't scared of her, she was just bored. She didn't find Rachel scary because Amy was normal sized, which meant she couldn't be crushed to paste. At least that's how she thought of it, optimistic and all.

So other than a boring job, bratty boss, and a boring social life nothing much was going on. She was getting some really bad headaches, and some pains in the lower back area but she put that down to cold weather and little sleep. The routine eventually got so boring that she considered quitting her job. It was wake up, get ready for work, go to work, have a shitty day, come home and sleep. And on weekends it was her just watching shitty shows on TV, cringing at news stories about shrinkies. Especially with what happened with Rachel and Brian.

One Saturday morning she sat there silently. No TV or radio on, just the noise of the traffic outside. She sat there and pondered amongst different things. The main thing she thought about was her old best friend Chloe. They grew up together and went through all the generic teenage girl years together. They knew everything about one another, but he had to take it away from her. That certain he being Chloe's husband, Trevor. Chloe had left school and married young. She was just 19 when they married, and 3 months after that they moves away from Chicago to Texas. It was for a job that Trevor had secured, and Chloe wasn't going to let her husband go away with out her.

That was 3 years ago. Amy knew that it was never Trevor's fault really, he was actually a really nice guy. She just hated the fact he tore her best friend away from her. Why couldn't he find a job in fucking Chicago! That was her thoughts every time she went over the situation, which was mostly every weekend when she was alone. Amy and Chloe still texted each other most days of the week, but it wasn't the same. The pair were both growing up now, Chloe even being old enough to drink alcohol now. She had to go to Texas some time and see her, she made sure that was number one priority for the summer.

'OUCH!' Amy suddenly screeched, as she curled up in pain. She was holding her knees against her chest like a ball. She was trying to alleviate some of the pains in her stomach, but that only caused the back pains to return.

'I have to go and get these pains checked out', she muttered to nobody but herself. She strolled about lazily for the next half an hour making herself look reasonably presentable for the doctors, before grabbing some pain killers. She took 2, as a temporary fix for the pains whilst she made her journey.

She walked out of her house and got swiftly into her car. The doctors wasn't too far away, maybe 20 minutes with no traffic. This was a positive thing, as those pain killers wouldn't last forever. The uneventful drive finally ended when she pulled her car onto the relatively empty parking lot. 'Great' she thought to herself, if there's not many cars outside then chances are there won't be many people waiting inside. She walked through the sliding doors and to her delight, the place was empty. There was a young woman, probably in her 20's on reception but nobody in the waiting area. She walked over to the reception to be greeted with a friendly smile.

'Name please?' The friendly looking receptionist asked in a reassuring kind of way, Amy glanced down at her name tag and noticed she was called Alex.

'Amy Montoya' answered back, in an almost neutral tone.

'And how old are you Amy?' Alex asked. Amy knew what was coming here, she always expected it whenever she was asked for her age.

'20' she fired back, rather bluntly knowing what was going to be said next by the receptionist.

'I'm sorry madam but I'm going to have to see some ID, you look very young for a 20 year old. Amy knew that it was the receptionists job to question this sort of thing, she didn't blame her. For all she knew Amy could've been a young child trying to avoid telling parents about an illness. Amy reached into her purse calmly, before pulling out her driving licence and handing it over. Alex glanced down to be reassured that the woman she was dealing with was the age she claimed.

'I'm sorry Amy but I had to check, you look so young. I would take that as a compliment. ' the receptionist said, hoping to have not wound up the patient.

'No it's okay, I get it a lot wherever I go' Amy replied, giving her a reassuring smile to make sure no offence was shown. Amy only being small, with a young face also, she couldn't be mad at everyone that questioned it. She always thought of it as a plus, when she was 80 she would look 50.

'And what would be the problem then Amy', Alex said snapping Amy out of her daze.

Amy responded, 'well I keep getting really bad headaches. And recently I've had back pains and stomach pains. I thought it was just cold weather but it's been like this for like 3 weeks now'. Alex looked up from her computer screen with concern. This made Amy feel that something was instantly wrong. She knew that these people were trained to try and keep neutral expressions so they didn't get patients worked up, but Alex hadn't done a very good job.

'Well if you would just like to take a seat, Dr Gilbert will be with you in a few minutes'. She said this whilst reverting back to her friendly ways, trying to calm Amy down. She knew that she had spooked Amy, but wanted her to stay calm. Of course the receptionist thought to herself that she could always be wrong about her assumptions, but the symptoms of which Amy described were the symptoms of Disease #627918. She quickly noted this on the system do Dr Gilbert would be notified straight away.

…