- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A little different for me. I tried to do this in a first-person perspective. I hope it works.

I woke up from my nap and realized I become smaller.  I wondered just how small I was now. The fibers of the carpet were taller than me. It was like a jungle. I knew that I would not be seen here in the carpet. I had to make my way to the kitchen where I would be easily seen on the tiles.

The rough fibers made it difficult, and slow going, but after an hour or more, I made it.  The bright smooth surface of the tile was like a desert, but smooth and cold.  With the dark colored clothing I had on, my wife would easily spot me on the surface. I breathed a small sigh of relief.  I’d be found, and rescued, and hoped this nightmare would be over soon.

After an hour, after thinking about it, I decided I should get more into the open. When I became smaller than the cats, we got rid of them. We’d had a professional exterminator come in, and kill, spray, bug bomb, everywhere. We hadn’t had an issue since.  So I headed a little farther into the kitchen. I crossed the line dividing the tile. It wasn’t a canyon to me. Yet. I gulped wondering just how small I would get.

I made it to about the third tile, when my salvation arrived. I heard thunderous noises outside, and the jangling noise of keys. The whoosh of air as the door opened would have been a hurricane had I been closer.

As her foot entered the house, the noise it made on the tile was nearly deafening. TIK-CLACK! I knew that sound. A sound that had been a very sexy sound to me when I was normal man. TIK-CLACK, as her other foot entered the house.  She was wearing High Heels.

She didn’t wear them much before I started shrinking, but once I passed below her waist, they came out more and more often. I didn’t say anything because I was afraid she might stop.

There was a cacophony of noise as her keys hit the wooden shelf we used for a key holder. Two more explosions of noise as she moved to the kitchen table and laid her purse on it. Then, terror struck my heart as she headed my way.

Hole. Lee. FUCK!  She was incredibly gigantic now. Meaning I was incredibly small.  From here I could see her exposed toes, nails painted a bright magenta. Nails I did for her just this week.  She was wearing her black sandals with the 2” heels.  Mother of all that is holy, I think I’m smaller than the sole now!

Four steps and she was nearly on top of me. That’s when I realized, that she… Didn’t. See! ME!!!  Too late, I tried to run. The shadow of the sole of her shoe, raced ahead of me. Like a finish line that was going father and father away. It got darker, and darker, and the reality of the situation came crashing down in my mind: I was going to die under my wife’s pretty foot, like a mere bug. Would she even notice?  An unimaginable weight pushed me down, and I closed my eyes thinking it was over.

I blinked. It was dark, and I couldn’t move. I could see some light, but it was more or less just reflecting. I was on my back, my arms up above my head. My feet were on their sides, splayed outward. I wasn’t dead. But I was trapped. I made a fist, and banged on the weight pressing me down.  The gap in the tile!  I was under her shoe, stuck, trapped in the fractional gap between her sole, and the depression between the tiles. I was saved. I was gonna make it!  I was... OH GOD! NOOOOOOOO-!

*******************************************************************

I stepped into the house, and took a deep sigh as I laid my purse on the kitchen table.  I spotted the dark shape of my husband on the tile out of the corner of my eye.

Ever since he began shrinking, I’d intended to crush him.  I just had to wait until he was small enough. I can’t explain it. I just wanted to see what it felt like to step on a person.  To end their puny life under my foot. Under my toes.  I savored those words for a second, maybe two.

When I noticed just how small he really was now, I knew it had to be today. Before he got so small that I wouldn’t feel it. And I really wanted to feel it.  I thought about making him beg to die, but I just couldn’t do that to him. Letting him die thinking I had no idea I crushed him, seemed the more humane way to squish my incredible shrinking husband.

I stepped across the kitchen like I had no care in the world. Why shouldn’t I?  I wasn’t the one who was the size of an ant. Or less.  I briefly imagined how I must look to him now.  Certiainly more than hundred feet tall.  I was that big to him when he was 4 inches tall.  But was I thousand feet tall? Probably not. But I must look pretty damn scary now.

Two steps and it would all be over. I closed my eyes, and just. Stepped. Down.  What? I didn’t feel it! Damn it! I didn’t… Wait. Oh my god!  He’s in the gap!  He’s so fucking small he fits in the tiny gap BETWEEN the tiles!  Holy crap! Oh shit! He’s pounding on my sole!  Oh my god! This is the best feeling ever!  Sorry honey, but it’s time.  Time to go squish for me.  I flexed my toes down.

I was rewarded with the sound of slightest cracking and tiny >pop!<. I lifted my heel up, and pressed down even harder. I watched as the lights shined on my pink nails.  Nails he’d painted for me just a week ago. Just before he was too small to hold the polish brush.  I twisted my foot to the left a little, and it slipped about an inch. I moved my foot away, and saw about a half-inch reddish streak on the tile.

I blew a kiss to the tiny smudge that had been my husband.  “Sorry dear, but that was too good an opportunity to pass up. You gave me one last thrill, so for that, I thank you.” I then walked over to the counter to get some paper towels, and wipe his remains off my shoe.