- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I actually really like how this chapter came out, despite there being no giantess stuff. It's super short.

----------------

I "awoke" in a blank space. White as far as the eye can see. The only things breaking the monotony of this endless nothingness was myself, and something that resembled a silhouette of myself.


He spoke.


"Eric. You are a fool. What good is it to gain your "humanity" at the loss of your humanity.?" He asked me, his voice sounded a bit like mine, if it were scrambled a little.


"All that matters is my Goddess... I don't care what you have to say..." I responded.


"Of course, you surely don't care about what you have to say. You're content with being Cassie's puppet." He replied, sounding more somber this time.


"W-what do you mean? You're not me!" I barked.


"I am you. You're not you." He was calm, and collected.


I didn't know how to respond. I felt like I knew what He? I? We? meant. I wasn't myself anymore. But maybe I was okay with that. If I can't change my situation, I might as well make it better for myself. 


"You're selfish." He said, his voice sounding a bit more like mine.


No....


"You're scared. Frail. Weak..." With each word, his voice... my voice?


"That's... not true..." My voice became the one that was scrambled...


I took a step back. He took one forward. I took a step back. I took a step forward... or.. did he? I don't even know anymore.


I stepped back again, unsure of what to make of the situation. When I did, I felt the empty void crack. I don't even know how to explain it. I knew it wasn't real, but it felt real to me. The white was shattering, and the silhouette was becoming less visible and engulfed in the newly created darkness. 


I fell, and fell, until I landed in something soft. It was the hand of Cassie. She smiled down to me, and even gave me a tender little peck. I felt so safe, I clung to her hand for dear life. I snuggled my face into the warm hand of my ultimate refuge. 


Then...


I looked up, and saw the Cassie holding me just to be a hollow shell. She blew away as if she were dust in the wind. I cried... I cried harder than I had in a long time. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was surrounded in darkness. I couldn't figure out who it was.


"You gave up your humanity, and your freedom." Said my silhoue- ... Said, my former self. My hand disappeared. I assume the rest of me did as well...

I began to fall again. Surrounded by nothingness. Was this the reality? Was my life nothingness, not because of Cassie, but because of my willingness to give up my humanity just to make the pain end.

I thought back. My sister... I carelessly mistreated her dead body. I forgot my mother and father, who supported me my entire life. I forgot my best friend, who was like a brother to me.

"Why can't I go back... back to before... it's not fair." I began to fade into the darkness as well.

There's truly nothing left?

Chapter End Notes:

powerful stuff, i think.