- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

stuff about things.
------------------- 

Chase looked as cool as ever, despite his diminutive size. He was about the same height as me. We had been friends for years, but had a falling out last year when he dated Cassie. We even came to blows over it, but eventually things cooled down. We haven't talked, or chilled as much lately, but we don't have any real problems with each other anymore. That's beside the point. What was he doing here, I wondered.

 

Eric looked at him, and wondered why Cassie would've shrunk him, too? He was walking around freely, and she normally makes sure all of the tinies are locked up. So, why him... again... why? Eric started to look a visibly upset as his mind ran wild."Chase, I-" Eric started, but was soon after cut off by Chase.

 

"Listen, man. I have to tell you some important things, now's not the time for you to be upset." Chase interjjected.

 

"That's all fine and shit, but what the hell are you doing here? She normally keeps all of the tinies locked up!" Eric asked, almost demanding an answer.

 

"I guess she has a soft spot for all of her childhood flames, huh?" He said, in a snide tone, smirking, ever-so-confidently. Just like old times. The sad thing was, he was probably right.

 

"Hey, you better fucking watch it-" Eric yelled out, but was interrupted again by Chase.

 

He raised his hand up, making a "stop" gesture. His smirk was gone, I could tell he was all business. "Stop, E. Just stop. This isn't the time. Look at us!" He yelled out. "I have to tell you some important things. Things she's been keeping from you."

 

"Yeah, right. I'm not stupid." He turned away. "You're just gonna try to steal my girl again."

 

"You're as insecure as ever, too dumb to even recognize when..." He cut himself off. "You know, I love her, too." He said, solidly. "You knew, we all knew. But... she always only had eyes for you... Even when we were together, I knew her heart was still with you. Ever since we were little!" He barked.

 

"Why don't I have any memory of this childhood together, then?! I don't remember ever spending any time with her when we were little..." Eric said, shaken, not too sure how significant that flashback he had really was.

 

"You don't sound too sure of that. You're telling me that you don't have your memories, still? Damn it, we don't have time for this." Chase stated, continuing on "Listen, you, I, Cass, and Mikey. We were all best friends as children."

 

Eric nodded. "Y-yeah... I know. But that's about all I know... What do you mean, that I don't have my memories?" He inquired.

 

"Alright, I guess I better start at the beginning. When we were little, we were all best friends. We would hang out, and play together all the time. Evene when we were that young, we both had feelings for that girl. Hell, Mikey may have even, too. Either way..."

 

Insert flashback wavy motion stuff here, and now everyone's kids, and stuff, yay.

 

Little Eric ran in the field with his friends. He looked around, finding his gaze fixated on Cassie. He gulped a little. Coming to terms with liking her for a while now. He was past the "ewwww, girls are icky." phase. But, even still, he never felt that way with her. At age 7, he felt the butterflies in his tummy from being around her. She was so cute. As he stood there, in awe of her, he wasn't paying attention as she ran up, and grabbed his hand, pulling him with her. He snapped out of the fantasy, into the fantasy of reality. She looked back at him, smiling wide. He couldn't help but smile, too, as they ran over to their other friends, and frolicked through the field, playing tag, and the guys wrestled at times, as well. Cassie would just laugh as they would even make it clear that they were competing for her.

 

Eric, and Chase would be the ones fighting the most. Despite being such good friends. Mikey would argue with both of them, and start fights just because. I think he just liked being confrontational. Despite how many times they may have fought, they were all always close friends, and would stick together against anybody trying to mess with them. Especially when it came to Cassie.

 

Cassie laid back on a hill, stretching her arms, and legs out, letting out a yawn.

 

"You guys are so crazy, I swear!" She shouted out, as Eric, and Mikey were going at it again.

 

Mikey grabbed Eric from behind, and tried to lift him up, but Eric has stepped on his foot as hard as he could, turning around, tackling Mikey to the ground.

 

"Ahh, damn it!" Mikey yelled, throwing his fist up hitting Eric square in the chin. The scuffle continued, as Mikey pushed Eric off of him, and they were in an arm grapple, one trying to best the other.

 

Chase used this time to scoot in close to Cassie. "Hey, Cass." He said, smoothly. Even back then, he was a sly devil, good looking, and always knew just what to say.

 

Cassie smiled. "Hi, Chase!" she beamed out, happily.

 

"Cassie, I wanna..." Before he could finish, Eric flew into him.

 

"If you wanna talk to the princess, you're gonna have to get through me!" He yelled out, as they started to scuffle again. 

 

Mikey stood back, holding up his hands, yelling. "Hey! I'm not done with you!" As he made a mad dash for them, diving into the brawl.

 

After about another 10 minutes of fighting, the friends were all laying there, laughing.

 

"Hey, do you think we'll all be best friends forever?" Cassie asked.

 

"What kind of question is that, Cass? We'll always be best friends!" Mikey shouted out.

 

They all laughed, and smiled, laying down in the grass, soaking up the summer sun...

 

Yes, things were so blissful back then. The memories flooded in.

 

Snap back to reality.

 

"But, Eric, there's more to it than just the good times. Listen, there was an-" He was cut off by the sound of a door opening.

 

 Cassie's door swung open. She looked directly at the two men on her desk. Chase and Eric stopped reminiscing, and stared at the now giant image of the girl they both loved as children.

 

"I was so stupid.... You two weren't supposed to see each other..." She said, solemnly. She walked over to the desk, and took Chase away, walking out of the room without saying a word.

Chapter End Notes:

!!