- Text Size +

Jessica took a deep breath as she prepared to increase her size so that she could help the little boy who was stuck on the top branch of a tree. The space around her had been cleared as she muttered the word 'big'. Moments later she could feel her whole body rising into the air as she grew in size. She could hear gasps from the people around her as they stood in disbelief of the growing woman before them. Some began to move away out of fear of her and for their own safety. Jessica didn't blame her for this, the memories of her failed training session was still fresh in her mind. She had accidentally caused a lot of destruction simply by taking a small walk. She could not dwell on these thoughts however as she knew that the young boy in the tree needed her help.

Just then the boy's grip finally failed him but rather than falling into another branch and then to the ground he landed on something soft. In his confusion the boy didn't know what was happening but when he looked on what he was lying on he saw that it seemed to be an enormous hand. He looked down the arm attached to hand and followed it all the way to the shoulder. His eyes moved up to the body, then the neck and finally the head and face. What he could see was not only the largest woman that he had ever seen but also in his mind the most beautiful. Not just because she was pretty but because she was like a guardian angel who had saved him from falling to his death or at the least serious injury.

"Are you alright?" asked Jessica in a soft and calming voice. The boy was still very upset with what had happened but he nodded to her and this made her smile. "Good, I guess you're one very lucky boy."

Jessica had been squatting down so she had easily been able to put her hand under where the boy had been hanging before he feel. Slowly she lowered him down to the ground and as soon as he was low enough he jumped off her hand and ran to his mother. The two embraced in a hug as they knew that they had just averted a catastrophe. The mother looked up to Jessica and with tears in her eyes she thanked her. Jessica had saved the most precious thing that she had and for this she would never forget what had happened.

The people who had been helpless to save the boy all began to gather around Jessica's feet. Thankfully she was still fully clothed as she was wearing the special suit that grew along with her. The scientists had felt that it was best for her to wear it at all times in case she accidentally grew in size and found herself wearing her birthday suit once again. Much like the first time she grew.

Everyone was cheering Jessica as she muttered the word 'small' and she began to shrink back down in size. It only took her moments to revert to her normal size but even when she was smaller she was still almost head and shoulders above everyone else. She could hear so many voices at once that she struggled to make one out from the other.

Jessica was becoming overwhelmed by the amount of people who wanted to congratulate her for saving the young boy. It was things like this that many people would turn to being a hero but for Jessica it was simply because she wanted to do the right thing. She had never saved the boy so that she could have some praise and a reward. She had done it because he had been in danger and she was the only one who could save her.

Through the voices she could hear people asking how she had been able to grow in size and exactly who she was. She was a little dumbstruck with all the attention she was getting and she tried to talk but no one seemed to give her a chance to speak. Even when she wanted to speak she didn't know exactly what to say. Things had been happening so fast that she didn't have time to properly think things through. Right now all she wanted to was to be alone and now that she knew that the boy was fine she wanted to leave.

Just then an officer of the law walked up towards where all the commotion was taking place. He was different to the officers who had questioned Jessica at the funfair and he had completely missed the events that had just taken place. He had even missed her growing in size to help the young boy. He was a short stocky man who seemed to work out and he was in confusion over what was going on. He couldn't see any reason for so many people to be converging around Jessica and he thought that she might have done something wrong. He was more concerned for her own safety rather than anyone else's.

"Hey what's going on here?" asked the officer in a loud voice and when he was making his way through the crowd of people he could see the mother crying as she hugged her son. He was still upset but the situation could have been a lot worse.

"That boy almost died but this brave young woman saved her," replied a random person to the officer. She pointed towards Jessica who gave a little smile even though she was a little embarrassed with all the attention she was getting. "That girl turned herself into a giant and caught him before he fell."

The officer was in disbelief over what he was hearing and even considered it to be impossible. He also heard how his colleagues had attended an emergency call and had come face to face with a giant woman. He didn't need to be a genius to see that Jessica and the giant woman were one and the same.

This caused the officer to be somewhat nervous because his colleagues had told him how they had been terrified of her and that they thought that they were running for their lives. The people around her hadn't seemed to have been scared of her though even though some were when she had grown.

"Is that what really happened?" asked the Officer as he looked over to the mother as she still hugged her child. She nodded towards him and he walked over to Jessica turning her attentions to her. "So I guess that makes you a little super heroine now does it?" He wasn't too particularly fond of the agents of Park Incorporated. He didn't like the idea of there being people who had the power to level parts of a city with a mere thought. He was just glad that there weren't super powered being running around the city performing acts of vigilantism. Sometimes agents would be called in for particular cases but this didn't happen too often. He also didn't like the fact that he was having to look up to Jessica. He didn't feel that it was right to have women taller than men and she towered above him like a statue. All she did was smile back down at him.

"Yeah I did save the boy from falling but that was it," said Jessica trying to downplay the role that she had. There was no doubt that without her the boy could have died or at least broken several bones. "If you don't mind I think I'll go back home now, I still need to talk to my dad."

"No so fast little missy." This caught her by surprise as she expected to just walk away and return to her home. "There are certain understandings between Park Incorporated and the police force. One of these little understandings is that their agents don't use their powers outside of their duty."

"A-are you going to arrest me?" There was some disbelief in her voice as she realised what was going on.

"By the power invested in me I am placing you under arrest for the unauthorised use of so called super powers." By then he had taken a pair of handcuffs from his side and placed them over Jessica's wrists. They were made out of a strong metal but the fasteners were also energy based. It made it impossible for any normal person to break out of them and even several agents of Park Incorporated would have a difficult time freeing themselves from these cuffs.

"Please I was only trying to help." Her heart rate increased as the handcuffs were being placed on her wrists. She knew that she could probably break out of them by simply growing but she knew that it would only make the situation worse.

The officer wasn't listening and even members of the crowd were beginning to turn against him. They had just witnessed Jessica save the life of a young boy and now she was being arrested for her actions. The officer was close to calling in backup since he was alone and the people were turning against him. If he wasn't careful the situation could be a lot worse and he even feared for his own safety.

Before the situation could deteriorate any further Jessica was taken away by the officer as he called for a transporter to take her back to the police station. They walked to the edge of the park where a flying police van was waiting for her and almost as soon as she reached it the doors of the vehicle opened up. Rather than being pushed in Jessica stepped inside so that she didn't show any resistance. There was not a lot of headroom inside the van so she couldn't stand up at all but then even a normal person couldn't stand up inside the van. At least when she sat down she didn't have to worry about leg room. She remembered the night of the funfair when she had squeezed into Bobby's car. It had been the first time that she had gotten into a car since her change and she soon found out that they were not designed to be comfortable for a woman who was an inch shy of seven feet tall.

Before Jessica could get too comfortable she could feel the van move off as it began to make its way to the police headquarters. She felt a small amount of guilt for using her powers in public but if she was in the same situation again she would have done the exact same thing even with the knowledge that she would be arrested. In the end all that mattered to her was that the young boy was safe and she didn't care if they locked her up for the rest of her life. At least then she would be happy in the knowledge that the boy was safe.

The ride was a little bumpier than she liked and she had to do everything that she could so that she didn't roll around. A couple of times her back slammed into the wall of the van and she gave a small cry of pain. She was very tempted to simply grow and free herself from the van and the restraints but she knew that it would only make the situation worse. There was also the fact that if she grew while inside the van the two officers driving would likely be crushed to death. This was something that she couldn't allow to happen and she only hoped that somehow she would be released without charge.

Jessica had heard about this little law that prevented agents from using their powers out in public unless they had been given permission. Some agents were exempt from this law since they couldn't deactivate their abilities. Her mentor Agent Fredericks was an example, he was big and tall all the time and he couldn't switch from his normal form to his enlarged like she could. She was at least thankful for the fact that she could switch from normal to giant with only muttering a couple of words. She hated to think what would have happened if she were a giantess permanently.

Jessica was lost in her own thoughts when she felt the van land on the ground and come to a complete stop. She knew that they had reached their destination and she only had to wait a few moments for the doors of the van to swing open. It seemed brighter outside than she remembered but she also heard a command telling her to come outside. Not wanting to make the situation any worse she did as she was told as she stepped out of the van and back into the sunlight. She had to close her eyes for a moment as they adjusted to the brightness of the lights before her.

The officer pulled at her cuffs so that she would follow him. Even in this smaller size Jessica had the strength to overpower him. She had even considered doing that but she was still somewhat disorientated and she was worried about what was going to happen to her. She more or less thought that her career as an Agent was going to be finished and that they would take away her powers. She didn't know if they could even do that but she suspected that there was some method that they were keeping secret.

The worst thing that Jessica could think about was her father's disappointment. He had raised her almost singlehandedly after the death of her mother and Jessica couldn't help but feel that she had thrown everything that he ever did for her back in his face. All she could hope to do was for the law to be lenient to her.

A short time later Jessica found herself sitting inside a small cell. It was very basic in the way that it had a bed, a toilet and a barred window. There was nothing that she could do except wait for someone to come in and tell her what was going to happen. She wanted to know whether she would be charged for unauthorised use of her new abilities or be allowed to walk. She thought that under the circumstances she would be allowed to walk away. She hadn't used her powers for a personal gain or even out of laziness. She had used them to save someone who truly needed saving and if she would be charged for that then she felt that everyone on Home should be imprisoned.

Jessica had to wait for two hours before the door to her cell opened and she saw General Kilgore enter the cell. She quickly got up to her feet to show that she had some level of respect for him. Her heart was pounding as she saw him entering the cell and she didn't know whether this was a sign that she was being released or that she was about to be fired from her position.

General Kilgore did look tired and it was obvious that he didn't have a very good night's sleep the previous night. She could see the bags under his eyes but his uniform was still well kept. Although he was a relatively tall man he still looked small in comparison to her but he still felt like the only giant in the room.

"Sir," said Jessica. She had been told how to address Generals and senior officers when she had been going through some of the basics.

"Junior Agent Snape," replied General Kilgore in a voice that hid a large amount of his anger. She could still hear the hint of annoyance in his voice but he was masking it over carefully. "Do you mind telling me why you used your abilities in an unauthorised manner?" There seemed to be no sympathy in his voice. She didn't know whether he had heard about what had happened with the young boy of if he didn't care.

"I was in the park when I saw a child about to fall out of a tree. I used my powers to save him and then I got arrested for it. Please sir I shouldn't be here, I know I'm not supposed to use my powers outside of HQ or on a mission but you have to understand sir what other choice did I have?"

"You can explain yourself fully back at Park Incorporated Headquarters. A team of your superiors will determine whether any appropriate action should be taken. Until then you are to remain at the Headquarters until the matter is resolved. Your training is also to be put on hold until you are either absolved of have served your appropriate punishment. Is there anything that you would like to say?"

"No sir." There was not much she could say and she shed a few tears as she looked down to the ground. She felt like she was a child being scolded for an act of mischief.

With that two agents walked into the cell. Jessica didn't recognise either of them but she could guess that they were there to take her away. She felt like she had committed a capital crime when all she had done was save the life of an unfortunate child. She didn't know why she was being treated like this, she would love nothing more than to imagine that none of it was happening but simply imagining it wouldn't make it go away. She had to go through with everything and see it to the end. She hoped that the company would see her innocence and allow her to walk away.

A few hours later Jessica found herself in another cell but this one was much more equipped to house a super powered being. It was made by one of the strongest metals known and even if she were at her full size she most likely couldn't break it. The cell once again was more designed for a normal sized person rather than her but it was still larger than the cell that she had been in at the police station.

One thing that she was given was a guide book to the policies and training of Park Incorporated. Despite the fact that she was more or less being court martialled she saw this as the company taking leniency since they were still allowing her to train. A part of her didn't want to do any kind of training but since all she would be doing be sitting down alone with her thoughts she thought that it was best to do something that would keep her occupied. Being along with her thoughts was probably a more terrible punishment than some people could imagine.

Eventually Jessica saw a figure come up to the cell door and when she looked over to it she was more than pleased to see that it was Agent Fredericks. She quickly stood up from where she was sitting and moved over to the door. Words couldn't express how happy she was to see him but he had somewhat of a glum look on his face. He stood there at the door and it was obvious that he would be too big to fit through but for what he needed to say he didn't need to be inside.

"Dennis you don't know how happy I am to see you," said Jessica with a few tears rolling down her face. "You've gotta tell them that this has all been one big mistake. I didn't do anything wrong."
"Did you use your powers outside of the company?" replied Agent Fredericks. There was a few moments of silence before Jessica could answer. She could hear the seriousness in his voice and she knew that things were truly bad.

"Yes I did." She started to sound like she had committed a terrible crime when in truth it had barely been anything.

"That is going to be a problem." He gave out a sigh. "I'm not going to judge you but can you please tell me what possessed you to do that? You're not competent enough to even use your powers in a mission never mind in public."

"There was a young boy who was about to fall out of a tree and if I hadn't of saved him he could have been seriously hurt or worse." Tears continued to roll down her face. "Please I only did what I thought was right and now I'm being treated like a criminal. You've got to tell them that what I did was for the right reasons."
"Unfortunately that is not for me to judge. Since I'm your trainer I am not allowed to pass judgement on you because I might not be in the best mind. You are being tried tomorrow and only then can we know whether you are innocent or guilty."

"What will happen to me if I'm found guilty?" There was a bit of a pause as she saw Agent Fredericks sigh once again.

"If you're found guilty then you will be punished according to company guidelines. Since it seems that you used your powers for something that wasn't technically a crime or trying to hurt someone you won't face the harshest punishments. Most likely you will have a few weeks or months in incarceration and the future of your career go into consideration. I will do anything I can to try and get you off the hook but I admit it won't be easy. As you might have gathered I'm not the smartest person on Home."

"When will the trial take place?" There was more sorrow in her voice and it was as if she was being punished for saving a life.

"It will take place first thing tomorrow morning. For now you will be staying here and I know this goes without saying but any attempts to escape will only make things worse for you. I know that you wouldn't try but we have to say that to every agent who gets court martialled."

"What happened to them?"

"Well it varies. Some were found guilty and punished accordingly while others were found innocent and they went on their way so to speak. All I can do right now is give you my wisdom and my assistance. I hope that it is enough to win tomorrow."

They spoke for a few more minutes before Agent Fredericks had to leave. He had a lot to read about what happened during the incident so that he could find a way for the charges to be dropped. He believed that Jessica was in the right but she had still broken a solid rule and there would most likely be consequences.

Jessica remained in her cell and could only go through her training and lie on the bed and think. Unfortunately her extreme height made lying on the bed uncomfortable and she felt depressed once again. She went through the events in her head over and over again and she even thought that she should have let the boy fall. She hated that thought since she knew that she would have hated herself for doing nothing. Especially if the boy had died as a result of his fall.

She also began to wonder what her father thought when he found out that his only child was being court martialled so soon after joining the company. She thought that he would have been ashamed of her. Jessica also thought about Alicia, she imagined if her friend was there right now she would be giving her words of encouragement but instead she was lying on the bed by herself.

Jessica look down her body and she couldn't see her stomach thanks to her large breasts. This was a little reminder of what she had become, she was beginning to wish that she had never tried to become and agent and just went into being a scientists like her father had wanted her to. She could have used her mind for the benefit of science but instead she wanted to be in more of an active role. Having superpowers was a bonus to her but even then she wished that she had different ones. If she had the ability to fly it would be less of a hassle than being able to grow in size.

All Jessica could do for the time being was hope that she was found innocent the next day and she could forget about the incident. It was a memory that she doubted that she would ever forget however. It was one of those memories that was edged into her mind and she would most likely remember it until the end of her days. She had no idea of the life span she was going to have. Instead all she did was try and make herself comfortable in the small bed and she drifted to sleep. At least in her dreams she was free and the worries of the world seemed to melt away.

As Jessica dreamed she wished that she could remain in this state for the rest of her life but soon she had to face the reality of her life. A sharp knocking on her cell door, it soon woke her up and her time of bliss was over. She jolted awake and she sat up in the bed, she wished that she could have remained asleep but a part of her was telling her that she needed to wake up and face the music so to speak.

Rather than having to leave the cell immediately Jessica was given time to prepare herself and some more appropriate clothing was given to her. It had been made for her measurements and she was happy to have something that fitted her. The clothing was red and white and consisted of a long skirt, buttoned shirt and flat shoes. It was the standard clothing worn by a female agent who was going through a court martial.

After Jessica had prepared herself Agents Munroe and Lang came to her cell to escort her to where the hearing was taking place. It felt like the longest walk of her life and she could see a few scientists, agents and other officials stare at her as she walked passed and it was nerve wracking for her. She looked to see if she could see her father or any other friendly faces but all she saw were strangers.

It took a good ten to fifteen minutes of walking before Jessica reached the room where the court martial was taking place. She had expected it to be a big open room filled with many people wanting to witness her fate. Instead it was a small room with two men and a sitting at a raised stage so that they loomed over her. To the side she could see Agent Fredericks waiting for her as well. In the case of a court martial not many people were allowed to witness it. Not even relatives of the accused. There were only a dozen people there besides Jessica.

The three people who were on the raised stage were generals. One was General Kilgore while the others Jessica had never seen them before and as she had to look up to them she felt very small. She wished that the ground could swallow her up and she would never be heard of again.

She did feel claustrophobic in this room and if she accidentally grew there would be no room for her. It was a relatively dark room and it was also soundproof so that nothing discussed could be heard outside. Agents Munroe and Lang remained as was customary since they were there if things began to get out of hand. There were also a few other people there to make sure that the proceedings went without a hitch and that there wasn't any prejudice against the accused.

Before the start of the court martial the other generals introduced themselves as General Vicks and Andre. They were the ones who would have the pleasure of deciding Jessica's fate. She also had some time to talk to Agent Fredericks who would speak on her behalf where he thought it necessary. He didn't want to see her imprisoned for her noble act and would do everything he could to see her walk away unpunished.

"Junior Agent Jessica Snape," said General Andre as she wanted to begin the proceedings. "You stand accused of unauthorised use of your size manipulation abilities. The consequences of such action could lead to up to two years imprisonment upon other forms of punishment. How do you plea?"

"I am guilty but I had my reasons," replied Jessica. She was somewhat being defiant but the last thing she wanted was to rub the generals up the wrong way.

"Indeed she did have her reasons," responded Agent Fredericks as he stepped besides her. He too was having to look up at where the Generals were sitting. "I want this court martial proceeding to show that my trainee used her powers in a responsible manner that any would expect from a full-fledged Agent."

The proceedings had begun and Jessica could only hope that Agent Fredericks could work his magic and convince the Generals of the circumstances of her actions. For some reason she didn't think things would end well for her.