- Text Size +

In silence Jessica got herself washed and changed into her uniform. On more than one occasion she had wanted to break down and cry over what had just happened minutes earlier. Something that she considered to be something of absolute beauty had turned ugly. It had caused her to lose the one person that she could call her true friend and she didn't know what she was going to do without her. She kept replaying the events of the morning over and over again in her head, she thought that she could have done something differently, something that would have prevented Alicia from storming out. She could have lied to her and accepted her as the partner that she wanted. Jessica knew that if she had lied to Alicia it would have made their relationship hollow and when Alicia discovered the truth the consequences would have been far worse.

Before making her way to Park Incorporated Jessica did leave a note her father. She thought that he would most likely be at the headquarters as well but if they had somehow missed each other then he would know where she was. She had decided to leave out about what had happened the previous night, it was something that she felt that he wouldn't want to know and at this moment in time it was only causing her sorrow.

It took Jessica several minutes to reach the headquarters of Park Incorporated where already there was a lot tension in the air. All available agents including the junior agents had been called in. Many of the agents had been unavailable due to the fact that they were already on missions or for other reasons. Before Jessica could find out what was happening she was rushed into the main briefing room where she saw a dozen other agents including Agents Fredericks, Lang, Munroe and even Junior Agent Paige. These were all the agents that were able to get to the briefing room as the others were still unavailable. She felt very nervous as she knew that something big was going down. She already saw General Kilgore standing in front of a screen with an image of the power station.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have a situation at hand," said General Kilgore. Standing next to him was an assistant with a couple more Generals standing not too far away. "An emergency has arisen at the Layton Fields Power Plant." With that the picture on the screen changed to a blue print of the power station. "The Bicovio Levels in Reactor One is reaching critical levels and if we don't lower the levels the reactor will explode. The ensuing explosion will destroy this entire city and many mile around the immediate area. All that will be left is a crater as large as a small moon."

"Wow wait shouldn't there be some kind of safety protocol that would prevent something like this from happening?" asked an agent who had been sitting down not too far from where Jessica was standing. He was a middle aged man and although she didn't know who he was she knew that he had been with the company for some time.

"Indeed there is but unfortunately those protocols have failed. The Bicovio levels are continuing to rise and the staff at the plant can do nothing to lower them. They have called us for assistance since we are the last hope for the city. Already we have spoken to local emergency services and a blast area evacuation will take place at any moment. If the worst were to happen at least lives would be saved. Unfortunately there isn't enough time to evacuate everyone so a small group of agents will go to the plant itself and try and prevent the explosion from taking place. The rest of you will help out with the evacuation process, the more people we get to safety is the less that we have to worry about. If any of you want to go with the evacuees to safety it will not be held against you. All those that choose to stay will be helping to save countless lives. Those who wish to leave may do so now." He paused for a moment and he was thankful to see that none of the agents were leaving. Each of them remained where they were. "Very good I am proud of each and every one of you for remaining behind. You all know what is at risk here." He took a moment to clear his throat before moving on. "For the team that will travel to the plant will be consisted of Agents Fredericks, Lang, Truly and Bolton. The rest of you will be helping with the evacuation of the city and surrounding areas."

Jessica stood there in silence for a moment as she had basically heard that her task was to help the civilians escape from the blast zone. A part of her had wanted to go to the plant itself and stop whatever was happening there. She did understand how her size would help with the evacuation however.

"How much time do we have before the reactor explodes?" asked another random agent who was near the back of the room.

"Less than half an hour by our estimations," replied General Kilgore. "The staff at the plant have being buying us extra time but it has almost run out. The agents that I've mentioned are to remain here for a quick briefing, the rest of you will be assigned to key locations and help the evacuation take place."

Moments later the agents including Jessica had been sent out for their tasks while the last four agents remained behind for this briefing. Agent Fredericks was amongst one of the most experienced and durable agents in Park Incorporated had made him a prime choice for this mission. His added strength did help as well and the fact that he could most likely survive any explosion did help him.

The other agents that were amongst him was Agent Lang who he had worked on numerous missions before. Agent Truly was a very average looking woman but her ability to manipulate rock made her a very powerful agent. She could be powerful enough herself to trigger an earthquake that could destroy the entire city but she had a good enough grasp on her powers to keep them safely in check. In this team she might have been the youngest member but she could be considered to be one of the most powerful.

The final agent left in this team was a man who was called Agent Bolton. It was not his powers that had gotten him onto this team. It was the mind behind them, his power to see in multiple spectrums did have some uses but he was also a brilliant mind. While Agent Lang would most likely lead this operation it was Agent Bolton who was going to be the brains behind it.

"The mission is very simple ladies and gentlemen," said General Kilgore to these four remaining agents. "Your task is to prevent the reactor from exploding by any means necessary. The very least that can be done is to postpone the explosion for as long as you can so that the evacuation can continue for as long as possible."

"So is this a suicide mission?" asked Agent Truly. She wasn't the best looking of women but the power that she wielded did demand respect from those around her. Like the other agents she was a good person or she would not have been permitted to have her powers in the first place.

"Not entirely. I have the upmost confidence in you that you will succeed. Agent Bolton will access the plant's systems and discover if there is a way to prevent this explosion from taking place. There rest of you will be there to assist him in any way that you can. Your own power sets will most likely come into play."

"I still believe that I should be out there trying to evacuate those civilians," replied Agent Fredericks. He had been a little nervous of leaving Jessica to use her powers without him being around but he was more concerned for his loved ones.

"Your powers will be essential to the success of the mission. Not only are you one of the strongest agents within the company but you're also the most durable. You've seen what you can withstand, that will come in good use and there are still plenty of agents out there helping those in need."

"What about my trainee? She isn't really supposed to be using her powers without my supervision." He still remembered what Jessica's sessions

"Normally that would be the case but this situation does call for desperate measures. For now Junior Agent Snape and the other junior agents will be allowed to operate as a full agent during this crisis. As soon as it is over they will once again only be allowed to use their powers under the supervision of their mentor."

Not too far away Jessica was being hurried away so that she and the other agents could go out into the city and help with the evacuation. Already the emergency services had already started broadcasting about the evacuation. At first many of the civilians had thought that it was another drill but much to their horror they began to discover that there was indeed real danger.

Rather than having to travel through a vortex like before the agents were being transported in huge flying vehicles that were designed to house more than a thousand people. There were two agents assigned to each transporter with a driver in each vehicle as well. The objective was to get as many people out of the city as they could in case the reactor exploded. It seemed that it was a likely scenario but there was still hope that the team sent to the power plant itself could still cap the problem.

There were numerous evacuation points all across the city and Jessica's transporter was allocated to be Evacuation Point Five. It was in a part of the city that she had not travelled to in some time. She was feeling a little nervous with going on her first real assignment without Agent Fredericks but she thought that she was ready. She also wanted to see if all of her training had paid off and how people would react around her. So far she had one good and one bad experience when growing in public and she considered this to be the tie-breaker. She only hoped that she would live long enough to either enjoy or regret the experience. She hoped that it was the former.

Jessica had been paired up with Agent Hancock who had only been a full agent for a couple of years. She was a woman of colour who had the power to extend her fingernails until they were roughly three feet long. When elongated her fingernails were incredibly strong, strong enough to slice through strong metals. If by any chance one of her nails were broken it would grow back in quick time.

The two women stood inside the transporter as it hovered above the evacuation point. They could see people gathering below and from where they were looking they couldn't help but think of how small they looked. Jessica did feel nervous as the transporter began to lower as she knew that soon she would be swamped by people who wanted to flee to safety. She thought that they would be in a panicky state of mind and would do almost anything to ensure their safety.

"You know the plan," said Agent Hancock as the transporter continued to lower. "You go out there and grow to your full size. At least then you can get the attention of everyone and deal with any trouble if need be. I'll remain on here and make sure that everyone gets on safely. You will also remain behind to keep some order between drops." They both knew that there were so many people and so very few transporters that it would take several trips to evacuate everyone.

"Ok, I hope this goes well," replied Jessica although she could feel a small amount of anxiety. This was her first real test and she was determined to stay cool under pressure or else she couldn't consider herself an agent."

"Unless people start panicking everything should be fine." They had to wait for a few more moments before the transporter finally touched the ground. Jessica concentrated on her breathing so that she could be kept calm. She saw as the small door opened and she could hear the people outside talking amongst themselves. "Ok young'un, show the bosses what you can do."

With that Jessica stepped outside towards the crowd. She muttered the word 'big' as she walked and her body soon rocketed up much to the surprise of many of the people as they saw the tall woman grow even taller. It was like nothing that they had ever seen before and there were even a few who were more terrified of her rather than the big explosion that was going to take place. She reached her full height within moments and she tried to smile down at them to show that she wasn't a threat.

"People please there is no need to panic," said Jessica. Her voice was as pleasant as she could be. She wanted to make sure that no one was panicking but that was something that she knew would be difficult. "My name is Junior Agent Snape and my colleague and I are going to get you all out of here before anything happens." Just then the large doors of the transporter opened, Agent Hancock was standing by the door as she waited for the first few people to come through. "Can people please start to enter the transporter in a calm and orderly fashion. If there is not enough space for you on this transporter it will return a short time later to pick you up."

Jessica watched as hundreds of people scurried passed her so that they could get onto the transport. Although she had been practicing in her growing powers she still couldn't get over how small everyone looked when she was a giantess. They reminded her of dolls but she had to remember that they were real people.

Many of the people looked up at Jessica as they went passed. Many of them would have just stood there and stared at her all day but their will to survive outweighed their curiosity so they carried passed her. It did not take long for the transporter to be packed to capacity. There were still more people who were trying to get on but Jessica had to squat down and put her hand in the way.

"Sorry guys the transporter is full," said Jessica. She was somewhat trying to be assertive so that people understood what she was telling them. Despite this people were still trying to get passed her so that they could get onto the transport but already the doors were closing. She had to pick up anyone who had tried to get passed her. She didn't want to vent any anger towards them because she wanted to show that she wasn't a threat. "I said that the transporter is full." There was a small man in her hand who seemed to be scared of her. "You'll have to wait for it to return before you can board."

"Please I just want to live," replied the Man. He was terrified that his existence could be wiped away in mere moments.

"I know you do sweetie and I promise you, you will. For now all you need to do is wait for the transporter to return and then you can get back on. If everyone remains calm everyone will get to safety before anything can happen."

This seemed to calm the man down enough for her to place his back on the ground. It seemed that her spirit had won out in this battle but he was only one of thousands desperate to survive. If they all began to try and get passed her then she and everyone else could be in a lot of trouble.

Meanwhile some miles away the elite team of Agents had arrived at the power plant to try and resolve the crisis that was taking place there. They knew that if they didn't properly shut down the reactor and prevent the Bicovio levels from rising any higher there would be a huge crater where the city once stood.

All through the time the staff were doing everything that they could to prevent the reactor from exploding. If not for their efforts the reactor would have blown up by now and countless people would have been killed. Unfortunately the danger was far from over and they knew that they would be lucky if they survived.

Agent Bolton had already made his way to the computer systems and was beginning to go through everything that was taking place in the reactor. With his powers he could also see into the reactor and he was terrified by what he could see. He could also see the Bicovio all around the reactor and if someone got too close to it, it would cause them serious harm or worse.

Agent Lang was the one leading the team and for the moment all he and the other agents could do was wait for Agent Bolton's diagnosis. None of them were without their nerves, even Agent Fredericks who was the most laid back of the quartet was extremely nervous himself. Just before he had left for this mission he had a few moments to contact his wife and told her how much he loved her just in case he didn't return from this mission. He had even asked a couple of the agents to make sure that she got to safety. She was his entire world and if she were to die he didn't know what he would do. She was the only woman who truly loved him and had seen passed his obese body and seen the man that he was inside. For that he would forever be hers.

As Agent Bolton continued to go over what was taking place in the reactor through the computer systems he was getting more and more worried with every passing moment. Like the staff he had attempted multiple times to try and jumpstart the reactor's safety features but so far none of them had worked. The reactor was too far gone to be properly shut down by the computer console and the clamps that kept it connected had rusted shut over time. They had been meaning to replace them but there had been a few budget cuts that had prevented them from carrying out this job. There had been other jobs that they had felt was more pressing.

"This isn't good," said Agent Bolton as he looked at the computer screen. He was getting warnings constantly flash up on the screen and he had to do everything he could to ignore them for the moment. Agent Truly was standing by his side. She didn't quite have the intellect that he did but she knew that when the reactor blew up that things would get really, really bad.

"What is it?" replied Agent Truly as she looked at the computer screen. She could see the schematics. Like the vast majority of people on Home she didn't know entirely what she was looking at.

"I've tried everything that I can think to try and shut down the reactor from here but if anything all I've done is delayed the explosion by a few minutes. Unless we can disconnect the reactor manually this whole place including the city and everything around it will be nothing but a wasteland. Not even bacteria will survive."

"Maybe I can disconnect cables myself. You know just use a few jagged rocks and the job will be done."

"I doubt it, these cables are extremely strong and the force of your rocks impacting it could cause an explosion. One of the best ways for us to do disconnect the cables is to literally pull them out."

"So can we just get Dennis to do that? He's more than strong enough to do the job." At first she thought that it was the solution to their problem but she saw the expression on Agent Bolton's face remain the same.

"No Bicovio levels around the reactor are too high. He would be fried before he could remove all of the cables. True due to his bulk he could withstand it much longer than any of us but not long enough to save us." He briefly looked over at Agent Lang who was using his water manipulation abilities to keep the reactor cool. He could have attempted to push the reactor up from below but he didn't have enough water at his command to do this. He was also standing far enough away from the reactor to not be affected by the Bicovio. "Agent Lang's efforts are buying us some time but it's like putting a plaster on a severed limb. We need someone who is strong enough to pull the cables out but also resilient enough to withstand the Bicovio long enough to get the job done."

"How about a giant?"

"A what?"

"A giant, Dennis's latest trainee can turn herself into a giant. I'm not sure exactly what her limits are but she could be strong enough to rip out the cables and at an enlarged state her body should be more resilient to the Bicovio."

"That just might work." He had to continue to think about it and he could see that it made sense. "Only problem is that she's still a trainee and not a full agent. There could be some complications if we go ahead with this."

"I could still try and use my own powers to help. You know like pushing the reactor up into the air. That could still work."

"Perhaps, that sounds like a safer idea, we'll go ahead with that first and leave this giant theory as our back up plan."

Moments later Agent Truly got herself into position a safe distance away from the reactor. The other agents watched on as she got herself ready to possibly save the city. She took several deep breaths as she held her hands out towards the reactor. At first nothing was happening but within moments the ground beneath the reactor began to push up. She was using her powers to manipulate the ground below it and she hoped by pushing it up far enough that the reactor cables would disconnect allowing the reactor to finally shut down and be safe.

The plan seemed to be working at first but suddenly Agent Truly began to feel sick. She didn't know it but her body was being bombarded with Bicovio. By lifted the reactor up in an attempt release the cables she had accidentally begun to increase the Bicovio field and she was no longer in a safe area. She could feel her head beginning to ache and she could feel her body getting weaker. Agent Bolton could see the Bicovio in the area around Agent Truly and he realised what was going on.

"She's being exposed to the Bicovio!" shouted Agent Bolton. This got the attention of both Agents Fredericks and Lang. "Dennis get her out of there before she goes passed the point of no return."

Agent Fredericks understood what was happening and quickly moved towards where Agent Truly was. She had already fallen to the ground and was beginning to lose consciousness. Even with his size he was able to gently grab her and take her away from where the Bicovio was leaking out. In the brief time that he had been in the Bicovio he had felt it impacting his body but for the moment it had done no damage to him thanks to his thick hide. Any longer and like Agent Truly he would have started feeling the effects as well. Unlike Agent Truly if he had fallen there would have been no one around to pick him up.

The unconscious Agent Truly was placed on a table while Agent Lang tended to her. He was trained in first aid but he didn't need to be a doctor to know that she was in a bad way. Agent Fredericks was by his side while Agent Bolton was still at the computer screen trying everything that he could to try and solve the problem at hand. He wasn't uncaring but he knew that he had more important things that required his time. Also he felt that there was little he could do for her.

"How is she?" asked Agent Fredericks as he looked over at Agent Truly. If he didn't know any better he would have thought that she was asleep.

"Not good," replied Agent Lang as he tried everything that he could with his limited medical skills. "She needs urgent medical attention, unfortunately she can't get any because all the doctors are being evacuated."

"So the only way that we can save her is if we stop this explosion and we get her to someone who can help."

"Precisely and I'm afraid the only one who can stop the explosion right now is Junior Agent Snape."

"What Jessica?" He had not been in the conversation between Agents Bolton and Truly earlier. They had informed Agent Lang since he was leading the mission but Agent Fredericks had yet to be informed. "But she's not ready for this and she won't survive the ordeal."

"But she will be able to tolerate the Bicovio long enough disconnect the reactor. There is a large risk that she will not survive but think of those that she will save. I know it is not the most ideal of situations to put someone of her experience in this position but what choice do we have?"

"There has to be another way." He was trying to make it sound like Jessica wasn't their last resort but in truth he couldn't think of any other way to stop the explosion. The Bicovio levels were continuing to rise and before long everything in the area would be completely destroyed.

"If there was I would have used that. Contact your trainee now and tell her to make her way here as soon as possible."

"Please don't make me do that." There was a small tear in his eye as he knew that he couldn't stop what was happening.

"I'm sorry old friend. If there was another way I would have done it. I know that she is young and inexperienced but she is the only one who can prevent this explosion. Now please contact her and tell her to come here."

There was a few moments of absolute silence between the two men as Agent Fredericks kept trying to think of something that could stop the explosion. He knew that Jessica was the only one who had the body to be able to withstand the Bicovio long enough for her to get close to it and she had the strength to rip the cables off. She would succumb to the Bicovio more or less right after she had done this and he couldn't imagine having to tell her father that his only child was killed. A few more tears rolled down his face as he lifted his VSC device to his mouth and pressed a button on it.

"Jessica this is Dennis do you copy?" asked Agent Fredericks. At first all he was getting was static but eventually he could hear a voice on the other end.

"This is Jessica," replied a feminine voice.

"I need you to come to the power plant right away. I'm uploading my location to you right now. Please come as soon as possible." He was trying to hide how much it was hurting him to do this but he realised that there was very little choice in this. He couldn't sacrifice the lives of millions for one person.