- Text Size +

2155, Governor's Palace, Yeikong Archology, New Atlantis

Neyla was sitting on a couch in her palace when a camera crew entered. The purple, blue-striped tigress had been expecting them, so their presence did not bother her as much as it usually would. Her emerald-green eyes darted from one to the next, looking for any indication of a threat. She had tightened security of the colony of New Atlantis since word of "furless beings with intellect" reached her ears. Humans were, of course, well known, but to her, they were all savages hell-bent on killing her; this was the first time a large group of them had entered her palace not carrying weapons. Nonetheless, this still set her on edge.

"I know why you are here; You want to know why I am how I am." The tigress stood up, twiching her tail so that it nearly formed a ring. "I shall tell you humans what I went though before I became governess of this city."

The cameramen now looked at her half-surprised.

"How did you-"

"I am a harbinger of one of the most powerful civilizations in the galaxy. It is my job to know what happens in my city."

"Well that does explain how you have survived this long with that Merc company Cerberus trying to kill you."

"Cerberus is lucky the Grand Council brokered the treaty when it did, or the entire planet would have been destroyed. I'm the one who told my sister Nirrti to leave your kind alone the day she found out Cerberus tried to murder me. I still do not regret eating those imbisiles."

"Governess Neyla, Why did you?"

"Oh despense with the formalities, just call me Neyla. And I ate them to make an example out of them. I hoped they would take a hint and leave me, this city and it's citizens alone."

 "And I assume they have not."

Neyla lets her tail fall against her armor. "No, their meddling continues. I have decided to eat the leaders of every band I kill....so far I believe 568 mercs have fallen either by my claws, the City's defences or the troops I maintain for the defense of the colony. Of those I have eaten about 50. For all that tough talk your kind are just as easily passed through my body as normal food. The only reason I have the others buried at all is because I respect my enemies enough to grant it."

They now eyed the armored tigress with a mix of fear and respect. Neyla's black and gold Combat Armor glisened in the light of the neon lanterns and chandileers. She stood on her two legs, with her semi-bushy tail flush against her body. She had a badge embosed on her armor which declared her rank as a colonial governor. She carried a nobile air about her that made it clear that the tigress was proud to have eaten some of her enemies. The tigress had an energy pistol holstered on her left hip and an plasma whip holstered on the right.

"So let us get to business." The camera man said after getting over the shock of Neyla's words.

"Yes, I agree...you may set up whatever you see fit in this room and I will give you access to all but the top floor of my palace." Neyla said as she relaxed and gracefully sat back down.

"Why the top floor?" the camera man asked as his crew began setting up their equipment.

"Because that is where my quarters are, and I perfer the items within remain inviolate, understand?"

"Alright. Let us begin."

"Yes, best get this done before anymore mercs show up." Neyla nodded in agreement, her eyes still darting about, looking for enemies.