- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys, I've been reading on here for about a year or two but this is my first ever try at writing so please please comment and review and criticise and any suggestions on where you'd like this to go or if you're even interested to read more would be so appreciated! 

'Mel! do u know where my charger is?'

James was once again scouring the living room for his phone charger. Melissa had a habit of clearing up the kitchen/living area very thoroughly; even items plugged into the wall sockets weren't safe.

'Melissa!?' James shouted again. This was one of the things that drove him nuts about her. It didn't need to have been moved and now he had no idea where it was. Not a great situation when your mobile is on 10% battery.

'What do you want now...' he heard from up the stairs, followed by the heavy thud of footsteps. James let out a deep sign in frustration. He knew this was only going to end in an argument - things had been tense between the two uni housemates that weekend. The other three had all gone back to their respective homes, leaving James and Melissa with only each other for company.

'My charger, where did you putting it while 'tidying'?' James emphasised the word tidying with air quotes.

'I haven't moved it! If you were more organised you'd be abl-'

James zoned out. He knew exactly what she was going to say and didn't need to hear it again. He didn't like the girl that much, but he couldn't deny she had a gorgeous figure, which was taking his full attention now. She had come downstairs with her dirty blonde hair roughly down up in a claw clip, wisps of treacle breaking free of it's spring loaded teeth. She was wearing a white t-shirt that clung to the curves of her ample d-cup breasts whilst giving her that girl next door look as it hung loose just above her belly button. Below said belly button she wore tight grey jeggings that struggled to contain her curvy hips and bum, following her gorgeous long legs down to a pair of large, bare and beautifully kept size 8 feet. She was tall for a girl, about 5'10, and was therefore nearly eye level with James even with his 6 foot frame. 

'-here's your bloody charger, it was under a pile of your stuff! Its-'

She was always having a go at him for something it seemed. Even James knew he probably didn't pull his weight around the house. But the others didn't really mind and Mel couldn't make him do anything he didn't want to - as long as he paid his fair share of the bills, there was nothing she could do.

'-so please just wash up as soon as you're done eating so I don't have to!' she finished.

She seemed to have gone on a tangent while he wasn't lisstening. 'Ok fine Mel.' James lied. He couldn't be bothered to argue with her, especially when it was just the two of them for the next three days.

They stood there in awkward silence for a bit, before something seemed to click in Melissa's head.

'You know what, tonight is the night!' she said with a smile. It sounded almost like she was saying it to herself.

'The night for what?' James asked cautiously.

Mel turned round quickly when James spoke and seemed to take a second to compose herself. 'The night we start to get along!' she said, still smiling.

'Look I'm sorry,' she continued, 'I don't mean to give you a hard time. It is just the two of us this weekend so we should probably get to know each a bit more outside of...this.' She pointed to the dirty plates and cutlery that I'd left in the sink. 'Let's go to Fifth-T and have a couple of drinks. What to do you think, "Peace in our time"?'

James thought about it for a moment. She seemed geniune, and seeing her smile for a change really brought about how pretty she was. Not just fit, like he'd always thought, but pretty. He realised how little she smiled normally when he was around, and that guilt made his decision quite simple.

'Sure, go for it,' he answered. 'Quite fancy a drink as it is! I'll be ready in like five minutes, so just knock when you're done.'

'Cool,' Mel said, jogging up the stairs, 'be down in 20!'

-- 

Sitting down at her desk, purse in hand, Melissa took a small vial from her draw and held it to her face. Inside were 15 chalky-looking tablets, plain and unmarked. She unscrewed the lid quickly, and grabbed one between two fingers. A smug, satisfied smile formed on her lips.

'Tonight's the kind of night...' she sang under her breath, as she put the tablet she was holding into her purse., '...where everything could change.'

Chapter End Notes:

Starting this back up again and I will be updating this time. Please enjoy and review!