- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First Chapter of my new series called Discountenance.

Hope you enjoy.

Regarding my previous story, I decided to scrap it since I ran out of ideas and began posting on this website without proper thinking. Apologies.

As for this story, I already have a general story written.

I will post one chapter per week since if I post more, I will run out of chapters.

:D

I slowly opened my eyes.

Darkness and coldness was surrounding me.

‘Where am I?’ I thought.

My whole body ached as I tried to stand, and it took about 5 minutes just to get on my feet.

My eyes were getting used to the dark.

As I looked around, I began to see my surroundings.

It seemed to me that I was standing in a large flat wooden surface, and there was nothing else that my eyes could identify.

‘Am I lost somewhere?’ I began to wonder. ‘I better call my parents, or use my navigation to find my way back home.’

However, when I checked my belongings, I had absolutely nothing.

“So I’ve been mugged and left to die in the cold…great.”

I was getting seriously cold, so I decided to move.

I took a few steps before I bumped into an invisible wall and fell down.

“What the…?” I thought as I stood up and touched the wall. It seemed to be made out of glass.

I ran to the opposite direction and bumped into another glass wall.

Wherever I went, there was a glass wall blocking my way.

‘Am I in some sort of test chamber?’

I looked up and saw a gold metallic round ceiling, and I began to think it looked like a giant lid.

‘Wait a second…am I trapped in a giant jar?’

My mind began to race, and I thought of a million ways how this could have happened.

‘Ok, try to think…what is the last thing I remember?’

>>>3 Hours ago<<<

The end bell of 10th period rang, and I ran out the classroom.

School was over, and I couldn’t wait to go home and enjoy my weekend.

I was accompanied by Michael, my best friend, and Daniel, a kid I was getting to know, who I liked so far.

“So David, what are you going to do this weekend?” Michael asked.

“Oh I don’t know…it’s either staying home and doing tons of work or going to the movies and enjoying my life.” I replied, although my only option was to stay home.

“Would your mom allow you to actually get out and watch a movie?” Daniel asked.

“Uhh….maybe, I’m not sure.” I replied, not really wanting to continue this conversation any longer.

“Well, good luck! See you next Monday!” Said Michael, as he went to take the bus home.

“See you David!” Daniel waved as he got into bus as well.

“Bye guys!” I waved until the bus left. I turned and went into the Subway station.

The subway was darker than usual because the lights were being fixed, and the surrounding gave off a disgusting smell that I did not like at all. The place gave me the creeps and made me want to leave immediately.

I slid my metro card and sat down in one of the wooden seats and waited for my train. The train was supposed to be here in 5 minutes, which was not that long of a wait.

That’s when I noticed a girl watching me. She looked very familiar for some reason. Then I realized. She was the girl in almost every class I had. I could not remember her name.

As these thoughts swirled around my head, she sat next to me. This was weird because I never saw her in the subways.

“Hey, David.” She said which broke my train of thought.

“Hey….what was your name?” I turned my head and found myself face-to-face with her, with very little distance between us.

“Oh, you will know soon enough……” She said in a very seducing tone.

“Okay…..” I said. ‘What was she trying to do?’

“David?” She said.

I looked up at her face and felt myself going unconscious.

Before I closed my eyes, she blew me a kiss and said,

“See you soon.”

>>>Back to current time<<<

‘So, it is the girl who did this to me.’ I thought.

I decided to wonder later why she did this to me and first think of a way to escape this glass prison.

“Where did she even get this anyway…” I thought as I kept pushing the jar with my weight.

The jar moved slowly but steadily, and soon I had flipped the jar.

BIG mistake.

The jar started rolling, and I had lost total control of it.

The jar was picking up speed and I was getting dizzy real fast.

Suddenly, the jar fell off the wooden platform and fell to the ground with a shatter.

Glass shards as big as cars flew past me as I tumbled away from the impact zone.

I touched my arm and noticed that I was bleeding, bad.

Suddenly, I heard a loud shuffle in the distance.

Something big was moving.

The giant being began to emerge from what looked like some sort of a low desk.

I quickly ran and took cover under some sort of giant building like structure.

It was very dusty and made me cough a little but for some reason I did not want that giant whatever-it-is to see me.

The giant creature seemed to walk away, and then suddenly I was blinded by a very shiny light.

That was when I realized what situation I was.

The giant was the same girl that was with me in the subway, and she seemed to have awakened from the noise. She was wearing only her bra and her underwear. What struck me the most however, was the fact that the situation meant that I had somehow shrunk, not actually mugged and left to die in the cold.

Her footsteps god louder as she came closer.

Boom.

‘Please don’t find me.’

Boom.

‘Oh god, please don’t find me.’

Suddenly she stopped and I peeked out of my hiding place to see what she was doing.

She knelt down next to the shattered remains of the jar that I was trapped in.

I looked up at her face.

Her face showed no emotion, and she seemed to be thinking how to react to this situation.

Suddenly, her eyes turned toward my direction and I quickly hid again in the darkness.

The structure I was hiding beneath seemed to be a bookshelf or something.

I slowly backed away from her without taking my eyes off her.

I moved away until what I thought was a safe distance and watched what she will do next.

She seemed to have stood up because I could not see her knees anymore.

She seemed to stand still for a moment.

Then, she knelt back down into my hiding place and took out her phone.

‘Shit,’ I thought. ‘She is going to use her flashlight to find me.’

I had to get out of there fast.

I looked around, not knowing what to do to hide from this girl who I knew nothing of.

Then, the light struck and I froze.

 

Chapter End Notes:

What will happen next? >:D