- Text Size +

From the top of the stairs and through the beige carpet fibers, Rob saw his mom's figure enter from behind the door. Her steps echoed ever so slightly as she stepped onto the wooden floor that cover the entrance and main floor hallways. The keys jingled as she took them out and swung the door door shut. She must have had a presentation today as she was wearing her form-fitting black suit. She typically wore a simple white-collared shirt underneath and today was no different. Going lower she had on her black knee-length skirt with small slits at the bottom on the sides. Going lower were her favorite (and lucky) size 7 black pumps from Gucci she got as a gift. Too bad that the pumps weren't lucky for Rob.

First thing she did was take off the pumps right there at the door with a heavy sigh. Must have been quite a day for her. Normally she wouldn't take them off right away as she loves heels. Rob was still in a complete state of shock at what was exactly going on, but he still managed to let out one little shout to his mom. He realized it was a long shot to begin with but when she didn't even have a reaction to his voice, he knew things would only get worse.

Linda set her pumps down as she took them off and then proceeded to pick them back up to carry them away. Her footfalls were softer and easier than when she had the heels on. Her bedroom was upstairs as well and Rob hadn't thought about that. He watched as her form and eyes shifted to the stairs in front of her and began to walk. He watched as her foot step onto the carpeted stairs landed with ease. Rob's eyes widened in horror as he realized what was happening. One quick step after another his mom climbed the stairs. He screamed the best he could but it was no use as she couldn't hear a thing. 

Her eyes came level with where is was but passed over his tiny form. She kept climbing and had no idea of the terror she was creating right in front of her to her son. Finally it was too late for Rob to do anything and he just fell back and watched as his Mom got closer tot he top. The steps got heavier and her form got bigger the more she moved towards him. His heart raced and dropped as he freaked out. He did luck out this time though as the foot he was in line with landed on the step before the top. He got an up-close view as her massive right barefoot landed to his left. Her left foot swung over top of him and he could see all the wrinkles, veins, little bits of dust/dirt, and the indent marks from her pumps on her skin as it passed over. He also caught a glimpse of her seafoam-green polish on those soft, round toes.

He took a long, deep breathe as he watched his mom casually walk away and down the hall to her room. He was still scared of the situation but was glad that that instant was over with. He could hear her fumbling around in the room just two doors down. He sat and thought of what to do while she was occupied with herself. He then heard her turn on the shower faucet in her private bathroom. She takes long showers after days like she must have had. So he knew he had time to get to her bedroom and hopefully think of a way to get her attention. He made it 1/4 of the way before he even heard her pull the curtain and get in. 

It was tiring to weed through the fibers but he was in good enough shape that he could make the distance without stopping and only being a little winded and needing just a short break. He was passed halfway when he first heard the thundering bloops of water going through her hair and being pulled out, landing in the tub all at once. This was good because she liked to just stand there for a bit and let the water relax her. Eventually her could tell she was finally cleaning herself and he was nearly there. Another 5minutes and he finally got to the open door. She was still showering so now he could rest while thinking of what to do next.

While sitting down and panting slightly, Rob heard his Mom turn off the shower. One step out of the tub was followed by another...