- Text Size +

Rob had just gotten home from his first semester away at college. He decided to go out of state which saddened his mom. She actually wasn't expecting him home for another few days. Rob had told her that the semester was 15weeks instead of 14 so that he could stay a few extra days then come home early to surprise her. Little did he know that he would be the one in for a surprise.

Rob's mom, Linda, was already away at work when he arrived. He stayed at a friend's the night before and got up early so he could properly unpack while she was gone. To make the surprise that much better, he decided to bring everything into the house and then park his car in a parking lot a block away. This way she would have no idea that he'd arrived until she entered the house.

After he'd gotten everything into his room and put away, nobody would be able to tell he was there. All his clothes were in the closet or in drawers while his shoes were hidden under his bed where he normally kept them. Having been gone for quite a while, Rob decided to just wander the house and see if anything had changed and to remember things from his high school days. And since he was home alone, he stripped down naked. Everybody does it and it is such a liberating feeling to have. He threw his clothes in his hamper and proceeded to walk around.

After a few minutes, Rob decided it was time to relax a bit. He made himself up some snacks and turned on the television. He sat there for a good hour or so watching a random history channel show about extinct civilizations. That was always his thing. He wasn't the tallest or strongest person, but a damn average guy. All of 5'8" and 150lbs of him. He was known for his smarts anyways. They guy that knew something about everything. His mom on the other hand was the opposite. She was the MILF of the neighborhood and his friends let him know it. She was one of the 5'4" 115lb cuties with a toned body from running and doing yoga all the time. Her wavy blond hair only enhanced her beauty.

After the show was over, Rob started to clean his mess in order to keep his surprise. He vacuumed up quickly because even he knew sandwiches can get a little messy. He wiped off the table and cleaned the plate before drying it and putting it back in the cupboard. As he did this, something caught his eye. He noticed the basement door was cracked. He only saw it because it was never open. His mom had this fear of him either falling down the stairs, or making it down and messing with stuff from her company.

As Rob was about to push the door closed, his brain stopped him. He'd never actually explored his basement before. He's seen a small portion of it having to get wine or something else for his mom from the pantry, but nothing else. He normally would have crept down the stairs, but being the only one home he went full-steam-ahead. When he got down there he saw his mom had added another door. It too was cracked open so he just let himself in. He couldn't believe his eyes. Everywhere he looked there were machines on tables and plans on the walls and manuals next to everything.

In the corner was a warning sign on the side of a machine. Since it was the only one with a warning attached, Rob was naturally drawn to it. When he looked at it, there didn't seem to be a whole lot to it. It seemed to mostly an internal machine, having all it's working stuff on the inside. There was a little control panel on the side however. Rob opened it up and inside were several nobs. None of them had markings, so next thing he did was look to the manual sitting nearby to see what they were.

On the cover page of the manual said "Experimental Shrinking Machine: Phase 2". Upon seeing that, Rob looked closer at the warning label to see that it said "Currently Not Reversible". That's what Phase 2 must mean, trying something different. After skimming through to find directions, Rob found the correct page he was looking for. The left nob had the time duration for it to take effect. The right nob had a shrink-to height. 
Often on the history channel, they had animals of sorts too. He always found ants to be fascinating, so he set the height down to the minimum, 1/8th of an inch. He wanted to see things from their perspective for a bit. He also set the timer to 3minutes. He didn't want to shrink instantly and be stuck there. This way he had 3minutes to change it back if he wanted. In his excitement over seeing the machine, he never once took in actual thought about the non-reversible warning. He read it, but didn't acknowledge it.

He pushed the start button and stood in front of it. The machine warmed up and shot a small laser to his chest. After a second or two, it shut off. This made Rob believe it wasn't working still. All he felt was a slight dizziness like he'd just gotten off a roller coaster. Just then he heard a car pulling in the driveway and knew he had lost track of time. He started sprinting upstairs, making sure everything was in the same place as before. As he got to the top of the basement stairs he heard the car door shut.

He knew he was going to cut it close, being naked and all. That's be too much of a surprise for her. As he got to the normal stairs, he heard another car door shut. She must have put a bag or something in the back. He sprinted up the stairs to get to his room and get changed in time. Just as he got to the top, he felt as though something punched him in the back. He blacked out for a second and before he knew it, he had no idea where he was. A quick look at his surroundings made it clear. The shrinking machine had kicked in. In his fear of being caught naked in the basement, he forgot about the laser. He knew he was in trouble being upstairs. In reality, he had no idea just how much trouble he was in for.

That's when he heard the lock switch over and saw his mom take a deafening step into the house...