- Text Size +


Council Park was a mutually agreed upon "neutral ground" for the goddesses of the realm to discuss matters beyond mortal kin. The city sized park had wide, marble walkways meant for giant and giantesses, with smaller walkways alongside for their attendants, worshipers and the mortals who'd come to pay tribute or see the wonder of the park itself.

Mortals were expected to be respectful and wary of any deities’ commands and motions and to show utmost respect to the grounds that were partitioned to each deity as if it were the deity themselves.

Flitting amongst the trees and fine crafted statues of the park area devoted to the Earth Goddess was a small; energy winged feline-like being.

Maki took in the area with a look of wonder normally expected to be on the face of a child, at a mortal's height the area was massive, splendid and awe inspiring, but to her current size, barely the size of a human male's hand it was amplified a hundred fold.

Her wonder turned to disappointment as she neared a picnic and tribute site and scattered across the area were discarded chip wrappers, empty pop cans, half smoked cigarettes and as she wrinkled her nose she was sure someone had relieved themselves nearby.

While the area was not of her concern, she simply hated sloppy people be they mortal or not and to leave something so wonderful and natural in a state of mess reserved for a landfill upset her.

Someone needed a lesson.

The offenders weren't hard to find, their loud music was currently sending a colorful flock of birds scattering elsewhere. Six of them, a mix of females and males. Only one of them, a young and somewhat mousy looking male seemed to be the only one trying to keep things clean and proper, amidst admonishing his comrades and getting jeers in return.

Maki landed a short distance away, knowing that her current, more playful height would do little in the way of terrifying them and shifted to a more noticeable height of five foot six inches, not exactly intimidating but enough to get her point across.

She daintily danced about the various pieces of refuse and winced as her bare foot smooshed against a discarded sandwich as she approached, arms crossed over her modest chest, and golden furred feline ears rested against her white mane of hair.

As she approached she was bumped into by the one lone member of the group who was actually trying to keep things clean, the mahogany toned man smiled and offered a simple hello.

Maki smiled and returned the greeting, "Um, your hands are a bit full there's a station back there that has a trashcan and maybe one of the attendants can get you a bag for you’re um friends Mister...?"

The man blinked and nodded, "Oh, my name's Milo and really? Thanks er I apologize about my friends er," he was cut off as she put a finger to his lips.

"No worries, I'll talk to them, maybe I can reason with them you scoot along now," she kept her cheery demeanor as he scooted off, a small whisper heard as she cast a spell, a simple maze spell should keep him busy while she dealt with his.....compatriots.


The other park goers looked at the off cat girl with smiles and casual waves,
"Heya you here to chill out too," A girl said as she sloshed an open beer can at the woman's direction.

"Oh no, I come here a lot and I heard the noise of you all carrying on and I got curious," she replied honestly as she paced about, looking the group over.

She sighed as a discarded potato chip bag crinkled under foot. "So rare to hear such loud partying here at this hour."

"Well why not hang out with us for a bit," another girl asked as she nodded towards the new comer, a male tossing her a soda from a cooler, which Maki caught and opened as she moved closer to the first girl.

"No thanks," Maki said with the same smile, eager to show these people the error of their ways.

"Damn, so you on your way to worship or something huh," one of the men asked as he relieved himself on a bed of purple roses.

"You could say that," Maki said as she flicked an ear and the woman next to her vanished, the woman suddenly finding herself inside a cola flavored ocean.

"You see, the petitioners work hard to keep the meeting place of the gods clean," Maki said quietly, allowing her first victims cries to be heard by her friends.

"Oh my, I should probably throw this can away," the cat girl said as she clenched her fist. The results were immediate, the flimsy can implode and its contents spilled out and were accompanied by a horrid crunch and small spurt of pulped meat, clothing and hair.

To say the park goers were shocked would be an understatement and Maki took great comfort in the shocked stares she was getting.

"What, we have to keep the place clean you know," she said as she washed her hands off at a water fountain.

"Something you people seem to forget," she added darkly and with another flick of her ears, the remaining men and women were blinded. As their vision cleared they were surrounded by building high soda cans, and empty potato chip bags that looked like the deepest cave in the land.

The ground began to rumble and a shadow hovered over one of the remaining 4, a short, red headed girl in a baby-doll t-shirt and high heeled sandals.

The trendy looking red head didn't have time to scream as a dust and grass stained sole came bearing down on her and slammed her into the ground with all the force of an out of control ox cart.

A spurt of blood spattered her friends and a wet, gurgling scream was barely heard before it was drowned out by a cacophony of crunching bone and the wet pop of organs as Maki' sole met the hard earth.

"Oh god, oh god," one of the remaining males shouted as he looked at his blood spattered person and tried to run.

He didn't get far as Maki's shapely toes spread as her foot rushed forward and then suddenly pinched the fleeing mortal between them and clenched. The remaining litterbug got to see his friend's skin turn a ruddy red as Maki slowly squeezed her toes around the body, her cyan painted toenails shimmering in the sunlight before the body between her toes collapsed in on itself and was reduced to a muddy, goes stain between them.

The last man ran for all he's worth, thinking his miniscule speed would be enough to escape the doom his fellows had met, he ran into the stone base of a nearby fountain, etched in the likeness of Vivian, goddess of Earth and was now trapped.

Maki's shadow loomed over him and her toes were scant inches away, her largest toe dwarfing his insect sized body.

"Maybe this will teach you some respect for the rules of the park," she said in an admonishing tone and waggled a finger before scooting her bloodied foot forward and pinning the last survivor against the stone.

She giggled at the sharp crack, feeling his ribs crack against her toes and hearing his labored breathing as he tried to plead for mercy.

She wiggled her toe a bit, listening to the pained squeaks she got out of the poor soul before scooting her toe up the man's miniscule form and letting him feel the print of her toe against his head as she slowly pressed it to the stone base.

With a wet crack it was over and the last naughty mortal was nothing but a smear of blood against the stone and her toe.

"Well poo," she sighed as she splashed water from the fountain on her feet and the fountain's bases, letting the blood soak into the earth.

"There, all cleaned up and as it should be," Maki said as her ethereal wings showed as she glimmered with pride.

Milo returned shortly afterward with a trash bag, but was a bit shocked to see Maki, a clean camp ground, no sight of his friends and a somewhat taller cat-woman with shock of vibrant pink hair that draped over her face.

"Oh you're still here," he scratched his head a bit and looked around.

"Your friends said they were going home, I tried to find you but couldn't so I just waited for you," Maki said cheerily as she and the taller neko walked up.

"Err yeah I got lost," he replied.

The somewhat taller woman walked up, "And Maki tells me you're responsible for keeping the area clean, as Goddess of Earth you have my thanks," the taller neko kissed the mortal on the forehead in thanks.

He promptly fainted.