- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Some things are just not what they seem.

Pedros is a wizzard, one who owns a liquore store. Pedros has been trying to think out a plan to get rid of younger thief, who happens to have a magical gift of being able to shrink things. The thief is unaware of Pedros power. Pedros, already knows what to do!


Joseph has been a police officer now for longer than he can remember.

2 days ago he had his birthday, and was now officially 60 years old. He stopped by the liquoer store to buy a bottle brandy, where he normally goes every Thursday after his work to buy a botte of brandy anyways. 


Joseph brought his gym bag with him. He went over to the shelf where the brandy was and picked out a bottle and went over to the cash register.


Pedros immediatly gave him a hug. “Happy Birthday Mr. Police man! Joseph is your name, right?“ Pedros said smiling


”How did you know...? Anyways my birthday was two days ago? And yes, my name is Joseph.“ Joseph responded in a surprised manner.


“Look Joseph, you've been a good customer at my store now for a few years now already and I know that you've mentioned it me once or twice. Other than that... I also know that you're gay too.

I've seen you at the CSD in Seattle last year. Don't you remember that we even had beer there together?“ Pedros said hoping that Joseph would remember.


“Well sorry. I kissed so many men last year that I probably forgot. Anyways I got tomorrow off and lately I've been drowning my sorrows in brandy.” Joseph said smiling as he started to blush.

He then placed the bottle of brandy on the counter, paid the 15 dollars picked up the gym bag, opened it up, put the bottle inside, and placed it back on the floor, without zipping it back-up.


“Well what did you wish for this year handsome?” Pedros asked


“It sounds a bit pathetic, but I would not mind being 10 years younger again.” Joseph said arbitarily blushing again.
“If I could give it to you would you go on a date with me?

Or give me a chance to get to know you better?

I know how it looks, I mean that I own a liquore store and everything, but I've had a crush on you now since the first time you walked in here. And believe me I am more than just a liquore store owner.” Pedros said.


“Why not? Sure. Even if you can't make me young. You making a pass at a 60 year old man like me makes me feel younger anyways. Thanks!” Joseph said feeling happy.


Thinking it had something to do with his uniform.


They then shot the shit for about 15 minutes until Joseph picked up his gym bag again seeing that he fogot to zip it up the rest of the way, placing it on the counter next to the cash register.


Pedros immediately grabbed the bag without asking looked inside and giggled.
“Everybody makes mistakes you know.” Pedros said with his face sticking inside the bag.


“What was so funny? Do you like stinky training shorts or something, or was it a mistake buying a bottle of brandy?” Joseph asked.


“No, no everything is going on like I planed thats all.

You can tell a lot about man who rolls his towels after he get out of the shower, you know. Just making sure that you did not forget anything that's all.

”Pedros said grinning. Knowing that something else was going on.


“Okay then, whatever. I'd love to invite you over. Do have some time tomorrow? Tonight?
Around 10p.m.? It could get hot if you know what I mean...” Joseph said smiling as he zipped up his bag the rest of the way, then gave Pedros a kiss, his telephone number, and addresse.


“Sure I'll be closing in a few hours and I cannot think of anything else that I'd rather do tonight, than see how a sexy man in uniform like you lives!

Hope you like your present I got you.” Pedros said with a diabolical grin on his face.
“Present? We'll get to that later.” Joseph said and headed out the door with his gym bag.
“I hope you believe in magic, Joseph” Pedros said right before the door shut.



Jose Casa was 13 years old as he found out that he was different then all the other kids.

His parents were normal functional american illiterates, with two jobs Mcdonalds and whatever else was available.

All they ever did was go to work and go to bed. Jose did not want to end up that way.
As Jose was 15 he found out that he was able to shrink things.

With 16 he moved out and made his money stealing and murdering. The victims of course were never ever to be found.

The last three victims where still in his frigerator wrapped up tight in plastic wrap.

Two of 'em were contracted to him by the mafia and the last one was his girlfriend who wanted to break up with him after finding out that he was a criminal. Jose usually disposes his cadavers in his mixer, then flushes it down the toilet.

Jose has fallen into a routine of stealing a bottle of whiskey once or twice a weeks from Pedros liquore store, unknowing that Pedros is a wizzard and ten times more powerful than he is.

Unknowing that Pedros already knows every thing about him, and all of his crimes and victims. Jose gets a thrill out of the fact whten the stupid old man sitting at the counter believes that he just wants a candy bar.

Well that is what Jose thinks anyway. Today things were going to change.

Jose walked into the liquore store with his t-shirt and jeans on and saw the old man at the counter, and smiled, and said hi.

Just like he always does.

The old man at the counter as usual just rolled his eyes, and sank back into the newspaper he was reading.
Jose then went to the back and picked out the most expensive bottle of whiskey he could find making sure the old man at the counter was still reading his newspaper, shrank it and put it in his pocket.

At the same time Pedros started to cast a spell.


Jose then went around the other side, as he always does, where the refrigerator shelves are.
This is where the beer and cola was kept cold, usually he would shrink a botte of pop too, but this time he felt an ice cold shock go through his body as he touched the glass door. Before he could count to two he was shrunk down to the size of a beer bottle.

Pedros after casting started to giggle.


Jose tried to make himself big again but his powers just did not seem to work any more.

At the same time, the front door opened and he could see a police officer come in. The door seemed miles away, but he could make out the giant that he saw coming was in an uniform, it was a police man.

Jose ran over next to refrigerator shelves where a few empty beer bottle were and hid himself ducking down behind them. He also could see that he was just about a big as a beer bottle. Jose had to think...
Jose remembered watching as he shrank a muscular skinhead once who had a pitbull dog, who threatened to beat him up and how his own dog then ate him, after Jose shrunk him.
Jose was scared and did not want to go outside or risk being killed or injured by any animal. He thought that if he could get into the gym bag, which was brought in by the police man, then he would be better off than getting caught by the liquore store owner. Jose could somehow feel that the old man sitting on the counter had something to do with his disposition. Shortly before he shrank he could hear the old man chanting. Jose had the notion that he might have bitten off more than he could chew this time. His options were limited just like his size was.
He carefully got closer to the gym bag, unable to make out what the two giants where talking about, but able to see how the cop had placed his gym bag on the floor with the zipper ontop still halfway opened.


Jose simpley crawled up in the bag and hid himself in the underneath a rolled-up halfway wet towel next to the bottle of brandy.


Jose could make out the smells of dirty underwear and shampoo from the wet towel. He then could feel how the bag was getting lifted up and placed on the counter. All at once he saw the huge face of the liquore store owner looking directly at him.


“Everybody makes mistakes you know...” is what Jose heard from the old man before he began to giggle. The huge nose, brown eyes, the huge smile, the crooked teeth and grey moustache.


Jose saw how the bag got zipped back up.

Jose did not know want to think. He was scared for the first time in his life. And had no way of getting out of the gym bag.

Jose understood what the definition of complacency was about.

At least the gym bag belonged to a police officer he thought.

Maybe everything would work out somehow. “Somehow” is what Jose wispered to himself before he fell asleep after managing to wiggle into one of the sneakers.

Chapter End Notes:

More to come.  I am more than happy to get some feedback.