- Text Size +

I was feeling a huge mix of emotions at the moment. Terror at my giant girlfriend, anxious over my fate and surprised she would use her magic like this. She always showed so much restraint. It was a while managed to blurt something out.

"What have you done to me!?"

"I just followed your rules and threw out those mangy old flats. Then I bought myself a new pair. Well I just bought one..." She smiled wickedly. I didn't like where this is going. "You turned out great by the way, have a look"

She grabbed a mirror of the coffee table and lowered it to me. In it, I could only see a small black ballet flat with a big bow over the toe section.

"Where I am I?" I asked in futility

"You're looking at yourself silly. You're my brand new ballet flat. I love how feminine you turned out. So cute and small and that little bow is just darling. Aww and you always thought yourself so macho" She laughed

"This isn't funny Abbey, you have to turn me back right now!" I ordered. Abbey stood up tall so she towered over me again

"Is this another one of your 'house rules' James. Look how well they've served you so far. I'm sick of you giving me grief over minor things, completely overlooking any flaw you have. You need to learn a lesson and this just seemed apt. Let me walk all over you for once"

"Please, I'm begging you! Change me back" I was desperate. Abbey reached down and picked me up as if I was nothing and held me in her giant hand. I felt so tiny and defenceless, and the lack of any movement was very unsettling

"Sorry James, not till you've truly learnt your lesson. You never know you might enjoy it! It's late now and I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning" With that she put me in the shopping bag she was carrying next to an identical looking shoe. She then turned and went up to bed.

I was petrified. Abbey had gone mad. She couldn't change me into her shoe, she just couldn't. And yet here I was lying in a shopping bag with just another shoe for company. What was worse was I couldn't seem to close my eyes. I couldn't even imagine this wasn't happening. Eventually I managed to cry myself to some sort of sleep.

The next morning began with a bang as Abbey excitedly opened the bag and grinned down at me, stunning me into consciousness.

"Good night?" She asked "Come on. I need to have a shower and get dressed" With that she picked me and my partner shoe up and dangled us by her fingers as she ran upstairs. i felt so precarious, terrified that she'd lose grip and I'd fall to my doom. When she got into the bedroom she placed me down on the bed carefully, so I could see the bathroom door

"Now you just wait here while I have a shower, then you get to see what it's like to be worn. Isn't that exciting?"

"Abbey please! I am so sorry, I should never have put those rules up, I was just frustrated. Please change me back"

"Oh James, I'd love to, but then what would I wear to work" She grinned and went into the bathroom. She was in the shower for a good twenty minutes, but it felt like no time at all. She then came out, draped in a towel. She looked at me and winked "Time to get dressed"

Thankfully, she got out a pair of pantyhose first. I would have hated to have been stuck under her bare feet all day. I was already looking for some sort of positive, but I was still terrified. Abbey utilised every agonising second as she slowly slipped on the hose, then put her skirt on. She then put on a bra and blouse. Then she reached down and grabbed the other shoe, gently placing it on her dainty foot.

"Enjoy that James?" She teased before glancing at me and feigning shock "Oh I'm sorry, you're the right one aren't you. You two look so similar" With that her huge hand clasped me and she pulled me up to her beautiful face. She blew me a kiss then the moment I had been dreading all night occurred

I desperately tried to move as she put me on the floor and lowered her hosed foot towards me. She then thrust the whole foot into me. Every sense was flaring. The smell, despite the shower was repellent, the taste wasn't much. As she put her weight onto me, it felt like any air I had left in my lungs was squeezed out of me. With the way my new form was, it felt as though I was hugging her foot close to my face. Nothing I could do could shake me off her foot. I could see only darkness as her foot encircled my field of vision.

"Comfy?" she teased

"This is awful" I cried

"Oh come on. You've only been on five seconds. Now let's go to work"

I could feel myself being thrust into the air with immense power. As I was up in the air I fell a little away from her foot, which filled the air around me with stagnant foot stink. Then I was thrust to the ground with great speed and once again it felt like my chest was being crushed. Every step was agony. It got worse when we left the carpeted house and went out onto the concrete outside. I felt Abbey stop, open the car door and get in.

"Good news James, you're on the gas pedal" She joked as she climbed into the car. I felt myself being lifted up then lowered. The car started and the pressure on me grew. I could feel myself being pressed against the pedal and compressed some more. The car journey just went on and on with Abbey pressing me down and easing me up all the time. Eventually, the car stopped and Abbey got out of the car, lifting me up and slamming me into the pavement. Another painful walk as Abbey went to her first class. I could here her try and drum calculus into some sophomores as she paced around the class room, leaning heavily on me from time to time. After a while, I saw her foot shift and could see light once again, temporarily blinding me. When my vision returned I saw the giant Abbey leaning over a student's desk as she helped him with his work. She must have taken me off then she leaned in. I desperately tried to make the most of the fresh air but the small clung to me. My reprieve didn't last long as she soon slipped her foot back down into me and I was back in hell.

I could feel Abbey wandering over to her desk and the pressure lifted as she sat down. I was moving again, but this time more gently. I could see again as I seemed to be hovering over the floor. Abbey was dangling me! Every now and then her foot would zoom into my view then back out again as she playfully swung me from her mighty toes. When the bell went at the end of class, she quickly swung me back onto her foot and stood up. I had almost forgotten how painful it was. The next class was much the same with Abbey wandering about the classroom, occasionally popping her heel allowing me to see the world around me.

At lunch, I felt Abbey leave the classroom and walk off somewhere different. The room she entered felt cold and hard. They were tiles, she was in the restroom! She entered a stall and took me off and held me up to her face

"So how're you liking it so far?" She asked, genuine curiosity in her face

"Awful. How could you do this to me? I'm in constant agony"

"You know you aren't feeling any real pain"

"What? Of course I am"

"No, it's just your mind compensating. It doesn't know how to respond to its new environment so it's making you feel sensations it can relate to. You don't have a head any more, you don't have arms, legs a chest or a stomach. You don't have eyes, a nose or a mouth. You just have a sole and a body. You just have to start thinking like a shoe and this whole this will be much better for you"

"Think like a shoe? I'm a man!"

"Not for the next week, you're not. You're just my cute little flat"

"A week!?" I cried, "I told you I was sorry!"

"A week is how long I think it'll take for the lesson to really sink in"

I was speechless, then a thought occurred to me "If I don't have eyes, a mouth or nerves or anything how come I can see and taste and feel?"

"That's the spell. It placed your sight in the heel of the shoe, you can taste everything on your sole, smell everything too, you can hear everything around you and you can feel your little shoe body cradling my foot too. The pain in the footfalls will go away once you stop thinking you're still a man."

"I AM STILL A MAN!" I screamed

"No you're a shoe. You're not even talking right now. I can just hear what you think you're saying"

"Bu-"

"because a talking shoe would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?" She said, pre-empting my question, she then glanced at her watch, "Anyway lunch is nearly over. Enjoy the rest of the day" And with that she threw me onto the ground and stuck her foot back into me. Even though she told me the pain I was feeling was an illusion, I was still in agony.

By the end of the day, I had sort of gotten used to the rhythm. The pain had become more numb the more Abbey walked on me. The taste and smell had become normal to me. I still didn't like her dangling me though, it made me feel very small and vulnerable. Abbey didn't have a class in her last period, so she went to the staff room, something I appreciated as it had a carpet.

"Cute shoes, Abbey" I heard another woman say "I thought you swore never to throw out your old ones though"

"They were falling to bits. Anyway, I took some advice and bought a new pair" I felt Abbey twist her foot into me to emphasise her point. She spent the rest of the period on the sofa chatting to her friend. I zoned out as she started twisting her feet while having the conversation. I felt my back- my sole bend backwards. It felt like my spine was about to snap, until I remembered I don't have a spine. I realised that shoes like me were designed to be flexible. The more I thought about it, the less painful it became. I didn't want to admit it, but Abbey was right, the less I thought of myself as a person, the more bearable this whole thing became.

At the end of the day, Abbey drove home, another lovely experience, and got home. She took me off and went upstairs

"I'm just going to get changed" She said, before cruelly adding "don't move!" laughing at her own joke she disappeared from my view. Something felt wrong. I felt... empty. Having her wear me all day had become sort of the norm and now she was gone, I just felt incomplete. She came back down the stairs wearing a large t-shirt, sports shorts and long socks, she then came and stood over me.

"I'm going to watch TV for a few hours. Do you want me to wear you?" She asked

"No" I lied, not wanting to concede anymore dignity, not that I had any anymore anyway. How much dignity can a shoe possibly have? "I don't want to go through that again"

"Okay, just sit out here, alone, stewing in your own stink"

"Oh okay then" I shouted "Just try not to play with me so, much it makes me feel-"

"like a shoe?" she offered "that's what you are, honey. Oh by the way, did you hear what Heather was saying to me?"

"Who's Heather?"

"You know, tall, red hair-"

"I could only see your foot all day"

"Oh I'm sorry. She's the one who complemented you. See, you are cute!"

"What did she say?" I asked, angrily trying to steer the conversation away from my new situation

"Well tomorrow, there's an event on at the high school, so parking is going to be a nightmare, So it looks like we're walking to work tomorrow."

"Walking!? You'll crush me to death!"

"Honey, we've been through this. You're a shoe not a man. You can't be crushed to death, heck, you can't die"

"I can't?"

"Who ever heard of a shoe dying? Honestly." She laughed then settled down to watch some TV, dangling and twisting me, almost in spite. After a few hours of being her foot's plaything, she got up and took me off.

"Well goodnight James. I hope you feel better tomorrow, otherwise this week is going to be terrible for you" She left and turned the light out. Once again I was left alone, with a new feeling of emptiness, surrounded Abbey's foot stink. I cried myself to something close to sleep again, wishing for this all to be over.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys enjoyed that. Thanks for all the kind reviews and I'll try and get Chapter 3 written up over the weekend