- Text Size +

Chapter three

 

At first Hillary thought Janine and Scarlett had arrived at the convention. Then she realized it was the actresses that played them.

“Janet Ball and Stacey Hamlin I presume?” Hillary asked the actresses.

 “We don’t know those girls. I’m Janine Shaw and my friend is Scarlett Knight.”

“Ok. I’ll play along. I always wanted to meet a Drenic. And you Janine are my favorite Drenic.”

“What! You pick my best friend over me.” Stacey protested.

“I like you Scarlett. But Janine is still my favorite.”

“Thanks for your flattery. But you should be nicer to my friend.”

 

Suddenly a voice came from the heavens and said.

“Do my ears deceive me? Or do I hear the voices of Janice and Scarlett?”

“Who said that?” Janet asked.

“Look up.” Hillary said.

The actresses looked up and gasped.

“Hello actresses. My name is Victoria. I’m one the GATC fan convention hosts. Where are the other actresses?”

“They are busy, but they said they may show up later.” Janet replied.

Stacey meanwhile was looking around and not liking what she was seeing.

“Where are we?” Stacey asked.

“You’re in the palm of my hand.” Victoria replied.

“This can’t be happening. It’s got to be a nightmare.” Stacey muttered.

“It’s no nightmare. It’s really happening.” Hillary told Stacey.

 

While Hillary was talking, Allison came over.

“Hello. I’m Allison. I’m one of the hosts of this convention.”

“Are all the hosts GTS-goddesses?” Janet asked.

“Yes. I see you have already met Victoria. Besides myself the other host is Trish. She is as small as you.”

“Hey. I’m 3000 feet tall. That’s not small.” Trish said as she arrived on the scene.

“It is compared to my 30, 000 feet.” Allison replied.

“And my 312.5 miles of height.” Victoria added.

 

“Here I thought Deians would tower over everyone at the convention.” Stacey grumbled.

 “You’re still taller than most people at the convention.” Trish pointed out.

“Speaking of the convention we need to tell people that the “How GATC changed my life” will be starting in about half hour.” Allison said.

“OMG! I forgot about the tiny hotel.” Janet cried out.

“Tiny hotel?” Hillary asked.

“That’s what I call it. It’s a building that I carry on my shoulder. It’s filled with the winners of the contest. You know the one where the winners get to go to the GATC fan convention with me. If you’ll pardon me a moment I’ll check to see how they’re doing.”

Hillary took a closer look and sure enough there was a rectangle shaped object on Janet’s shoulder.  Hillary wondered why anyone would agree to act as traveling hotel, even for a short period of time.

 

“It’s time for “How GATC changed your life” since I’m the host of this convention I feel that I should go first. It may be hard to believe but I was once a normal sized human girl.”

Sounds of laughter then filled the air. It was hard to believe. Victoria waited for the laughter to die down before continuing.

“But back in December of 2012 my friends and I came across the Wishbone restaurant. For some reason I can’t remember Trish wished that she was as large as a Drenic. Then Allison wished that she was so large that the Drenics would be like dolls to her. To top them both I then wished that I was as large to the Drenics as the Drenics were to humans.

Fortunately for us while we didn’t wish for it we got turned into GTS-goddesses. Sadly the other people on our world we not so lucky. I regret to say that most of them got wiped out in the early days of our goddess hood.”

“In a very indirect way GATC caused the destruction of our world.” Allison added.

 

“We told our stories. Who wants to go next?”

“We do.” Three giantesses stepped forward. One was a 3189 foot tall brunette, another was a 3100 foot blond while the last one was a 3041 foot redhead.

“Greetings I am Dorothy Blackburn.” The brunette said.

“Amber Andrews is my name.” The blond said.

“Call me Molly O’Neil.” The redhead said.

“Together we are known as the bad apple gang. “

“We were normal girls until we came across the Wishbone restaurant. We wished we were as large as the Drenics in the GATC comic. We also wished to become indestructible goddesses and to be shrink proof.  It was fun. We would still be ruling earth four today if it wasn’t for those two.”

Dorothy then pointed to Sam and Sara.

“Why the GTS goddess council turned them into GTS-goddesses I’ll never understand.” She added.

“What the bad apple girls aren’t telling you is that they are evil. To stop them we came up with the idea to make our world Drenic sized. Fortunately we came across the Wishbone restaurant.” Sam explained.

“It seemed the best way to stop them at the time.” Sara added.

“One thing is clear. If GATC never existed, my world would still be a normal sized world. Instead it is a world 550 times normal size and is now known as Drene earth DE for short.” Sam said.

“I find it amazing how much impact GATC has had.” Hillary commented.

“Indeed. GTAC has changed the fate of billions.” Trish commented.

 

“I’m interested in hearing the actress’s tales. “ Victoria commented.

“Very well. My name is Stacey Hamlin. I play Scarlett Knight. I got the role after winning a Scarlett Knight lookalike contest and proving I can act. Thanks to Sam and Sara I’m the same height as Scarlett. I like to think if the real Scarlett ever came to the wishbone universe she would be mistaken for me. God knows I have run into many people who thought I was Scarlett.”

“My name is Janet. There are times I’m not sure it’s a blessing or a curse being a Janine Shaw lookalike. I did win the Janine Shaw lookalike contest. And I can act. True the Drenics have lots of fans but they have enemies as well.”

 

To be continued

 

Author note: Who are the enemies of the Drenics in the wishbone universe? You have to wait for the next installment to find out. Considering how busy RL is, it could be a wait.

Bit disappointed that I only got one comment. I might wrap this story up in the next installment.