- Text Size +
Story Notes:

INCOMING FEELS AND SUCH

YOU WANT DESCRIPTION OF THE SETTING?

Author's Chapter Notes:

Put this away from my others because it isn't as good. PREPARE FOR LESS SETTING, MORE FEELS.

Omnipotence isn't all it's cracked up to be.


Yeah, just for a minute, try to ignore my size. I know it's pretty tough, especially considering that I'm minutes away from leveling the city, but one of you specks down there has to be a good listener. Always one or two fags who jack off a bit before I kill them; so I bet somebody there would just be DYING to have a chat with me.


Okay, don't bother trying to talk back. I can't hear. Big ears, y'know? Strange how sound works. I can't even really see you down there. Is that two people? Three? A big crowd? No matter how close I lean in, you all just kinda blend together. Meh, don't take it personally; it's what tiny, faceless victims are best for. Being faceless. I've got omnipotence, but not omniscience... Jeez, if I knew everything, I'd just shrink myself back to normal and pretend nothing ever happened decades ago.


How did I get so big, towering over the skyscrapers and stuff? Why are you in my shadow right now? That's what most people used to ask. I have no idea. It's not like I have amnesia or something; I just sorta... forgot. Something about a mad scientist sounds right; or maybe an innocent girl who bought a magical talisman. I think there was something about a miracle pill that would make you taller. But then again, something seems to ring with me about a little idiotic girl in her bedroom wishing to be big so that nobody could hold her down anymore. Once you get big, there isn't really much going back, so it doesn't matter how you got there, did it? I stopped caring pretty quickly.


So, I'm wondering- shoes, socks, or barefoot? It really doesn't feel any different after the first times. No matter what people say about tinies' blood feeling warm under your feet, people overestimate how sensitive girls' feet really are. I loved my first few squishes, then it was one after another. You all squish the same.
I think there might've been something about a priviledge-checking feminist in my past. No, wait, I'm pretty sure I was fairly sweet most of the time. I had a boyfriend, I'm thinking; something about this guy with a babyish face and blonde hair. or maybe I just looked at him from afar, and when I first grew huge, I prayed to protect him from everything I did, and either hide from him or find some way to make him like me. I forget when I stomped him, too, or why. Maybe he was just a video game character. If memory serves, the night before I grew huge, I marathoned Death Note; and I kept on mentioning being justice and making the world better when I stepped on people, until I stopped because nobody really got it. And I bet I was a boy before I got huge.


Just kidding. There's no way that could've happened. Trying to play with your mind. Yeah, I know, a big monster like me couldn't possibly comprehend little pea-brains like yours. And y'know what? Maybe voring your city down would be a bit nicer. Except that asphalt tastes like crap. Still, bits of the land, digesting in my stomach...


Well, I wanted to make people care about me, or something. And it worked. Now they scream from me like I'm a monster. And I am. I've completely lost everything about who I was before; I just started killing things.


I think I might've been nice to the tinies a bit, before. That might be nice to try, for a change. You sorta look like a blurrier, speckier version of a guy I crushed a while back. He was cute. Maybe we'll just hug a bit, and I'll let you go over my massive body. Like, into my cave of a vagina, and stuff. Go digging for treasure.
I bet THAT came as a surprise! Heh, I didn't mean it. You know I can't do anything but kill people anymore. You won't let me, you all think I'm a scary- no, no, that's the thinking that got me omnipotent in the first place. I won't let myself. All my other senses are numbed off. No matter what they say, the more specks you snuff away, the more they seem like... Specks. The only way you can really remember you're human is by shocking yourself over and over again, pushing yourself to more depraved things, expanding your boundaries until you find something that'll impress you for a few millenia. And then back to boredom.
Hm, I'm surprised I can't come up with anything. Little people- into breast crush? Butt crush?... *sigh* I'm talking to ants again. No, running around like maniacs doesn't help, idiots. I haven't even done anything, and you've killed more people than I have today. You know what? Butt crush sounds nice. I don't pay enough attention to my butt.


Urgh, that's what I hate about myself. There are so many possibilities... I could use a city as an insole. I could drool a new river, terraform a land on my body. I could just shrink people down, and keep them around me while others don't know. I could build an empire under my name to conquer the stars. I could destroy and rebuild this city a hundred times, in a hundred different ways, and have twelve thousand orgasms, and it'd still be missing something.
And the saddest thing is, I know what's missing. It's you. There's something really amazing about crushing an insect with your bare foot- this small part of your body has the power to decide whether something dies or not. And no matter what size I am, you're just not insects anymore. You see this dirt, all over my foot? Yeah. You. Every scream is the same, whether it's from the mouth or the vagina. Everyone looks the same, even if they're at eye level; I just see their bodies already. Every murder just ends with a body going splat. When I try to be nice, it just ends with something resting in my boobs for the night while I die of boredom. That's not really a choice. And at the end of the day, every city comes back the same way, and I can't do anything. 


That's what it is. You've stopped being interesting. I used to hate you, and wanted to outgrow you, find some control for myself. Then I was nice for a bit, trying to be a harsh but benevolent goddess. Then I tried to stop people from hating me, and acted a bit nicer. I learned that I liked to squish things, so I murdered everything. And it was fun, until I looked at myself. I won't lie; I cried for a bit. Then I just kept on going, because dead people reminded me of what little humanity I had left.
But I just don't really give a fuck anymore. Growth, shrink, it's the same. Scared Roman soldiers facing a sea monster, a cute girl rampaging through Tokyo. Everything ends up the same. Everything. If someone told me how boring immortality and omnipotence were, I would've stopped a long time ago.
So, you. I've made my decision, little city. Hit me with your best shot. Show me you have some fight left. I'm not asking you to kill me, I'm asking you to be some challenge. Take some girl, make her huge, we'll fight together or maybe just kill everything. Have someone come up with a plan to stop me. I don't want to die. But I want to stop being omnipotent. I need a reason to bring your cities back next time. I want something to think about besides crushing you. I need to remember that you exist, and that I just like to interact with you. A story can't exist with only one character. So, toss something. A nuke. Develop some new bio-weapon. I'll just sit and watch, right here. Hope you don't mind my ass over this mountain.


Once you become interesting again, let me know, please.

Chapter End Notes:

Inspired by Ochiko Terada's recent game, I wanted to try for a plot that had an apathetic giantess. Something bordering "unaware" and "violent" to create "aware, but not really caring whether or not the little guys live or die." To me, that convinces me of a little guy's insignificance more that WORSHIP MAH FEETS and such. Instead, I got a girl moaning about how much she hates being big, and probably somehow incorporated Dark Narue in there. No, actually, I just moaned about personal problems through the mouth of a big girl, on a disembodied parralel dimension of floating dialogue. Maybe she's just hallucinating the whole thing, and thinks she's big when she isn't. Maybe she's emo, or a crybaby, and would be a lit happier if she just squished a bit more, or had a friend to play hide-and-stomp with, or gave gentle more of a chance. Picture her however you want. 

 

(Thanks to FleetingMoment for the comment. Paragraphing improved slightly. Will make pace better in future chapters.)

Death Note is the property of Tsugumi Ohba and Shueisha.