- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The original characters and plot are the property of the author.           The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.   No copyright infringement is intended.


Sandra Jacobs slammed her office door with a sigh before retreating to her desk. For the third time that month, she had just had to lead an assembly urging the girls at her thriving all girls school to stay well away from the hooligans and thugs at the school next door. Notoriously nicknamed ‘Jock High’ due to its almost 100% population of arrogant, pompous young men, the boys’ school next door was more like a borstal than a centre of education. The teachers were just as bad as the pupils as well. It seemed the only qualification you needed to enter was a grade A in being a complete jerk. Ever since it had opened 5 years ago, it had resulted in non-stop trouble for its more reserved and placid neighbour.

Now those changes were starting to show. Grades were slipping, the girls’ confidence was falling and at the latest inspection, the school had slipped from ‘Outstanding’ to ‘Satisfactory’ (much to the delight of the opposing school). Jock High was slowly ruining everything Mrs Jacobs had worked so hard for. Mrs Jacobs wanted nothing more than for it to be wiped off the face of the earth.

But this wasn’t just a desire for the school to be shut down and the pupils be moved on. Mrs Jacobs wanted cold-hearted revenge. For she wasn’t all the sweetness and light that the school’s image portrayed. For years she had been tormented by the hideous young men of that school and the sadistic side to her wanted to make every last young man in that building suffer. Obviously she knew that wasn’t possible.

That was, of course, until several weeks later...

A stressed out Mrs Jacobs had had yet another day from hell and it was going to be topped off by an impromptu meeting with her scatty Head of Chemistry teacher, Miss Barnes. Mrs Jacobs had hired her more out ofpity than anything. She had a brilliant mind but definitely was not all there. However, the head teacher was soon to find that the eccentric woman’s appointment was the best thing to ever happen to the school.

‘You’ll never believe what’s happened!’ Miss Barnes excitedly squealed, pushing up her large spectacles as she took a seat in Miss Jacob’s office.

‘Enlighten me,’ Mrs Jacobs dryly answered.

‘It’s a scientific miracle!’ exclaimed Miss Barnes. ‘You know I’ve been experimenting with various gases and chemicals over the past few months... well, just by chance, I do believe I’ve created a gas which, when it reacts with the human body, can reverse growth! I mean, obviously I’m not certain. It’s not been tested...’

Mrs Jacobs’ ears pricked up and she leaned forward, her eyes dazzling all of a sudden.

‘You mean, it could shrink people?’ she asked.  

Miss Barnes nodded vigorously. ‘This could revolutionise science! I’m going to phone the museum-‘  

‘Well let’s not be too hasty,’ Mrs Jacobs calmly said, now deep in thought. ‘You don’t want to be selling a thing like this on before you’ve used it for your own personal gain.’

‘I don’t understand,’ Miss Barnes said.  

‘How much of this gas have you got?’  

 ‘A fair amount. I’ve been experimenting with large quantities.’ Miss Barnes paused. ‘Why?’

‘You hate the infamous ‘Jock High’ as much as I do,’ responded Mrs Jacobs. ‘This could be our perfect opportunity to wipe them out for good.’

‘You want to shrink them down?’ Miss Barnes, rather naively asked. ‘How will that get rid of them?’

‘It’s not the shrinking that will get rid of them,’ Mrs Jacobs said with wry smile. ‘It’s what we do with them after they’ve shrunk. I think our girls could do with a lesson in how to clear out vermin, don’t you?’  

 ‘But won’t we get into trouble?’ Miss Barnes nervously asked.

‘Not if we get rid of the evidence. Who’s really going to believe we shrunk a load of teenage boys and then obliterated them all?’

Miss Barnes wasn’t sure. She had spent a long time developing that gas. However, the more Mrs Jacobs spoke about the girls’ safety and education and how Jock High was putting that at risk, the somewhat gullible Miss Barnes began to see her point of view. The promise of an excessive pay rise helped too.

‘Now, you said you’d never tested this gas?’ Mrs Jacobs asked, leaning back in her chair again.

‘That’s right.’

Mrs Jacobs glanced at her watch. ‘Well... we better put that right then.’


*  

 ‘Jock High’ pupil Charlie was in a foul mood. Football practice had ended half an hour ago but he was still at the school, having been put on tidying up duty as detention for not scoring enough goals. He considered it a complete joke but knew complaining would have resulted in mockery from his teammates.

After a half-hearted attempt at clearing up, he headed home in his football kit. Still frustrated, he decided to take his anger out on the sissy school next door, picking up a brick and launching it through one of the front windows before smugly smiling. His smirk soon faded when he spun around to see the uptight headmistress standing right behind him.

‘That wasn’t a very bright idea, was it?’ she said.

‘What you gonna do?’ Charlie laughed. ‘Put me in
detention?’

The woman began leading him into the school. ‘I’m sure we’ll
find a suitable punishment.’

Irritated, Charlie went inside. After all, if he didn’t she might phone the police and he couldn’t afford to have them on his back again. He figured he’d just get a stern talking to and then go home. He walked through the corridors and laughed at all the displays and certificates that lined the walls, remarking that they never did any of that rubbish at his school.

His cockiness turned to confusion when they entered the toilets.

‘What’s going on?’ he asked, but he suddenly let out a muffled cry as he felt a cloth go over his mouth and nose. He could feel some sort of steam flying up his nostrils. Everything went black...

*

‘My, my!’ Mrs Jacobs explained, looking at the boy. ‘That is unfortunate.’

She recognised the boy as Charlie Wakem, a thuggish young man often in trouble with the police. He was the perfect choice. Now, though, Charlie stood on the bathroom floor at little over 1 inch tall.

‘I didn’t expect it to have that much of an effect!’ Miss Barnes said.

‘It’s perfect!’ Mrs Jacobs delightedly exclaimed. She quickly ushered her colleague out so she could deal with the little toerag herself. As she did, Charlie came round. He let out a horrified yelp when he saw how gigantic Mrs Jacobs now was.

‘What have you done to me?!’ he screamed.

‘You’ve been shrunk, my dear,’ explained Mrs Jacobs. ‘To just over an inch tall. And soon all your classmates and teachers will be going the same way!’

‘You can’t do this to me!’ Charlie yelled. ‘Change me back!’

Mrs Jacobs picked him up his head using just her fingernails, remarking that she could crush his tiny skull with her fingers if she wanted to. That soon shut Charlie up... for a second or two.

‘You evil little bitch!’ he spat at her, pushing the woman over the edge. Grabbing the little jerk, she popped him in the sink before turning on the hot tap. Soon the basin was filling with incredibly hot water and Charlie screeched and screamed as his whole body was covered in it.

‘You take that back,’ Mrs Jacobs sternly said.

‘OK, OK! I take it back!’ Charlie wailed. With a smile, she pulled the soaked twerp out.

‘What are you going to do to me?’ the nervous teen asked, breathing heavily.

‘They really don’t teach you anything over there, do they?’ Mrs Jacobs said. ‘Did you not think it odd... that I brought you to the bathroom?’

She glanced over at the toilet cubicle and Charlie let out a howl of horror. Ignoring this she whisked him over before dropping him with a plop in the toilet. He desperately tried to clamber out but slipped and slid every time he did.

‘And I’ve been dying for a wee all day!’ Mrs Jacobs maliciously declared. Charlie begged and screamed as she took a seat on the toilet and soon her urine fired out. She had perfect accuracy, the urine engulfed Charlie completely. The stuff burned like mad and he was writhing about in the water. Finally, she stopped and stood up, looking down at the crying juvenile.

‘I hope you’ve learnt your lesson,’ she said, speaking in her best teacher’s voice.

‘Will you let me out now?!’ he cried, but Mrs Jacobs shook her head.

‘But... if it’s any consolation, all of your friends will be joining you tomorrow!’

With a sickly smile, she flushed the toilet and watched as the screaming youth was flushed away, never to be seen again. Satisfied, she made her way back into the corridor where Miss Barnes was waiting for her.

‘Better go home and get some rest, Miss Barnes,’ Mrs Jacobs said, unable to contain the glee in her voice. ‘Big day tomorrow!’

NEXT TIME: Jock High gets shrunk!