- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Imprisoned yet again!
Fleeting Love: Chapter 7

" What do you mean you don't know where he is?! " Alexis yelled.

" Exactly what I said. He's completely disappeared. I can't even locate him. There are very few ways that could happen. Also, you would be wise not to yell at me. " Aphrodite replied.

The two were in Alexis' room. Alexis sat Indian style on the bed, Aphrodite leaned against the wall with her arms folded on her chest. Earlier that morning, Alexis had woken up to find Jon gone. He wasn't on the balcony or in the bathroom. The only sign he had even been in the room was his shorts, boxers, and shoes in a heap at the foot of the bed. Alexis called for Aphrodite, who quickly appeared.

She assumed Aphrodite had made Jon start work, but the goddess said she hadn't done anything with him. After that Aphrodite lapsed into silence with a determined look on her face, then paled. She proclaimed that she didn't know where Jon was.

" Sorry, I'm just worried about him. What are these ways? "

" More than likely another god has taken him to spite me. As the goddess of love I have many enemies. "

" Another god? "

" Yes. Did you think I was the only Greek god still around? Hmmm... I have to go to Olympus. Call a meeting of the gods. Do not worry, Alexis. I will find our Jon and have him returned safely. "

With that, the goddess disappeared in the blink of an eye. Alexis' vision became blurred by tears. " Please be okay, Jon. " she said putting a hand over her eyes.

__________________________________________________________

The ride to Phoebe's cabin was very long. After he was taken out of the temple, two soldiers were chosen to escort Jon and the huntress. A horse drawn wagon was brought for them to use. The soldiers took the front seat and the reins. Phoebe climbed into the back and set Jon on the wooden bench next to her. The wagon was bumpy and the bench incredibly rough on his bare legs.

As they rode back through the city, Jon could hear amazons talking about him.

" What is going on? "

" Why is that man so small? "

" Where are they taking him? "

Jon remained quiet, deep in thought. Of all the islands for him to end up on, he washes ashore the Isle of Amazons. That couldn't be a coincidence. The obvious choice was Athena had done it. It was clear Aphrodite wasn't welcome on this island and it didn't make sense for her to put him here. No, it had to be Athena. The question was why? Why did she want him here? She could want information on Aphrodite, but Jon didn't know shit about her. He would have to ask Athena when he saw her.

Jon was fairly surprised to learn about the other Greek gods. The thought had crossed his mind, but never lasted long with Aphrodite's constant games. If Aphrodite was real, all the others must be real too. With gods like Hades and Ares he was almost glad Aphrodite found him. Her tricks and games were hard to forget however.

After awhile, the sounds of the city faded away. They were replaced with the rattle of the wagon and insects buzzing. Jon decided to try his luck once more. " Phoebe, please I'm telling the truth. This is all a big misunderstanding. I haven't done anything. "

" The queen has already spoken. You are our prisoner. Now be quiet. " she said monotone.

The rest of the ride went without any talking. Eventually, they had to leave the trail and go into the jungle. Phoebe's cabin was deep inside so there were no paths to it. Jon was placed back on Phoebe's shoulder for the hike. Sometime later, Phoebe suddenly spoke up. " Here it is. Will you two remember how to get here? "

" Yes, sister. Do you want any help locking up the prisoner? "

" No, I can handle him. "

" We shall return when the goddess arrives. " The two soldiers footsteps slowly disappeared.

Phoebe stomped up what felt and heard like wooden steps. Something soft swept over him. Jon was set on a rough wooden surface and the blindfold was removed. Phoebe's cabin was one large room made entirely of wood. There was a bedroll laid out in the far corner with a roughly sewn red blanket thrown over it. Three oil lanterns were nailed to the walls throughout the room. A large cloth was hung in an uneven doorway. A basket full of animal furs and cloths sat near the doorway. Folded up cloth, assorted baskets, and various ropes were in the corner nearest the door. Finally, the birdcage Phoebe had talked about stood in the corner of the wall he was leaning on.

The amazon stood in front of him, gazing down at him with interest in her eyes. Jon's eyes wondered to his dirty feet. A rope with two round stones was tied around his ankles. " Holy shit! Is that a bolas? "

" Yes, it is. " Phoebe answered crouching down.

She pulled a small knife out of her boot and cut the rope of the bolas, freeing his legs. The rope around his wrists was also cut. Jon rubbed at them and his ankles.

" Stand up. " the amazon said rising to her full height.

Jon did as she asked. Phoebe walked over to the cage and undid the lock. She came back to Jon, put her hands under his arm pits, and hoisted him up.

" Whoa! Whoa! Come on! Please, don't put me in there! Why would I run? I'd die out there by myself. "

Jon was shoved into the cage. The lock was clamped back into place. The cage was too small for him to stand up, so he had to bring his knees up to his chest and sit. If he moved too fast, the cage swayed uneasily.

" This thing is way too small for me. Isn't there a better option? "

" No. I do not know what you are capable of. You could be a trained assassin or worse. This is your home until the goddess returns. "

" You've got to be kidding me. If I could do anything, don't you think I would have by now? "

Phoebe walked over to the bedroll and dropped her bag on the floor next to it. She leaned her bow and quiver on the wall. " I'm going to cook us some dinner. Do not try anything funny. "

The amazon brushed the cloth out of her way as she left the cabin. Jon sighed at his own misfortune. His eyes went to the cages lock. There was a large rusty padlock hooked over the latch. Jon didn't much care, he had no plans of escaping. He wasn't lying earlier, he truly didn't like his chances alone in the jungle.

After all, he was only two feet tall and his survival knowledge was slim to none. Besides even if he could escape, the amazon didn't seem to have any qualms about killing him. No, Jon would wait and get some answers from Athena. He had to know why he'd been brought here. He wished his cell was just a bit more comfortable.

Sometime later, Phoebe returned with some cooked meat stabbed on a knife. As she walked through the doorway, he saw it was dark outside. The huntress walked up to the cage and held up the knife.

" Take it. "

Jon hesitated, looking at the knife suspiciously.

" If I was going to hurt you I would have already. I do not know how long you are going to be out here. If you do not eat, you might die of starvation. The queen would not be pleased. "

Jon still didn't move.

" I could always force-feed you. "

Carefully, he reached out and took the meat. Without eating any food all day, he was quite hungry and quickly ate it.

" That is all I can spare for now. You are a prisoner after all. "

Phoebe walked to her bed and kicked off her boots. Jon couldn't help but take a look. Not surprisingly, her feet were the largest he'd ever seen. He couldn't venture a guess what size they would be. Phoebe's feet were long and slender. The second toe was longer than her big toe. He was surprised to see her feet were relatively clean and her toenails trim. Jon's member began to stir at the sight of them.

" I hope you did not try to contact Aphrodite again. Her magic cannot touch this island. Nor can any other gods. Neither can they set foot here without the goddesses permission. Except of course for Zeus and Poseidon. "

" Well, you don't need to worry. I didn't try and don't plan to. "

" You are smarter than any other man I have met. "

" I suppose I'll take that as a compliment. "

The amazon suddenly started to undress, not even caring about Jon. He turned his head, but stole glances out of the corner of his eye. When she was completely nude, she went around the room and blew out the lamps.

" Try to get some sleep. " Phoebe said laying down on the bedroll.

" Isn't it kinda early for bed? "

" You do not have to go to sleep. I am though. Good night. "

" Doubt I'll be able to in this thing. "

Phoebe didn't reply. Jon sighed and adjusted himself so he was remotely comfortable. It took some time, but eventually sleep found him...

__________________________________________________________

Jon's eyes slowly blinked open. A gigantic brown wood entertainment center with an old TV was in front of him. Below him was an expanse of polished wood. Something soft was pressed up against his back. His feet were dangling in open air.

When he tried to move his arms, he found them held at his sides. A sticky substance clung to the hair on his arms. Jon looked down to see a large white piece of tape across his midsection. He noticed a familiar scent filling his nostrils.

" No... " he thought, a chill creeping through him.

To his left and right was a wrinkled, caramel colored surface. Up above him, five monstrous toes loomed over him.

" Nooooo!! " Jon screamed.

" Ah! Sounds like someone's awake! " Ingrid said happily.

She twisted her foot so her sole was facing her. " Hello, Jonathan. "

" Let me go! I won this game already! "

" Oh, the game is just starting. We're gonna spend a long time together. " With that, Ingrid drove her foot into the floor. Jon felt agonizing pain and blacked out.

__________________________________________________________

Jon's imprisonment with Phoebe was nothing compared to his time with Ingrid. For the most part, Phoebe acted like he wasn't even there. Every now and again they would talk for a short time, then it was back to silence. He didn't really count when he asked her for something. Even though she was his jailer, Phoebe wasn't mean to him without reason. He was careful to never give her a reason.

Every night, nightmares of Ingrid haunted him. She tortured him in many different ways. If it continued much longer, he worried for his mental health. In the morning, the huntress would feed him and leave him a leather flask full of water while she went hunting. She'd only be gone a few hours.

When nature called, Phoebe would tie up his hands with a long rope and hold one end while he went into the bushes and did his business. Not very sanitary, but he couldn't be picky. Jon had also gotten many bug bites in his time on the island. After two days of not washing himself in the humid jungle, he began to smell awfully bad. Phoebe took him to a nearby river to clean off.

This time she tied the rope around his waist so he could wash effectively. All the time he cleaned off, the amazon sat on the river bank with a small smile on her face. Afterwards, Phoebe wouldn't return Jon's shirt. She said it was a ragged, foul mess and she would find something better without Aphrodite's symbol.

The next day she gave him a shirt that was still big, but not as bad, and leather boots that were much too large. They were better than nothing however. To be honest, his situation wasn't nearly as bad as he originally thought.

__________________________________________________________

One night, four days after his capture, Phoebe came back from hunting very mad.

" Catch anything good? " Jon asked from his cage.

" No. " she growled limping over to her bedroll.

She threw down her bag and her bow roughly. He automatically knew something was wrong. Phoebe's bow was her most prized possession, she had carved it herself. She always took great care of it.

" Whoa. What's wrong? "

Phoebe flopped down on her bedroll and started tugging off her boots. " I was hunting a deer for the better part of the day. When I finally had the kill shot, something snapped a twig and it got spooked. It ran away and I chased after it. I was so focused on following it, I didn't see a hole in the ground. I think I might have sprained my ankle. The deer got away and both my feet hurt terribly. " she said rubbing at her foot.

Jon's member hardened as she spoke. " I-I can help with that. " he said trying to keep the excitement out of his voice.

" I cannot ask you to do that. You are my prisoner. "

" Come on. I think I've earned the right to get out of the cage. And I wouldn't leave you here alone hurt. It's the least I can do for all you've done for me. "

Phoebe thought it over for a few moments. " Fine. If you try to run, I will hunt you down like a dog. I do not care if I am injured. "

" I promise I won't try anything. I just want to help. "

Shakily, Phoebe stood up and moved towards the cage.

" Yes! This just got ten times better! " Jon thought happily.