- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Holidays everyone! Thanks for being patient with me about the wait between chapters. Now that I'm on break I can probably pump out a couple pretty quick. So, please enjoy and leave a review!
Fleeting Love: Chapter 17

Jon's eyes opened to a white ceiling high above him. A fan spun slowly making a little air flow. Jumping to his feet, he realized he was standing on the pillow of a gigantic bed.

" Going straight to the shrinking, huh? Alright then. "

He looked down to see he was wearing a toga. One side of his mouth quirked up in a smile.

" It's been awhile since I wore one of these. Takes me back to simpler times... Alright. Let's see what we've got here. " he said hopping off the pillow.

The room didn't seem familiar to Jon. Although, he had been in a lot of rooms over the last few months. The bed was covered with light blue sheets and it's size suggested it was used by one person. A black dresser sat against the wall off to the left with a mirror on top of it. There were also many different kinds of makeup spread out. The room was very clean as well, everything in its place and without clutter. A door stood in the far corner.

Walking over to the edge of the bed, Jon peered around. A black nightstand was right next to the bed. An alarm clock, a soda can, and a bowl were on it. Multiple pairs of girly shoes were on the floor.

" I'm definitely in a girls room. No big surprise there. But why am I here? What's the game? " he wondered.

" Patience, Jonathan. I'll tell you soon enough. " Aphrodite's voice said in his head.

" Alright. Hope it's not too long. " Jon thought sitting on the bed.

" It shouldn't be. Just relax for awhile. "

The goddess receded from his mind. Jon sat on the bed for what felt like half an hour before someone entered the room.

" Hey, Jon! How was your day? Lazy as always? " she asked setting her bag on the dresser.

" Diana? " he whispered more than a little surprised to see her.

The giant girl dove onto the bed stomach first, bouncing the small boy into the air.

" Ahhhhhh! " Jon yelled landing roughly on the bed.

" So? How was your day? " she asked again tucking her arm under her chin.

Diana was a girl from Jon's school, she was in the same grade level as him and fairly attractive. In fact, Jon had a crush on her for some time. Eventually it just sort of faded away though. Aphrodite's games did take over his life for awhile.

Diana was on the tall side for a girl her age, standing slightly above average. He assumed she was of Hispanic descent, but he'd never confirmed that. She had very dark brown hair with the ends died a blonde color. Her skin was a light tan. Diana's feet were also large for her age and wide too, nothing outrageous though. Jon knew this because he'd spent quite a bit of time looking at her feet in the classes they had shared.

He realized that Diana was still waiting for an answer.

" Um... My day was good... What about yours? "

" It was alright. I didn't really find anything I liked at the store. Plus I didn't want to leave you here alone long. "

" Oh, thanks. " Jon said awkwardly.

" Okay, Aphrodite. What's the game? " he thought.

" The first game is simple. Sweet Diana here thinks you've been living with her like this for months. For now the game is to just stay with her. Enjoy yourself. "

" Seriously. That's it? "

" That's it. I do have an interesting tidbit of information however. You and Diana were meant to be, Jon-Jon. Before I came into your life of course. Once I did, Alexis became your one true love. "

" What? Really? "

" I am the goddess of love, Jon. It's my job to know these things. Don't think about it too much. You and Alexis make a much cuter couple anyways. "

" Was that information really necessary? "

" No, but I felt like sharing. Have fun. "

Jon wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with this new information, just accept it?

" We have the rest of the day to do whatever you want to. Any ideas? " Diana asked.

" I don't know. I'm up for whatever you want to do. "

" Weeeellll... We could do the usual thing. "

" Okay. " Jon said not knowing what she meant.

Diana changed her position so she was vertical, like how you would normally lay on a bed. Jon just stood off to the side as she did.

" Well? What are you waiting for, little guy? You know what to do. " Diana said gesturing towards the foot of the bed.

" Ah, I should've known. " he thought.

He went down and stood before her giant feet. Now that he thought about it, Jon noticed he was roughly three inches tall. Not the best height for a massage.

" Aren't I a bit too small for this? " he asked.

He couldn't be sure how much Diana knew or was capable of. Maybe she could change his size like Ingrid and Alexis.

" Oh, yeah. I guess you are. Here. "

Diana waved her hand and Jon shot up to seven inches. Just shy of the bottom of her toes.

" Any special requests? "

" Start at the toes and work your way down. "

Reaching up, Jon began to work his hands into her right big toe. Diana's toes were painted a light orange, a color not many girls could pull off. For her it worked though. Her toes were also soft and pleasantly plump. As he rubbed, Diana wiggled her toes happily.

Jon couldn't shake off a strange feeling he had while he worked. At first, he wasn't quite sure what it was. But after thinking for awhile, it hit him. He felt like he was cheating on Alexis by rubbing another girls feet. Jon doubted she would really mind, especially because this was going to get him a deal with Aphrodite. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying giving Diana a massage, but it just felt wrong.

By the time he was done with his revelation, he had made it to the middle of her left foot. Suddenly, the door opened and Diana smushed her foot down on Jon. With a wave of her hand, he started to shrink under her expansive sole.

" Yeah, Mom? " Diana said.

" Sorry. Forgot to knock first. I was wondering if you wanted to come watch this movie with me? " her mom asked.

" Um, sure. Give me a minute. "

" Okay. "

The door closed. Diana removed her foot from Jon.

" Why'd you shrink me? I wasn't done with the massage. "

" Sorry. You know my mom can't see you. She would flip out. You did a great job though. Do you want to come with me while we watch the movie? "

" You're welcome. I'll come with, but didn't you just say your mom can't see me? How is this going to work? "

" She's not going to, silly. You're going to be hiding. "

" Where? "

Diana rose up to a sitting position and reached for something on the floor.

" In this. " she said holding up a brown moccasin.

" Oh, okay. That's fine. Let's do it. "

She scooped him up in her hand and dropped him into the shoe.

" Get comfortable. "

The two inch boy ran to the toe of the shoe and laid down. Diana's foot followed him in, covering him from head to foot. A few moments later, Jon felt the rhythmic pressure of someone walking on him. Thankfully the moccasin was lined with fluff, making the weight easy to bear. He was completely blind inside the shoe and could only hear muffled noises from outside it.

Diana stopped walking shortly after she started. Her foot rested squarely on him once again. Jon wriggled his way down to her arch, so he could move more freely. He began rubbing circles into her sole. The thought of kissing her sole crossed his mind, but he quickly dismissed it. Jon stayed in the shoe for awhile, just rubbing whatever he could reach, until Diana slid her foot out.

Her toes slid to the opening, but stayed inside the shoe. They wiggled playfully as if to say:

" Come and get us, little guy. "

Squinting from the sudden light, Jon walked to the opening and looked up. He saw the knee-down part of Diana's leg and the front of a couch. He could also clearly hear the movie they were watching. He tapped her second toe to let her know he was there. Diana's big and second toe spread apart at his touch. The huge appendages came forward and embraced him.

When Jon tried to free his arms, their grip tightened.

" Well. Looks like I'm not getting out of here. " he laughed.

" Glad to see your having fun, Jon-Jon. I hate to interrupt, but are you ready to hear the game? " Aphrodite's voice interjected in his mind.

" Yeah, I guess. What is it? " he said somewhat sadly.

" The game is a decision. I'm going to make you an offer and all you have to do is decide. "

" Okay. Tell me the offer. "

Jon was becoming more suspicious by the second.

" It's simple. If you want you can stay here with Diana. You'll never hear from me again. If she wants to set you free she can, but she'll always have the ability to shrink you. Or you can continue with the triathlon. Decide. "

" What? No way. I don't believe you. It's a trick. "

" There is no trick, Jonathan. If that's what you want, that is how it will be. If you choose to stay however, you will never see Alexis again. Freedom has a price. "

" Then I'm definitely not staying. I choose to continue. "

" Are you sure? You won't get another chance like this. If you continue, you're mine forever. "

" I'm positive, Aphrodite. I want to continue. "

" Okay. So be it. Never say I didn't try. Let the games continue. "

Aphrodite disappeared from his mind. Jon was sure he had made the right decision. He loved Alexis, she was his whole reason for even doing the triathlon. But at the same time a new feeling was welling up inside him. Deep within his heart a mixture of emotions brewed, doubt and regret.

" No. I made the right decision. Aphrodite was lying. She would never let me off that easy... Right? "

Jon continued to fight with his doubts, but suddenly blacked out without warning. The second game was about to begin.