- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next few will be better.
Love Games: Chapter 12

Jon awoke feeling very sore. His vision was slightly fuzzy and then he remembered what happened. Anna had slapped him off the nightstand ! Jon bolted upright. He was greeted by a large pink object hovering in front of him. Upon closer inspection Jon realized it was an eraser attached to a pencil , which Anna was pointing at him. " Don't move ! " Anna said sounding shaky. Jon took a quick inventory and found nothing broken , that indestructibility came in handy.

" How did you get in here ? Why are you so small ? ". Jon wasn't sure how he should approach this. He went with the " I don't know what happened " story. Anna looked at Jon closer. " Aren't you in my math class ? ". " Yes ! That's where it happened ! When I shrunk I knew I had to get someone's attention , so I went your feet and you didn't notice. I decided to hitch a ride ". By this time Anna had dropped the pencil. " What were you gonna do once you got my attention ? ". " I hadn't planned that far ahead ". " Wait a minute ! Why are you naked ? ". " When I went into the hallway , I shrank right out of my clothes. I don't know what happened to them , someone must've taken them. Look , Is it alright if I stay here for awhile. At least until I can think of a plan or I might grow back " Jon pleaded. Jon was amazed at what a good actor he was becoming. Anna sat silent in thought for a minute.

" Fine , but I gotta find you something to wear. I don't wanna see your business all the time ". Jon remembered he was absolutely naked. He blushed and covered up his crotch. " I'll be right back " Anna got up and left the room. Anna came back and went to the nightstand. She dropped a small pair of white shorts and some thread in front of Jon. " Where did you find shorts this small ? " Jon picked them up , they looked like they could fit. " There's still a bunch of my old toys in our garage. I found some of my dolls clothes ". " What ? No shirt ? " Jon laughed. " Be happy I could find that much. Could you just put them on ? ". Jon was already sliding into the pair. The shorts were still quite loose on him. " They're kinda baggy ". " That's what the threads for , a belt ". Jon picked up the thread and slid it through the small belt loops. He then made a tiny knot. They were still loose , but they would stay up.

" Much better " Anna said. " So , now that I'm clothed. What do we do ? " Jon asked , looking up at Anna. " Well , I gotta go somewhere. Is it alright if I leave you here ? ". Jon had a feeling he didn't have much say in the matter. " Yeah , that's fine. But could I have some food and a drink. I didn't get any lunch ". " Yeah " Anna left the room again. This wasn't what Jon had wanted. He could tell Anna wasn't exactly warming up to him. She was willing to help him it seemed , but that's it. Anna returned with two small bowls. One full of water , the other full of potato chips. " Is this alright ? ". " Yeah , this is great " Jon broke a piece off one of the chips. " Ok , I'll see you when I get back. I'll try not to be too long " Anna left once again. Jon sat down and sighed. " What a bust ". A laugh sounded in Jon's head " Yes , indeed ". A column of white smoke rose in front of Jon. As it dissipated , Aphrodite came into view. " How's today's game going , Jon-Jon ? " Aphrodite's hand came down and scooped Jon up. Jon didn't even waste his time fighting or arguing.

" Not well ". " I can see that. Perhaps you made the wrong choice " Aphrodite grinned. " Can't argue with you there " Jon sat criss cross apple sauce in Aphrodite's palm. " Oh , I've been meaning to ask you something. I have to see someone on Friday. It's important to me. Is it alright if I go and see them after school ? ". " I already knew about it , Jon. I can hear your thoughts , remember ? I decided you can go see this person ". " Thank you , Aphrodite ". " You are welcome , Jon. Are you sure you wish to stay with this girl ? I don't think she's gonna do what you want ". " I think I can make it work. I just need to wait a bit ". " So be it. If you need anything call me. Goodbye , Jon " Aphrodite set Jon back on the nightstand. She took a step back and snapped her fingers ; the goddess disappeared in a flash of light. Jon went to the water bowl and scooped some into his mouth " Now for the waiting game ".