- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. Spoiler Warning: May contain spoilers for the Ash Saga of KOF, which is KOF 2003, XI, XII and XIII.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, I've finally got chapter one out of the way. Hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

____________________________________________________________

Not long ago, excitement filled the air. But now that KOF XIII was over, things were almost dull. All the competitors had returned to their usual lives except three. One, Saiki, no longer existed. The second, Ash, should theoretically not exist. The third, Elisabeth, was searching frantically for the second, wanting for him to desperately come home.

Today was just another day for Ash Crimson. The wind was blowing through his hair and a small green flame was present in his left hand. The day was perfect. Sighing happily, he sat down and watched the sunset. 'I wonder if Betty forgives me for leaving...' He thought. Ash had had no contact with anyone from KOF for the past month, he kind of wondered how they were doing but remembered he wasn't very well liked amongst his fellow combatants. Well, except for a few of the girls... What were their names again? Oh, it didn't really matter anyhow.

"Ash!" Exclaimed a familiar and yet not too friendly voice. "How dare you just leave without any notice like that? We've been so worried about you!"
Ash blinked a few times. He recognized the voice... Yet couldn't pin it on anyone.
"...We?" He replied, a little unsure about this. Could it be...? "I don't exactly know who you are, either..."
"Yep! We! Oh, I can't stay mad at you..." The stranger frowned at his words. "Aw, you can't tell who I am? Turn around to me, Ash."

The white haired boy was rather confused, but he did as the feminine sounding voice asked.
What he saw was a pink haired female in a sailor suit, who he partially recognized as...
"Athena Asamiya at your service!" She beamed at him, then embraced him in a tight hug.
Ash sighed, and didn't return the hug. "Oh... It's you. Lovely. Real sweet." He replied, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "If you're hoping to return me to Betty... Non. I'm staying right here, and you're leaving right now."

Athena pouted, and Ash was still frowning. "Well... It's not just Elisabeth who wants you, you know..."
Ash perked up at these words, and cocked his head to the side.
"Who else could possibly--"
"Mai Shiranui, King, Whip, and myself." She interjected suddenly.
"And what could you possibly even--"
"You'll find out soon."
"And if I say no?"
"You'll see."
"I don't want to see, I want to know."
"Let me ask again. Are you coming with me, or not?"
"No, now leave me alone before I decide to burn you to a crisp."

Okay. That was it. She was done with him being all mean to her. That last comment had really upset her, but she instead smiled sweetly at him rather than showing it.
"Heehee... You forced me to do this to you, Ash..."
He bit his lip, and made a small flame in his hand to show that he was serious.
Athena smirked deviously, and looked Ash straight in the eyes.
"Psycho... Shrink!"
...These were the last words Ash Crimson heard before he passed out.

Chapter End Notes:

Ooh, Athena, you meanie! Sorry if this seems short, I'll be uploading the next chapters as soon as I write them, which will hopefully be soon. Salutations!