- Text Size +

A majority of the class already left after making arrangements with their partners, except for Marisol who usually made use of all of her designated class time to whatever work possible. That and today she was still frustrated as getting someone as difficult as Van Fischer as her partner. After the last bell Marisol slowly packed her things and contemplated if she would even try to communicate with Van Fischer at all. " Maybe I should just do it by myself and tell her he wouldn't cooperate." She thought to herself.

" Keep in mind Marisol this is an effort from both of you, you'll both get a zero if you two do your own thing separately." Ms. Linley reminded Marisol who simply nodded in return.

" Yes mam, have a nice Spring Break." Marisol said leaving the classroom.

" I guess I don't have a choice." Marisol said out loud, knowing she'd have to work with him or receive a failing grade on a project. Marisol began to look for Fischer, a difficult task since she hardly knew anything about him let alone where to find him. She was able to navigate fairly quickly since most of the students were already going home.

" Oh! What am I doing going around looking for him!? If anything he's the one who left so rudely, he should be trying to find me!" Marisol was clearly unhappy with her one item scavenger hunt and turned to make her way towards the back exit of the school where the parking lot for students was.

" Certainly Ms. Linley will have to understand I couldn't find him, out of all thepeople I could have worked with." Marisol huffed, starting a new search to for her car. She worked pretty hard to get her drivers license and after several attempts at pleading with her parents they finally got her a car for her 17th birthday.

" As if you were my first choice to work with either." Marisol turned to look who said that, and surely enough it was Fischer sitting on a bench with a lit cigarette in his mouth, taking it out a few times to blow out smoke.

" What in the world are you doing?!"

" What's it look like, I needed a smoke." Fischer responded not even looking Marisol in the eyes.

" You don't say!? First of all why are you smoking on school ground, better yet why are you smoking period, it's bad for you!" Marisol walked immediately and tried to grab to knock the cigarette out of Fischer's mouth, but he simply extended his arm out forward to avoid the grabby arms at him.

" God dammit, give it rest. Christ you're a pain in the ass." Fischer's sighed taking another puff.

" Wh-what! Stop using the lords name in vain, that's blasphemy and do not use language like that!" Marisol was becoming more agitated at the moment and didn't seem it was possible for Fischer to give any less of a damn.

" Right, I'll be sure to apologize when I'm at the gates of Heaven.'" Fischer was clearly being his mocking self towards Marisol's beliefs and Marisol has heard enough.

" You know what, you are such a-"

" Move aside powder-puff." A new voice casually remarked as she brushed right past Marisol who nearly lost her balance.

Marisol wanted to faint at what she was seeing, another girl standing next to her with a wardrobe that screamed not to fuck with her. Long hair that seemed to be dyed black, spiked wristbands, black eye-liner, skirt, fishnet leggings, and a paganistic necklace around her neck. It looked like she could smile while drowning puppies in a lake and the sunny sky turned into a thunderstorm when she walked out of the house. Standing at her estimate of 5'8 she was a few inches taller than herself, making this new visitor quite an intimidating presence.

" Took me long enough to find your fucking ass, now I'm going to pretend your dumbass came back to your senses and didn't mean to break up with me earlier this week." The girl said crossing her arms and awaiting an answer.

" And now I'm going to pretend you're not a delusional bitch Roxanne and understand what I said, I-do-not-want-to-be-together-anymore. Sure, fighting and arguing is fun every now and again, but you're completely impossible and ready to go off the rails at any second." Fischer was starting to become fairly irritated by first Marisol and now his ex-girlfriend Roxanne arriving on the scene.

" Don't bullshit me, we've broken up several times but each every time we got back together now quick with the whole apathetic act and get back together with me." Roxanne began tapping her foot awaiting some sort of response to Fischer who was wishing she'd go away.

By this time Marisol has seen enough and took matters into her own hands. " WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU BOTH! SUCH . .SUCH . . . .HORRIBLE LANGUAGE . . .AND YOU TWO ARE A COUPLE!? AND MISS . .ROXANNE . YOUR ATTIRE . . . .DID YOU KNOW THERE'S LIKE DIFFERENT COLORS OTHER THAN BLACK . . . AND WHAT'S THAT THING AROUND YOUR NECK, THAT'S A SIN!"

" Who's this annoying fucker?" Roxanne immediately dismissed Marisol's entire rant to ask who she was.

" Some girl I got paired with, pay no mind to her or me for that matter and find the hole you crawled out of alright?" Needless to say Marisol and Roxanne were both getting increasingly angry for Fischer's callous remarks.

" Tch! You know what? Screw this, you'll be back to me mark my words, I guarantee it. Later shit-heads." Roxanne stormed away, her shoulder bumping into Marisol's in the process.

" Look Fischer I know you don't like me and I don't like you but, we need to do our best to work together so we can both do well on this assignment. The school library is open on weekends so how about we both meet up tomorrow at noon." Marisol finally churned an effort to make a compromise after all it's only one assignment and hopefully afterward they'd never have to speak with each other again.

" Heh, here I thought you were supposed to love me."

" Wha-what! Why would I love you?" Marisol's face nearly erupted in a blush at Fischer's sudden sentiment.

" You know, what's that whole thing uuh loving everybody, loving your enemies, and whatever else in your holy fairy tale book." Fischer finished his sentiment and Marisol realized it was yet another one of his jabs to mock her beliefs.

" Oh, whatever! Just show up tomorrow!" Marisol then stormed in a manner similar to Roxanne did moments ago and made her merry way to her car to drive home. Being that she was so riled up she had to be sure to contain her emotions behind the steering wheel to avoid legal repercussions of reckless driving, road rage, etc. Despite the effort it took Marisol managed to get home with her sanity and vehicle in tact.

Neither one of her parents were home, her mother was a business department chairman at a college in the area and her line of work sometimes required her to leave out of town for meetings and discussions such as today so she could skip formalities to head straight up into her room.

After shutting the door Marisol went to her bedroom nightstand where she kept her crucifix to pray every night and got onto her knees with her hands clenched together.

" God, I know I'm supposed to love everybody . .but . . Van Fischer is plain impossible beyond words. I wish . . . I wish there was some way for me to put him in his place and save him like you want . .please answer my pray amen." Marisol finished her pray and now all that was left is to hope for the best. Marisol knew she would need all the strength she could get to survive tomorrow.