- Text Size +


" . . Holy shit! What the fuck just happened!?!?!" Fischer for once lost his normal demeanor in a state of shock from his new perspective, he frantically looked all around him, to see the ceiling that appeared several miles above his head, the floor which looked like a vast ocean that expanded forever, the bookshelves of the library now looked like ancient monoliths, and most startling was looking right up to another breathing, living human, who was a bonafide giant.


" . .I don't know . you shrunk!" Marisol yelped, clearly as surprised as Fischer is at the moment.


" Obviously ! This is freaking insane, how is this even physically possible!? " Fischer was pacing around in a circle with his head on his forehead. Marisol only watched in a frightened fascination, like Fischer she couldn't fathom what happened, so she crouched down to her knees to get a better view of him, not for the sake of her sight, but to convince herself that this was real/


It took a few moments for Fischer to panic himself out, but still was mentally baffled and knew this was beyond his control now. " Marisol I need your help !" He shrieked up to his colossal sized partner,

“ What do you expect me to do ?! “ Marisol exclaimed, with that outburst the librarian responded.


“ Excuse me ! Whoever is in the back please keep it down ! “ The librarian said with her shrill voice, that startled Marisol.


She couldn't afford to have her or someone else walking nearby and see her talking to a 3-inch person, there's no way she would ever play that off, so without thinking she roughly scooped the miniaturized sized Fischer and ran into the girls bathroom. Once inside, she opened up her hands nearby the bathroom sink, placed her purse on the edge, and Fischer took no time to to jump off and stand on the flat faucet.

“ Geez! Could you give me some warning if you're going to pick me up like that !?! “ Fischer was clearly displeased with how recklessly Marisol handled him just now.


“ Well I couldn't have someone walk by and see me talking to a shrunken person, I panicked! At least here I can hear if someone is coming in and hide you !” Marisol was still in a shell-shocked frame of mind, and trying to get a hold of herself.


“ Yeah, you operate so well under pressure!” Fischer responded in his sarcastic ways. “ Look we need to go get me some help, a doctor, a scientist, a teacher, a freaking janitor, anyone!”


“ Who would know anything about someone inexplicably shrinking like this ?!” Marisol rebutted.


“ So?! It's not like there's any alternatives here !”


“ Okay, okay! Lets calm down! Ma-maybe there's a reason all of this is happening !” Marisol said, she was having a hard time believing this was all real.


“ A reason?! What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Oh, don't tell me! This is some sort of divine intervention, and God did this!” Fischer has grown tired of Marisol's indecisive attitude towards his predicament and went off ranting at Marisol who was staring away at him in a gaze where she was lost in her own thoughts.


Was this some kind of scientific phenomena ? Some new kind of disease ? A work of God ? Does any of that really matter? Here was her partner Van Fischer the chronic thorn in her side, smaller than a doll, and in desperate need of her help. . .


“ My prayer. . ” Marisol mouthed out, with a slight whisper of her voice being heard, she was still staring blankly at Fischer who finished ranting and was staring at her with a confused look in his eye. “ This is my chance.”


“ Hello! Are you even listening, god damn you're difficult!” Fischer sounded off again, it's baffling to him that Marisol isn't comprehending the weight of his peril, but little did he know the gears were turning in Marisol's mind and she has already came to a consensus.


“ For fucks sake, Mariso-” Fischer was about to lose it, and Marisol finally took action while Fischer was in mid-sentence, and scooped him into her hands again, placing him inside her purse, then zipping it closed completely.


Marisol heard Fischer sounding off from inside her purse, probably screaming out for help or something, but at that size the odds anyone would hear him are abysmal. Marisol put her purse back around her shoulder, being a little bit more ginger now that a tiny person was inside. She still had a hard time grasping that someone shrunk down to smaller than a pencil! Nonetheless, she was positive this was God answering her request and she could set Fischer on the right path once and for all, so she went back outside and folded up Fischer's clothes that he worn prior to shrinking and held them by the pit of her arms.


Afterward, she headed back to where they both were sitting and lugged her own book-bag and Fischer's small bag onto her back, it was fairly difficult for her to lug around all these objects , but she managed with a sense of urgency. Despite the library being virtually empty, knowing there was an actual living, breathing, person in her purse gave her a weird feeling of anxiety.


Fortunately for her the librarian didn't see Marisol leave, since she looked comically suspicious, as she walked like a robot out the door and to her car. At least by then she felt like she was in the clear, and put all her luggage in the passenger's seat, and began to drive home.


The whole drive Marisol was contemplating all the possibilities she could do to Fischer, whatever it took for him to change his ways. The more she plotted, the more she began to realize what a powerful position she was in. At his current size there was nothing he could possibly do to resist her message or fight back any longer. She didn't know if this was a temporary condition or if Fischer would have to be this way for the rest of his life so she was going to make sure every moment counted.


Marisol wasted no time situating her car and putting Fischer's belongings in the trunk to avoid potential misunderstandings in the event her mother came home. On the way upstairs to her room, Marisol mentally prepared herself to appear as confident and firm as possible, there was now way she could let Fischer get inside her head if she wanted this to work.


Now it was the moment of truth as Marisol put her purse down on top of the desk she used to do school work She took a couple of deep breaths and slowly unzipped her purse, then stuck her hand in carefully to fish around for her shrunken companion. She was careful not to be too rough and plucked him out of her purse with two fingers by his sides, then placed him on the desk.


“ What the hell was that all about!??!? Where are we!? Have you gone off the deep e- “


“ HUSH! “ Marisol boomed, Fischer was caught completely off guard and jumped at the ferocity of her voice, even having to cover his ears for a moment.


“ It's about time we had a little talk.” Marisol said crossing her arms.