- Text Size +

Being virtually invincible, I could see how this all would play out.  Absolute bedlam could ensue if I just continued to rampage.  People would be killing each other over ways across the Atlantic or Pacific.  I couldn't really Google the mileage at this point, so I can't say I was positive I could make the swim.  No doubt I wasn't in as good a shape as that chick who swam the channel.  But it was pretty obvious if I were to milk this for all its worth, some sort of order would need to be placed.  The apocalypse could eventually come, and I looked forward to the day, but I was only one 200 foot tall girl.  I can't fly, I can't teleport, I can't really sneak up on anyone.  I can't be everywhere at once, either.  I was going to need help.    

Finding I could almost stand up in the University of Phoenix stadium, I decided to make it my home.  I assumed once people heard where I had set up shop they would show up.  And they did.  It started as a trickle, 99% male, until it grew to a stream.  The woman started to come as well, thankfully.  All the men did was stare and drool.  If I didn't need them, I would flatten them, and sometimes I did.  Disgusting little pigs.  At first they came for sexual reasons, but once they found out what I was all about, they started coming for moral reasons as well.   I stumbled upon a silent majority.  A massive population that doesn't vote, and doesn't read US Weekly or watch TMZ.  They didn't stand in line for iPhones nor iPads, and their clothes don't bear many labels.  Their voice was never heard because there was no one to unite them.  They didn't hear their opinions being shared in the court of popular opinion.  Media outlets didn't know they were there so they didn't cater to them.  But they were there.  And they had no idea how popular they truly were.  They were sick of the lies, the special interests, the party politics, and the warmongering.  When Washington wiped Flagstaff off the map, that spark ignited a wildfire.   At first they were pissed at me over the Las Vegas massacre.  They questioned the lives I took and the pain I inflicted.  I decided god was too ambitious, so I was merely a higher form of evolution.  Don't you dare question me when you experiment on monkeys and raise baby calves in cages too small to ever move in for the best veal.  You are like animals to me.  I am free to do what I want with you.  This created three groups of my followers: the ones who left my service immediately, the ones who bought it completely, i.e. the complete losers, and the ones who stuck around because we had similar goals, even though I disgusted them.  I respected the third group most.  The first were idiots to oppose me, the second were losers to worship me, and the third were just smart.  Morals don't exactly line up?  So what!  Get what you want and deal with the conscience later.  Or don't.  

I don't.  Mine is dead.  Or buried, or muffled, or whatever.  It doesn't ever chime in anymore.  Chide me for eating little people.  Stepping on them, squishing them.  Good because I like doing it.  

After the whole Flagstaff massacre, that one that wasn't on me, for the most part I was left alone.  The military figured they couldn't hurt me, and maybe they decided not provoking me was the best policy.  And I let them think it was by not attacking any other cities.  We built a pretty strong network, my forces were flourishing.  But the trigger of my plan couldn't happen fast enough.  Eating people that are ready for it and actually want me to do it just isn't the same.  Now I do it because I'm hungry.  That was never the point.  So when we finally reached enough numbers and had infiltrated enough positions of the government, we pounced.  

I couldn't compete with technology.  If I went on the warpath, by the time I reached the next city it would be empty.  I needed to wipe out their communications, and the only way I felt I could shut it all down was to send them all back to the stone age.  So I made my demands - allow my people into all known power generating facilities, or face my wrath.  My wish that there would be some resistance was granted when Sheriff Arpaio and about thirty of his deputies locked themselves inside the Palo Verde Nuclear plant, refusing us entrance.  45 miles away?  Shit, I'll be there in 10 minutes.