- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter shows the beginning of his shrinking. Sorry if it's a bit slow.



I woke up the next morning from my sister pounding on my door.

"Get out here and wish me happy birthday!" Ally said. She waited a few seconds and when I didn't reply she shouted, "Come on! We already cut the cake without you sleepy-head, and now mom and dad are gone and won't be getting back until next week!"

This got my attention, "What are you talking about?" My voice was still weak from just getting up.

"Yeah, they said something about us being old enough to take care of ourselves now and that they were going to spend some personal time together."

Ally's voice faded into mumbles and I noticed the sadness in her tone. Then she got closer to my door and said, "Please. I'm lonely on my birthday."

This was pitiful, my little sister was begging me to spend time with her because our parents ditched her on her birthday. I cleared my throat. "I'm coming!" I replied trying to sound more upbeat, to brighten the mood. Then I said, "Give me a sec."

I could hear her giggle. Now sounding much more excited she said, "Okay!"

It took me maybe ten minutes to get ready. I got out of bed, and brushed my teeth. I had a personal bathroom and since I already had on pajamas, I was ready to go. I walked towards my door and held onto the knob. The memories of what happened last night popped into my head. It was too late for talking and I seriously hoped this wouldn't be weird.

I turned the knob and pulled the door open. Ally was waiting for me at the kitchen table down the hall, and I could see her eyes looking down at her phone texting. And for some reason the kitchen was saturated with a thin smoke. When I closed the door behind me her eyes darted in my direction.

We caught eye contact and Alison's lips curled into a funny smile. I suddenly got a chill down my spine. My sister had something planned.

"Heyyyy! Sit down!" She yelled down the hallway.

My legs felt heavy. I have no idea how Ally can make me feel so nervous every time we were alone. My feet finally dragged me into the kitchen and I could now see her cake, which was releasing all the fumes. It was miniature, as if it was made for just one or two people, and it had a small and vivid red candle burning in the middle of it. The candle seemed to be releasing too much smoke for its size. The cake wasn't even touched.

With a confused look on my face I asked her, "You said that you cut the cake?"

Ally replied like she had the answer on the top of her head. "We did. This one is special, because it is for just you and me."

"Umm, okay." I said just trying to get this over with. Then I sat down across the table from her.

Ally locked eyes with me and looked much more serious than I am accustomed to seeing her. She continued talking about why this cake was so special. "I really like this cute little candle. It is suppose to be extremely lucky."

"Yeah sure... Hey about last night, I don't want you to think--" She cut me off. It was a bad habit of hers.

"Okay! We'll talk just let me make my wish first." Ally sucked in her breath and gently blew.

The smoke that was collecting above the candle was blown into my face and I immediately started coughing. We both quickly stood up away from the table. And even after a few seconds I still couldn't stop myself from choking. Now I was getting very light-headed and my throat hurted.

Suddenly I noticed that my sister, who was usually as high as my shoulders was almost eye level with me.

She was looking at me intensely but didn't look concerned, just curious. This made me confused then angry, "Alison--" cough "what the hell!"

In a few more moments my light-headedness took full effect. I fell over and passed out on the kitchen floor with my sister looking over me.
Chapter End Notes:
What did Alison do to him? Was it intentional?