- Text Size +

"Errrh my head", I grasped both sides of my head and winced.
"What happened?", truly it was the worst of hangovers, and I had so much to drink.

I look up; the world still a little fuzzy but I manage to bring it into focus, it's the same sight as last night, I think? I was at my friend Charlottes party; her seventeenth.

I must've passed out in the living room because i can see the sofa, the coffee table...
Why is everything so much bigger? I closed and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the morning blur, but everything is still so big.
Standing up I realize I'm on the rug in the middle of the room, I look around and I see Tracy, Charlotte and Holly splayed about the room.

I never really made any guy friends, I know I should, you know being one an' all but, I never liked the roughage that came with it all. 

I walked a couple of steps, familiarizing myself with this new world. What happened? I walk over to Charlotte and decide to use her as a measurement guide.
She seems out of it so it should be fine and besides if she wakes up she can help me, seventeen... should be responsible now.

She was lying tummy up on the edge of the rug I was on; her black hair was long and flowed down each side of her head and some in her face, she wore purple pyjamas with bunnies on them. I take my hand and place it on hers.
"The hell?" I blink a couple of times to make sure I'm not just seeing things.
Her hand is huge! Mine barely covers a portion of her nail; mine used to be bigger by far. 
Something must've happened, what was it? Did I drink something strange? Eat something strange?

I hear the door creaking behind me, startled I fall onto Charlottes hand, it's my luck I'm so small, she does nothing. Looking up across the room I see Charlottes mum.
Well that's nothing strange, this is her house, she let us stay up and do what we wanted Just as long as we we're responsible and clean up in the morning.

She took a few steps in and then looked directly at... ME?!
No. She was looking at Charlotte, god I almost had a heart attack. She continued to pear round the room, but something was off.
Why was she looking around? Perhaps she was looking for me.

This is my chance! I may only be an inch tall now but I clearly resemble a human, I look down at my body to check... Yeah a human...

I lift myself off Charlottes hand and make the marathon long run towards her mum, who was no longer stationary and was physically peering round corners.
I thought it best to stay at a distance, I had to be careful now; she could easily step on me by accident. I don't reckon I have neither time nor the stamina to climb one of the huge objects around me, so I took place about a metre in front of her... Or what I think is a metre in front of her.

"Shelly!" I called,(I always found it weird talking to my friends mum but after a while I guess I got used to a first name basis). She couldn't hear me and was looking... under the cushions?

Why was she looking under there? Could she know I shrank? How..?
While I was fumbling with ideas in my head I neglected to notice the world around me, there she was bending down and peering straight at me.
My heart almost jumped out my chest, falling to the ground I met a soft landing; the rug.
"My my look how much you've... shrunk", she said giving off the strangest grin.
I got up to my feet, "You have to help me, I don't know what happened I just..."
Before I could finish she reached out and scooped me up into the palm of her right hand and stood back up.

"You know I don't like boys" she said gleaming down at me.
I never really protruded into my friend's mum's life, but I had heard that she was a divorcee. Charlotte had told me that her mum raised her, her dad ran off shortly after she was born and her mum had never forgiven him for it.

I didn't know what to say.

"I won't let you hurt my Charlotte" she looked over at her daughter and my eyes followed suit.
What do I say to that?
"Ummm...Miss Camley?" I stumbled; looks like it's resorted to a last name basis after all. "I don't know what y... why would I hurt Cha... do you know what happened to me?" I stuttered. I had so many important questions to ask they all just flew out in one big muddle.

She smirked a little, "last night, I spiked your drink. A boy hanging around with girls? Don't think I don't know your game." The smirk dissipated as her words became more serious.

"I won't let you do anything to my girls; I won't let you hurt my Charlotte." She repeated.

I didn't know what to say. 

Just then she began to walk forward across the room towards Charlotte. She was still asleep, in her purple pyjamas with bunnies on them. I found them cute, but I never thought of Charlotte in that way, she was just a friend.
Just then, Shelly picked me up by the pyjama top at the back between her two fingernails and lifted me up (I thought it best to wear pyjamas to a sleepover); she bent down next to Charlotte.

"Silly girl, I won't let you make the mistakes I made" she said softly looking toward her daughter.
She nuts, there's no reasoning with someone like this, I tried my best to wriggle free of her grip.

Her eyes diverted to me, "Where do you think you're going? Think you can survive that fall?" she said in a sarcastic tone.
Oh... she was right, even if I did get free; it's a long way down now.
She lifted me up and above Charlotte's mouth.

What's she playing at?! "Stop this" I shouted out, "I don't care about your daughter in that way, I don't mean any harm!"
"You don't care about my daughter? I figured that much, you boys only care about one thing"
There was no hope for her, her mind was fixed.

I looked down, Charlotte's mouth was slightly open, I could see straight down into her throat. 
"Please! Miss Camely" I pleaded.
"Shhhh, we don't want my Charlotte waking up" and with that she dropped me.
I flailed and tried to grab onto something, but it was hopeless. The last sight I would see me this crazy bitch smiling; feeding me to her daughter in the name of 'protection'.
No, I can't let it end here!

As I fell, I tried to grab onto Charlottes tongue, I failed. "Shit" I shouted as I fall down.
I fall to the back of her throat and by gag reflex she swallowed. I pushed out my hands and legs as hard as can to stop myself from falling any further.
I felt a jerk, she was coughing! She was awake!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My eyes burst open and I couldn't stop coughing!
My body jerked upright in frenzy.
I'm choking?! Did a bug crawl in my mouth whilst I was asleep?
Looking round the room I search for assistance, banging my chest I try to push it back up; whatever it is.

I notice next to me a glass of water! Perfect!
I pick up the glass, brush my hair out my face and gulp down the entire volume of liquid.
I patted my chest; whatever it was it's gone now. Not the best awakening.

My mum then appeared from round the door, she was holding two plates of food.
"Are you alright dear?" she asked.
"Yeah, just a bug, must've got stuck in my throat" I replied in annoyance.
"Oh dear, well I made you girls breakfast I hope you're all hungry" she smiled.
I looked around, Holly and Tracy were still asleep but where was Adam?

My mum plonked a big plate of food in front of me and another plate of the table; she then got up to go get the other.
"Mum, do you know where Adam is?"
"Oh he said he had to go see his girlfriend and left earlier on"
Adam had a girlfriend?

My mum then left to get the rest. I looked down at the plate of food, bacon, beans, egg, chips and hash brown! Full English!

My tummy then growled out loudly, I placed my right hand on it and rubbed it gently.
I guess a bugs not enough for my belly, I giggled a little.