- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter will center around the actions of Jon and Alice as they begin the journey to get their mother's attention.

Jon and Alice had reached the center of their mother's foot and found that there was a new challenge awaiting them,the climb.

  "Hey Jon,I have a strange feeling sort of like the landscape is still getting bigger.Do you feel that as well or am I dreaming?"

 "I didn't want to say anything but yeah it does seem like we've gotten a little smaller.This shrinking thing must be a condition that progresses.I can't even begin to wrap my head around it Alice,lets just keep going and not dwell on it ok."Jon said as he pulled his bowie knife out of his back pocket.

 The duo were correct in their assumptions as they had shrunk to a quarter of an inch and hte expanse of their mother's foot swelled larger in front of them.Their only hope was that Alice was correct and that their mother could somehow communicate with them and fix it.The tiny hairs on Miranda's foot were now like small tree to the duo and caused them some hardship.(The shrinking does have a basement at 1/16 of an inch,not subatomic)

  Jon was forced to bring out the knife and began swinging it at the hairs around them trying to make the path clearer.A small bonus to their size was the fact that the small pores on Miranda's body now acted like holes they could stop and rest in,also the body of their mother was also starting to pull on their bodies and made falling off almost impossible. The smaller the duo would become the more the slant of their mother's body was less of a direct angle and more like a slant.

 Jon thrashed around wildly as the hairs on his mother's foot seemed to become larger thicker and harder to cut when in all reality it was them that had become smaller. He was beginning to tire from this endless chore and noted the hairs were becoming harder to chop.

"Hey Jon the trees are starting to become bigger and thicker,I think that means we're still shrinking.I can't even believe im saying theses words,this is nuts."Alice said as she began to freak out.

Jon knew that they would have to reclaim their wits if they were to get out of this mess.

"Alice we need to remain calm ok?The only way we're going to get out of here is if we keep our heads and work together,just think of this as a huge mountain."

..............................Miranda was sitting on the couch eating some M@ms and sipping a fruit smoothie watching her second movie of the day.She had decided this would be her R a R day and that she would worry about everything else later.The fact that her children were no where to be found or heard from concerned her a bit,but it was usual. She was completely oblivious to the fact that the two were currently scaling her body as she was sitting there.She had no idea that they were with her as she was wondering about their whereabouts. She sat there sipping her protein shake when she felt a slight rumble from her stomach and thought the smoothie must be giving her tummy problems.She ran to the restroom and closed the door to usee the facitlies.

 

  Jon and Alice had made great progress at their limited and still dwindling sizes and were now up past their mother's knee cap. The pores and hairs and Miranda's legs were helping them greatly and was now assisting in their journey.The fact that their mother's body was now pulling their bodies into hers was also helping as they found that they didn't need worry about falling off. They had no idea what their mother was doing as they were now so insignifigant to her.They had come to the disgusting realization that in order to survive they would have to drink the sweat off of their mother's body.The thought sickened them but the will to survive drove their actions.As they continued their ascent up their mothers lower thigh they noticed little things about the landscape they never noticed befor,they could actually begin to see individual flakes of skin on the body of Miranda.

 "We are so small that we can actually see skin flakes Jon!We are so frickin small that we can see flakes of skin on our own mother's skin!I am about to lose it,this is frickin ridiculous what in the hell!"

 Jon was also freaking out in his mind but he knew he needed to keep his sister calm.

  "Alice,I know this is very hard to handle but remember what I said earlier ok.The only chance of returning to normal little alone surviving is keeping calm." he said trying to calm his sister's nerves.

  The smell of their mother's body was now very powerful but they had grown accustomed to it,otherwise it would have killed them. The lucky thing about their small size was that now that Miranda's body was so huge it was like different parts of her body were like different landscapes and contained certain odors away from them.(remember the bathroom visit.)

 The landscape of their mother was now huge and pores were large gaping holes and skin cells looked like cracked desert.Rivers of sweat were everywhere and filled large crevices and wrinkles in the skin.Jon and Alice now trekked through a landscape not their mother,their hopes hinging on the fact that they could gather her attention and that she knew of a way to reverse this.

 They had journeyed far and long and had many rests along the way,feasting on sweat and dead skin cells.They made encampments alongside large hairs and cave like pores and continued their journey up their mother's leg.

  It had been about 3 days but they finally made it up to their mother's midsection unbeknownst to Miranda.She was led to believe they had gone off with some of their friends and failed to mention it,it worried her greatly but they had done it before.Miranda knew her only option was to call the police and make her children distance themselves even further or wait for them like she had done before.She elected for the second and knew that they would pop up sooner or later.(Plot hole yes,but neccesary)

 The stumbling duo were very ragged and sore when they reached the midsection of their mother and knew all of their hard work was about to pale in comparision to the journey that laid ahead still. It was time to enter the forbidden forest and attempt to make contact.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Will they make it?