- Text Size +

Chapter 24

Cherish woke up. She checked the clock. It was five hours later. She looked on the dresser, and saw Magnus and Melvin were taking a little nap, on the dresser.

"Awe!," she thought to herself, "They're so cute. I'll let them sleep some more."

She then went downstairs to get something to eat. She noticed her brother, was sleeping on the couch. She decided not to wake him. She went into the kitchen, and made herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She was enjoying her little lunch, when she heard the phone ring.

"Hello?," she asks as she answers it.

"Cherish? It's me Professor Starnoon," said the voice on the other side.

"Oh hello! So any news about how to restore the process?"

"Actually yes. You see, I isolated both shrink and regression formulas, and I made a startling discovery."

"What's that?"

"Neither substance works when applied to tulips. Specifically the leaves."

"So basically, I have to get those two, to eat tulips, and they should turn back to normal?"

"Basically. The tulip's genetic history, negates the effects of both substances. I created my own shrink serum, and regression serum, used them both on myself, and finally ate a tulip. That was three days ago, and I am still fine. Would you like to see the video I made for research?"

"Yes please. They're gonna be so happy to hear this!"

Meanwhile...

Magnus and Melvin are woken up by a loud pinching noise. They look, and to their horror, is a giant ant! Or rather a normal sized ant... that looks giant! It attacks them! They run! Not watching where they are going, they jump off the dresser! But luckily they land safely on Cherish's bed. But then more ants show up! They give the poor shrunken kids chase! The duo manage, to run into a mouse hole, but while trying to escape the ants, they fall into a crack! Somehow this brings them outside. They try to get back in, but a crow picks them up, in her beak! They manage to break free, before she can hit the nest. But they fall into a small lake, whose tides and fish, force them to the other side of its shore! They get out, and as soon as they hear thunder, they hide under a tree. Then the rain comes. They manage to stay dry, relatively. But then they realize it. They're in a forest! And the only forest that's close to Cherish's house, is three miles away!

"Hey Melvin?," asked Magnus.

"Yeah?," replied Melvin.

"Will we ever get back home?"

"I hope so."

Then they saw it. There was a...

Cherish went back to check up on her two "little ones," But when she did, she saw they were gone! But seeing the ants, and the mouse hole, she figured out what happened.

"Mom! Dad! Billy!," she yelled.

Billy showed up and said, "Mom and Dad are off shopping. What's wrong?"

"Melvin and Magnus are gone!"

Chapter End