- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Spoiler Warnings: Brief pre-textual references to Adventures of Gulliver and Laff-A-Lympics in the next two chapters.

The following week, another episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast went to air live.

 

“Greetings. I am Space Ghost,” said Space Ghost, “My guests tonight have both agreed to come on the show in response to what the Giantessworld authors said in last week’s show. Tonight my guests are Inch High Private Eye and Bunco from the hidden island of Lilliput. I’ll be talking to both of them at once. Welcome guys.”

 

“Glad to be here, Space Ghost,” said Inch High.

 

“Me too,” said Bunco.

 

“So you two have quite a story to tell,” said Space Ghost.

 

Inch High Private Eye and Bunco co-narrated a fascinating account for the Space Ghost Coast to Coast viewers. It all began in fact in 1969…

 

Gary Gulliver, his father Tom Gulliver and Captain John Leech headed out on a sailing voyage, and soon passed another boat, which was headed back towards America. In the second boat were Professor Hayden, his daughter Leslie and young assistant Link Simmons, who had all just escaped from Danger Island.

 

Gulliver’s boat later met with a storm at sea. Tom Gulliver was missing and eventually presumed dead. Gary Gulliver had many encounters with Captain Leech, and was aided by the tiny people of the island city of Lilliput.

 

In late 1973, Inch High Private Eye and his niece Lori took their dog Braveheart on an ocean voyage and came across the island of Lilliput. Lori and Gary Gulliver fell in love, and were married. Braveheart and Gulliver’s dog Tagg became good friends and explored the island together for a while.

 

Inch High Private Eye, being used to using his acrobatic skills to outmanoeuvre full sized criminals, managed to swing a vine around Captain Leech and tie him up, saving the Lilliputian girl Flirtacia in the process. She was grateful, and Leech was sentenced to be reduced in size by force feeding him water from the Forbidden Pool, the next time it appeared. After that he was kept in a Lilliputian jail, now permanently the size of a Lilliputian.

 

After that, Inch High remained in Lilliput as its first detective. Gary and Lori Gulliver took their dogs back to the mainland and set up house and home. Eventually, news of Lilliput’s existence became known to Snagglepuss and Mildew Wolf, who decided to top their latest episode of Laff-a-Lympics, which had been set on the moon.

 

So, in late 1978 or early 1979, (Bunco and Inch High were not exactly sure), Hanna-Barbera’s sports commentator Don Messick announced the start of Scooby’s All-Star Laff-A-Lympics episode 25:

 

“Welcome sports fans to another All-Star Laff-A-Lympics. Today, our athletes will go to the island of Lilliput and then make a return visit to the most popular venue: the amazon jungle.”

 

“That may have to wait, silly savages,” said Mildew Wolf, “Several of Captain Caveman’s compressed prehistoric animals have somehow escaped from their usual confines of his extensive chest hair, and are running riot in the Everglades.”

 

“Grape Ape! Grape Ape!” said the only modern day giant animal who could possibly stand a chance of recapturing the escaped animals.

 

The forty foot purple gorilla Grape Ape soon corralled all of Captain Caveman’s escaped animals and returned them to Cavey, who put them back in his chest hairs, using his power club to compress their size as usual.

 

“Excellent! Well done even!” said Snagglepuss, “And now our contestants can all board the express ark to Lilliput. Welcome our three teams: the Yogi Yahooeys, the Scooby Doobies and the Really Rottens.”

 

“Why is Mumbly a rotten, if he was an inspector who had a cameo guest appearances in one of my adventures?” asked Dynomutt.

 

“Knock off the ridiculous questions, and just get into the Express Ark, Dog Wonder. This is a different show,” said Blue Falcon.

 

In time, the ark came to drop its anchor in the ocean just near the shores of Lilliput.

 

“Well folks, now our silly savages are getting ready to remove even more credibility from the sports world in our latest event: the ladies’ Lilliputian hunt,” said Mildew, “Before I outline the nature of the event, Snag will introduce our volunteer Lilliputian men who have agreed to participate in this event.”

 

“Thanks Mildew,” said Snagglepuss, “Meet three of Lilliput’s most prominent citizens, who are all looking for relatively giant sized wives: Eggar, Bunco and Glump.”

 

“I’m going to enjoy this more than the days I competed with Gary for Flirtacia,” said Eggar.

 

“This is my BIG chance,” said Bunco.

 

“I hope it’s not a shrink gun wedding,” said Glump.

 

“Thank you, with gratitude even,” said Snagglepuss, “Now it’s back to Mildew, to outline this event.”

 

“That’s right folks,” said Mildew Wolf, “Our three Lilliputians are off to hide themselves in the Mysterious Forest on the island, while I tell you what’s going to happen next. Three ladies, one from each team, will each chase and catch a Lilliputian and bring them back to the outskirts of Lilliput, where King Pomp, and two other Lilliputian marriage celebrants Raldersol and Flibnab will perform the ceremonies. The first contestant to get her man to the altar will be awarded 25 points for her team. 15 points for second, and 10 points for third.”

 

“Yes Mildew,” said Don, “And now to meet our contestants. It’s Teen Angel Brenda for the Scooby Doobies, who will be hunting for Eggar, Daisy Mayhem from the Really Rottens, who will be hunting for Glump, and … I’ve just realised that there are no human ladies on the Yogi Yahooeys. This could be a Laff-A-Lympics first, folks. We may have to cancel an event for lack of qualifying contestants.”

 

“Not at all,” said Teen Angel Taffy, “Bunco and I are very keen on each other, and Grape Ape was a big help to Cavey in recovering the escaped prehistoric animals. In gratitude, I’m willing to enter for the Yogis and do my very best to win for them.”

 

“Well, if there’s no objection from either the Yogis or the Scoobys, I guess we’re ready to go,” said Don.

 

“Are our Lilliputians all well hidden?” asked Snagglepuss.

 

“They sure are,” said Mildew.

 

“Then let the hunt begin,” said Don, “And they’re off and running on foot, with tall Taffy in the lead, followed by Daisy Mayhem in second place, and Brenda bringing up the rear. Here’s a reminder to our viewers, that regardless of who wins the event, all three girls will still end up marrying their Lilliputian sweethearts.”

 

“Maybe we should rename this silliness the Small-Star Wife-Of-Lilliputian show,” said Mildew.

 

“Hilarious. Funny even,” said Snagglepuss.

 

“Brenda’s crawling through the forest bushes on foot in search of Eggar, but she’s found Glump by mistake. She’s saying nothing, so that Daisy won’t find out,” said Don Messick, “But where’s daisy? She’s still running, getting ahead of Taffy in distance in the forest, although neither one of them has found their man yet. Now Taffy has veered into the bushes on foot and is walking around slowly like a giantess in pursuit of Bunco.”

 

The hunt continued for several minutes longer.

 

“And now it’s Daisy Mayhem in the lead!” said Don, “This could be a real break for the Rottens. Daisy has caught Glump and is running back to Lilliput with him. King Pomp is starting the ceremony … and they’re exchanging their vows and Glump is presenting Daisy with a ring made of an old Lilliputian cart wheel, and yes! They’re married! Daisy has just kissed her tiny groom! Now it’s Brenda in second place for the Scoobies …. Brenda and Eggar have just said their ‘I do’ vows, and now finally here comes Taffy and Bunco for the Yogis… and they’re all married.”

 

“I challenge the Rottens’ win,” said Dee Dee, “Why is Bunco dripping slobber?”

 

“We’ll just watch an action replay on our x-ray cheat detection camera,” said Mildew, “And here’s the Really Rotten cheat for this event. We can see now, that Daisy Mayhem was the first to find Bunco. Unlike Brenda, who found Glump and ignored him, Daisy captured Bunco, swallowed him to delay any chance of his being found by Taffy, and didn’t cough him up and release him until she’d found and caught Glump.”

 

“Well Daisy and Glump are still legally married, but the Rottens forfeit their win for cheating. As it remains impossible to know who would have won out of the Scoobies and Yogis if the Rottens hadn’t cheated, we’ll award and equal first place to both teams, and leave the Rottens with a fifteen point penalty for cheating, to be deducted from their 25 point dishonest victory. This leaves the half time scores being 10 points for the Rottens in last place, and the Scoobies and Yogis tied at 25 points. Don’t go away folks. We’ll be back later in the amazon jungle for the second half of the All-Star Laff-A-Lympics.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

In future chapters: More Laff-A-Lympics, Jabberjaw, Sealab 2020/2021, Harvey Birdman, the Superfriends, and more of Space Ghost