- Text Size +
Story Notes:
  1. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

2013...

In an orbital studio, Space Ghost and his two former arch enemies Moltar and Zorak were listening to the opening credits of yet another episode of their live talk show Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

 

“Greetings, I’m Space Ghost,” said Space Ghost, “Welcome to another of our theme shows. For those of you who didn’t see the episodes Batmantis and Gilligan, a theme show is where we have a number of guests who all have something to do with a common theme. Tonight’s theme is Giantessworld, where high quality science fiction authors write stories about … well how about I ask our first guest to explain. Here’s my first guest Garycomic. He is a writer of fan fictions and stories about historical myths and legends. Hi, Gary.”

 

“Hi Space Ghost,” said Garycomic.

 

“So what is Giantessworld?” asked Space Ghost.

 

“It’s an internet community, where people write stories about shrunken men or giant women. Some of us write fan fictions, based on well known characters. Others create their own characters.”

 

“So is there one of your stories that you’d like our viewers to pay particular attention to?” asked Space Ghost.

 

“Well I guess one of the most popular ones in our own forum is ‘Vore Knight of the Obelisk’. It’s got time travel, a few characters from your own Hanna-Barbera background …. Or was that Gary’s Comic Drabbles… oh, and it’s also got Batman and Robin. At least one of them gets shrunken by Catwoman,” said Garycomic.

 

“Hey, he can’t talk about them. They’re not Hanna-Barbera characters!” yelled Zorak from off-screen.

 

“Not true,” said Moltar, “Batman and Robin teamed up with Scooby Doo and the gang twice in 1972 in the New Scooby Doo Movies, and they then went on to appear in every series of Superfriends and Super Powers Team.”

 

“Batman also helped me in my most recent bout with Creature King,” said Space Ghost. (“Batman the Brave and the Bold: Space Safari” in the episode “Bold Beginnings”).

 

“My bad,” said Zorak.

 

“So tell us Garycomic, which Hanna-Barbera characters have appeared in your stories?” asked Space Ghost.

 

“Well I created a father/son link between the Dastardly Diamond Dazzler (an enemy of the Impossibles) and Alexander Cabot the manager of Josie and the Pussycats…”

 

“So who actually reads this stuff?”

 

“Well there are three types of readers. There are quite a number of lurkers,” said Garycomic.

 

“A number of them! I had enough trouble with just one. He worked for One-Eye,” said Space Ghost.

 

“I’m thinking of teaming up with one and calling ourselves Pun-Guy and Lurker,” said Garycomic, “The second group of readers actually leave review feedback on the stories, which gives us the chance to respond. The last group is the rarest. It’s readers that are so keen on the material, that they read it, review it and then write spin-offs.”

 

“Well in fact our next guests met in just such a way,” said Space Ghost, “Thanks for being on the show, Garycomic, “Now here are my next guests, Girlfeast and Squish1. Now Squish1, with regard to what Garycomic and I were just saying, tell our viewers how you guys met.”

 

“I read a series of stories written by Girlfeast that particularly appealed to me called ‘The Feeding Dish’. I liked them so much that I started writing Feeding Dish spin-offs,” said Squish1.

“So Girlfeast, what’s the Feeding Dish series about?” asked Space Ghost.

“It’s set in a restaurant, where male patrons can go and be shrunken by waitresses,” said Girlfeast.

“And why would they do that?” asked Space Ghost, “Has the Evil Collector escaped from Dracto and gone into the cuisine industry?”

“No, well actually, the male patrons volunteer to be … well …. eaten by the full sized female patrons,” said Girlfeast.

“Oh gross!” said Zorak.

Space Ghost aimed one of his power band hands at Zorak and blasted him with enough force that would leave him smoking for the next few minutes of the show.

 

“So let me get this straight,” said Space Ghost, “Men and women go to this restaurant, and the women shrink and eat the men.”

 

“That’s about the size of it,” said Girlfeast.

 

“Sorry, but Space Ghost already used that pun in ‘Time of the Giants’,” said Moltar.

 

“I don’t remember that episode,” said Girlfeast.

 

“It was well documented in the Space Stars series with Teen Force and the Herculoids segments as well as Space Ghost adventures,” said Moltar.

 

“I don’t suppose you could take Moltar and Zorak and add them to the menu,” sighed Space Ghost.

 

“They only serve man, not mantis,” said Girlfeast, “Is there a man inside Moltar’s costume?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ve never looked,” said Space Ghost.

 

“Shrink me and serve me to women and I’ll have Harvey Birdman sue you for diminishment of character,” said Moltar.

 

“So… Girlfeast, why would anybody want to be eaten?” asked Space Ghost.

 

 “It’s just something you’re born with. You either want it or you don’t,” said Girlfeast, “With most guys who like giantess vore, it started when we were little kids.”

 

“I knew Bill and Joe should never have done that Flintstones episode called ‘Itty Bitty Fred’ nor that Partridge Family 2200AD episode called ‘Incredible Shrinking Keith’, not to mention the number of times people got shrunken in Superfriends,” said Space Ghost, “So Squish1, what would you say to men in our audience who’ve been harbouring a secret desire to be shrunken and eaten by women?”

 

“Well it’s wisest to marry a woman who doesn’t mind eating you, or better still, someone who’s quite keen on the idea. That way you can both stay together and save on divorce lawyers,” said Squish1.

 

“Well thank you, Girlfeast and Squish1. My last guest is Timescribe.”

 

“Hello Space Ghost,” said Timescribe.

 

“So what sort of stories do you write for Giantessworld?” asked Space Ghost.

 

“I’ve done some Hanna-Barbera fan fiction chapters in ‘Timescribe’s Double Drabbles’ and ‘Scooby Doo meets the Brady Bunch’ and ‘Challenge of the Superfriends: Fast Track to Earth Prime’ and ‘Alice in Giantland’. I’ve done other stories with my own characters, but I guess my most unique story was Ambloome, Princess of Giants,” said Timescribe.

 

“And what makes it unique?” asked Space Ghost.

 

“It’s 95 chapters of poetry. Each chapter is in fact a 500 word poem,” said Timescribe.

 

“What’s it about?”

 

“Amulets that transport Vikings and other earthlings into another dimension of giants. Some of them form romantic relationships. Some end up time travelling, having science fictional battles, saving earth from mind controlling maniacs, and so on. The story’s got everything,” said Timescribe.

 

“Everything except restaurants where men get eaten or plots about Batman getting shrunken by-“ said Zorak.

 

“Sorry about that. He must have recovered from my last blasting session,” said Space Ghost, proceeding to blast Zorak again, “So Timescribe, is it hard to tell a story when you’re bound to write in rhyme?”

 

“The dialogue can be challenging, and you have to limit it,” said Timescribe, “But it’s very satisfying. As far as I know, no single poem has ever gone that long in the 6000 years of earth’s history, not even Psalm 119 in the Bible.”

 

“Did anyone read it for that long?” asked Moltar.

 

“Giantessworld can monitor and report the read counts. At one point it was up to 7416 readers and Garycomic wrote me a review that said ‘7416 lurkers can’t be wrong. You’re really onto something good here.’. That was encouraging.”

 

“7416 lurkers!” said Space Ghost, “What if they make their way onto this show before we get to the-?”

 

The end theme for Space Ghost Coast to Coast cut in on Space Ghost’s question.

 

“Nobody miniaturizes the Mantis!” croaked Zorak, recovering enough from Space Ghost’s second blast to briefly interrupt the end theme, which then went on to finish.