- Text Size +

Phil looked through his keyhole as an armed SWAT team knocked on his door. He couldn’t believe that such a brutal crime had occurred next-door prompting a trained team of specialized police carrying assault weapons to clear out his condominium complex in the middle of Las Vegas. He and his hundred’s of fellow condo-mates made their way to the outside parking lot as the SWAT leader’s had told them too.

“I can’t believe they’re making us leave our homes for this shit. They should just do there jobs as they’ve done the past 100 years,” Phil said to a nearby crowd.

 

“Yeah, I’m with you man, this is bull. Why should we have to pay when probably known of us killed that couple,” an unidentified man that lived in the condo said.

 

Phil stood in front of the group of hundreds who called the Sandcastle Condominiums their home. Finally, a member of task force in charge of clearing out the condo made their way to the front of the crowd holding a microphone. Three other women followed her.

 

“Hello, my name is Catherine Willows and I’m a member of the CSI Las Vegas team. As many of you know, a bloody-murder occurred in apartment number 135. Two months ago, Congress passed a law permitting law enforcement to shrink crime-scenes down and place them in a one-foot by one-foot carrying box. We have yet to enact this in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, we will need to finally use this power on this current crime-scene.”

 

All at once everyone gasped. Phil knew what this would mean. He and his other neighbors would be shrunk down and placed in the secure hands of LVPD. Phil never thought this would happen to him as he lived in a wealthy community. All Phil knew was that the CSI team would only be allowed to shrink the condo and it’s dwellers down for one week. Everyone would live in a shrunken hotel that was held in the LVPD. They could be questioned and forced to give their DNA up part of the new law passed by Congress. Until the Supreme Court took the case, everything they would do under the law was considered legal.

 

“We will be setting up the shrinking system in the next 10 minutes. Since we’ve never done this before, we brought in outside help. Detective Calleigh Duquesne comes from Miami and Detective Stella Bonasera comes from New York. All three of us, along with my fellow LVPD Detective Sara Sidle will be over watching the investigation and your own needs. We felt it was necessary to shrink your condo and you as the media views this as a high profile case, so it will be much easier to work with your condo on our own desks. You will live in a miniaturized hotel for up to one week. We will place four matter-reducers around your building shrinking you down 1/30th of your original height. The 300-room, 400 person occupied condo that stands at 300 feet will be reduced to 3 feet tall. You will be ¼ of an inch tall. Once the shrinking commences, a bright light will surround yourselves and the condominium shrinking you down. The matter-reducers will be placed around the condominium and yourselves shrinking everything trapped between the four reducers. Portable traveling cases will be lowered in order to lift you to your hotel at our headquarters while two of us bring the condo into a truck. Our team of shrunken CSI and other law enforcement officers will then only be allowed to enter the condo which this crime occurred, room 135, unless given a warrant to search more. We are told to tell you that you are allowed to be shrunk under law for up to one week, as you could all be suspects. We will have more information for you once you arrive at LVPD. You have the choice to stay in the hotel or your own rooms, as the shrunken facility will be given electricity through a generator. By the way, stay on the parking lot as the shrinking occurs. Once it does, we will come and collect you so stay put, we don’t want to crush you. Thank you for your cooperation.”

 

Phil and his neighbors were outraged. They couldn’t believe that they would have to put their lives on hold because one person decided to kill two of their neighbors. Jon watched as the CSI ladies took long stick like devices, such as surveyors used, out of one of the law enforcement trucks. A few minutes later they returned, and every officer left the yellow-taped perimeter. A microphone could be heard.

 

“The shrinking will occur, brace yourselves everyone,” Willows blared through the speaker.

 

A few seconds later Phil looked up at his condo one last time as a bright light flashed covering the crowd of 400 people and their building. Phil was blinded for a few seconds and then came too. He looked around as nothing seemed to change except for the fact that the police lights and officers were no longer in view. After a few minutes of silence, Phil and the rest of the shrunken crowd grew tireless as they believed nothing happened. That’s when the ground beneath them began to shake.

 

BOOM.

 

BOOM.

 

BOOM.

 

Jon looked high above as four godlike pairs of feet surrounded the rectangular shaped condo and parking lot, which held the hundreds of miniaturized souls. He knew each giant high above was a women as the titanic sized feet wore black heels that brought the towering shoe’s at least 15 stories up the 35 story building above as the 600-foot tall CSI detectives faces began to lower towards the crowd and building below. The condo stood about waist level to the giants above.

 

“HELLO LITTLE ONES. I’M DETECTIVE SARA. IN A FEW MINUTES I WILL LOWER A CARRYING CASE THAT YOU WILL ENTER AND STAY IN UNTILL WE REACH HEADQUARTERS. I WILL LOOK AFTER YOU UNITLL YOU DECIDE TO GO BACK TO YOUR CONDO, OR GO TO THE TINY HOTEL PROVIDED BY US. JUST SO YOU KNOW, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU CHOOSE, ONE OF US WILL BE LOOKING OVER YOU GUYS AT NIGHT SO NO ONE BOTHERS YOU. ONCE I COLLECT YOU GUYS, CATHERINE, CALLEIGH AND STELLA WILL SECURE YOUR CONDO AND PLACE IT IN A VAN TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO OUR LAB. OKAY, I WILL BE PLACING THE CARRYING-CASE BELOW. IT CAN HOLD 500 OF YOU GUYS, SO THERE WILL BE SOME EMPTY SEATS.”

 

Phil looked up as a 200-foot long arms descended down as the 50-foot long hands dropped a case in front of the tinies. Jon and his other neighbors flooded into the box as they watched the titans above continue to keep an eye on them. Jon choose a seat in the middle of the box. He looked up as the ceiling was made of some sort of see-through plastic. After about 10-minutes, everyone was ready to go. Everybody craned their necks watching the gigantic hands place themselves on the sides of the carrying-compartment. Jon looked up as the towering beauties began to get closer and closer as the shoe-box sized room made its way up to the waists of the giants above. The condo dwellers looked up as their room began to shake as the goddess Sara began to walk towards a car. The three other giants smiled down to the miniaturized people as they looked up in amazement until they were out of view. Phil watched the face of the titan above. He couldn’t believe that a normal-sized woman was able to carry 400 people. The giant then stopped. Phil looked forward as a massive wall of denim stood in front of the box of tiny people. He looked up above as another giantess looked down at the contents of the box.

 

“LITTLE PEOPLE, THIS IS OUR LAB TECHNICIAN WENDY SIMMS, SHE WILL BE DEALING WITH DNA EVIDENCE ONCE SHE RECIEVES SOME FROM YOUR CONDO.”

 

“HELLO LITTLE GUYS, WHAT SARA DIDN’T SAY IS THAT EACH ONE OF YOU WILL NEED TO GIVE ME YOUR DNA ONCE WE GET TO THE LAB. I’LL SEE YOU AGAIN AT THE LAB.”

 

The brunette goddess disappeared as a massive car came into view. The giant woman opened the door. The box began to rise as the giant-protector took a seat in the front of the car. Phil looked up as the beautiful woman got comfortable. They began to lower again, until they were placed on Sara’s massive lap. Phil looked high above as the giant waited to be driven to the lab. Phil watched as the titanic drivers-side door opened revealing the redheaded Catherine Willows who took her seat. The giants began to speak as the tinies watched in amazement.

 

“WE SHOULD BE BACK TO THE LAB IN FIVE MINUTES, I HAD STELLA AND CALLEIGH TAKE THE CONDO. SINCE THEY’RE USE TO THIS SHRINKING THING I THOUGHT IT MADE SENCE FOR THEM TO HANDLE THE CRIME SCENE.”

 

“OKAY, I’LL JUST KEEP THE SUSPECTS IN MY LAP, BE CAREFUL DRIVING.”

 

Phil stared up as Catherine started the car. As much as he originally hated having to be shrunk down, he began to see it’s advantages as the giants above looked down upon him and his neighbors. He awaited to see what would happen at the lab, as he watched the giant hands of Sara keep the crate of 400 people still in the shoe-box sized room.