- Text Size +

The thunderous footsteps were getting closer and Celestia was tiring. The exhausted fairy had been flying for more than twenty minutes, yet her pursuers still hadn't given up the chase. Tiny droplets of sweat fell from the diminutive woman as she just barely avoided flying into a nearly invisible spider web. Unfortunately, while she had escaped that unpleasant fate, the burst of speed took more out of Celestia than she had hoped, and as a result, she felt her little wings start to falter.

Not too far behind, she heard the excited yelping of dogs, and a loud human voice call out, "She's not far now boys!"

Terrified at the thought of being captured by these humans, Celestia inhaled deeply and forced her aching wings to beat faster. Still, she knew that it was only a matter of time now. With the dogs guiding their masters, the fairy would not be able to hide or have time to use her magic to escape.

Five minutes later, it was clear that the chase was all but over. The humans had gained considerable ground and little Celestia could go no further. Defeated, the first fearful tears dripped down her smooth cheeks. She shuddered at the thought of what these humans would do to her. Already this mob had found her small village and tore it to pieces. So fast had the attack come, that Celestia had been one of the few to escape the initial slaughter of her sister fairies.

As she clung to a small branch, preparing for the inevitable, a familiar melodic voice called out to her, "Celestia! Celestia! Over here!"

From a hole in the tree trunk, a blue haired fairy waved frantically to Celestia. Even though it wouldn't provide much of a hiding place from the fast approaching humans, the desperate woman rushed to the hole. Once inside, she noticed that her blue haired friend, Brijette, wasn't alone in the small cavern, and another friend, Minxanna, was also sharing the hiding place. From the looks of things, both of them were just as tired as Celestia.

Brijette took Celestia by the hand and said, "Minxanna and I are going to try and cast a spell to get out of here. Do you think you can help us?"

Brushing a lock of reddish pink hair from over her eye, Celestia sighed, "I don't think so, I'm too exhausted to concentrate."

"It's ok," the blonde haired Minxanna said with a reassuring smile, "Your presence here will still make the spell a little bit stronger."

Forming a circle and clasping hands, Brijette and Minxanna began to recite words to a spell, while Celestia added a few words when she could.

The three fairies were still chanting, when the dogs found their tree.

"Hurry!", Celestia pleaded with her friends, as the dogs clawed at the tree and snarled savagely.

Minutes later the humans lumbered into the clearing. Seeing that their dogs had the fairies treed, the hunters rushed forward with their nets at the ready. Almost immediately, the men saw the hole in the tree trunk and heard the unmistakable voices of fairies coming from within it.

The hunting party's leader, Karl, put his eye to the hole and watched as the three tiny women desperately chanted the words to a spell.

Inside, the fairies continued to work, even as they sensed the human's presence as he looked in at them. Not wanting to taste whatever magic the women were working, Karl quickly looked away from the hole, and thrust his hand inside in hopes of squashing the fairies before they unleashed their spell.

Before he could grasp them though, Minxanna spoke the final word of the chant and watched as a small portal opened before her. Grabbing her friends, she leaped into the mystical door and hoped for the best . . .

While Celestia and her friends tumbled through the portal, Karl headed home disappointed. After trompsing through the forest all day, he and his fellow townspeople had hoped to capture each and every fairy from the nearby village. Despite not getting them all, he still felt confident that the three who had escaped wouldn't dare come back to his usually quiet town . . . or, so he prayed.

To humans and every other intelligent species, for that matter, fairies were nothing more than cruel vermin. Despite their small size, the diminutive women were armed with powerful magics and sharp, yet flighty, minds. At best, they were pests that would clean out a vegetable garden in a single night, and at worst, they could be vindictive troublemakers capable of almost anything.

Only days before, the fairies had taken up residence near Delle's Cove and almost immediately had made the neighboring human villagers miserable with all sorts of pranks. Quick and elusive, the little beauties were often heard, but rarely seen by the people they victimized. Eventually though, the scatter brained creatures generally became careless and ended up getting caught. This was when the real trouble began . . .

A particularly mean-spirited fairy, named Verlonna, had nearly been stoned by an angry farmer who suffered through a week of his field-hands being transformed into toads . While she had escaped injury, the tiny hellion was furious that anybody would have the nerve to strike out at her while she was trying to have fun. Once the angry fairy told her sisters what happened, promises of swift revenge were made.

As nightfall fell over Delle's Cove, the fairies made their move. The first to fall prey to their fury was the farmer who attacked Verlonna. Not bothering for any type of subtlety, the tiny women simply burned the man's house to the ground . . . with him inside of it. Their second act was just as vile, as they secretly poisoned the town's water well. Within the day, several dozen people fell violently ill, much to the wicked fairies' delight.

After the villagers deduced that the fairies were the source of the sicknesses, a hunting party was sent out to eliminate the murderous sprites. Highly motivated, the humans quickly discovered the fairy village and caught nearly every girl, save for a few lucky survivors . . .

In the meantime, while the people of Delle's Cove worked to recover from the fairies' cruel pranks, the three escapees approached their new home.

In their haste to escape, the tiny women didn't bother selecting a particular destination, and only specified a place that would be "safe". As a result the trio hurtled out of control through their magical portal before it opened above ground First out the door was Minxanna. The blonde haired trouble maker hit the dirt with a thud, before Brijette tumbled down on top of her. As the two dazed fairies tried to untangle themselves from each other, Celestia crashed into the pile too.

"Get off", Minxanna squeaked.

"No you get off!"

"No! You!"

With her two friends providing a cushion, Celestia escaped the fall relatively unscathed. Rolling off the pile, she ignored the squabbling fairies, and scanned the surrounding area.

Noticing a most interesting sight on the ground, she marveled, "Oooo What's that?"

…..

Officer Barron's routine traffic stop had turned upside down, literally. Writing up a warning for speeding, he never got the chance to issue it. Before he even left his patrol car, the entire earth beneath him seemed to be ripping apart. The sounds of splintering trees, followed immediately by three distinct rapid fire "explosions" sent his cruiser rolling over and over on its side.

Stunned, Barron looked out his shattered windows and saw . . . legs, enormous, shapely legs towering high above. So mesmerized by the miraculous sight that he didn't notice that some how the light bar on top of his cruiser was still flashing blue and red.

Celestia's sharp eyes, on the other hand, immediately spied the curious light show. Reaching down, she grasped the damaged police car and brought it skyward to her eyes . . .

With her friends still tangled together, Celestia was delighted to have the wondrous twinkling object all to herself for a moment. Roughly the size of her middle finger, and weighing practically nothing at all, she found the curious discovery quite adorable. Yet, much to her frustration, she had no clue what it actually was. Celestia had the impression there was something hidden in the object, and so she gave it a small, experimental shake, while holding it next to her ear. The fairy's action was rewarded when her sensitive hearing detected the unmistakeable sound of tiny, frightened squeaks from inside her prize.

Highly intrigued now, she gazed down at her find with renewed interest. Again Celestia lifted the object to her eye, and squinted at it for a more thorough inspection. So wrapped up in her puzzle though, the reddish haired girl didn't notice her friends were finally on their feet, and staring covetously at the small item she held.

Brijette was the first to try and snatch it. "Oooo pretty!"

"NO! It's mine!" Celestia scolded, while slapping away the incoming hand.

Even without looking away from Brijette, Celestia smacked Minxanna's stealthy hand as well. As the blonde pouted and plotted a way to get the enticing object, Celestia shielded it from view, while flashing greedy, warning glares at each of her companions

Not caring to feel the sting of her friend's slap again, Brijette did her best to peak at the red and blue flashing object from a safe distance.

"C'mon Cell" she said. "I wanna see it too. "What is it?"

Cautious of her friends', but unable to tear her attention away from the fascinating little thing in her hand for long, Celestia peered back down at it.

"I don't know what it is, but I'm sure there's something inside…and it's mine."

Brijette buzzed with mounting excitement. "Something inside? Like…like a present?

If there was one thing every fairy loved, it was a present.

Translucent wings flapping thoughtfully, Minxanna purred, "But who would leave a gift for us here? It's silly. Just open it up already Cell"

Celestia's eyes scanned the miniature object for any obvious opening. When none could be found, she shrugged, and snapped the strange metal "present" in half. Disappointed the fairies watched as the twinkling red and blue lights instantly stopped, but then another small movement caught their attention.

…..

Too many frantic thoughts raced through Officer Barron's mind to focus on any one for more than a second. Amidst the rapidly unfolding horror all around him though, he did remember thinking, "how can women be THIS big?"

Things moved with frightening speed from his perspective. Following the rapid fire "explosions" that flipped his cruiser, titanic bared toes filled the view from his windshield, and then came the fingers wrapping around the whole car. Temporarily enclosed in that darkness, Barron could only sense the stomach turning ascent to the pink-and-red haired girl's face.

…..

"What are you?" Celestia asked.

Barron was too freaked out to answer, and could only cower in the immense palm of his captor.

Celestia would not be ignored though. Finger jabbing in Barron's direction, she said, "Hey! You! I asked you a question."

"I'm getting bored, just squash it, and let's go" Minxanna huffed.

Possessing the minuscule attention span of most fairies, that idea seemed agreeable to Celestia, and she would have followed through with it, if Brijette hadn't intervened first.

"No! Wait! Let me talk to it. Maybe the little thing's brain is too small to understand us" she said.

Deciding to humor her friend, the redhead held her palm up to Brijette's face, much to Minxanna's annoyance.

Smiling hugely, Brijette boomed, "HE-LL-O! ME BRIJ-ETTE. WHAT YOUR NAME!?"

Sweet smelling, warm gusts of wind buffeted Barron with every syllable spoke, and if the hand he was trapped on hadn't been so large, he surely would have been blown off. Terrified as he was though, the police officer understood communicating with this blue haired titan might be his only hope of survival. Summoning every bit of nerve and courage, he looked up at the eager face, and waved timidly.

"I…I'm Kevin. Kevin Barron."

Grinning hugely, Brijette looked at her friends. "He speaks fairy!"

The other two girls were silent. Heads cocked a bit to the side, they regarded the tiny creature through narrowed eyes. Possessing incredibly acute senses of hearing, the fairies detected the clumsy, unrhytmic voice of something that sounded almost like a human male.

"What are you Kevin Kevin Barron?" Celestia said, repeating her earlier question.

Minxanna didn't bother waiting for an answer. "Human. It sounds kind of like a human's voice."

Eyes wide, Brijette looked down at the tiny figure, and then began to laugh uncontrollably. "You sillies, he's too itty bitty to be a human!"

Celestia glanced at her friend, and leaned her face closer to Barron. "Are you a human?"

Three pairs of eyes watched his head nod 'yes'

"Oh my god" Celestia squeaked. Never could she imagine a human being so hopelessly tiny, much less stuck in her hand like this. Excitement gripped her, causing her already rapid heart beat to increase to even higher rates.

Cutting through everything was Minxanna. "How'd you get so small?"

Barron didn't know how to answer, but he knew from the expressions on the beautiful blonde's face, he better say something. "I'm not small. It's you…It's you. You're giant size."

Minxanna felt her own excitement building. "Then…then that means…no, it's impossible…"

"So…so that means, on this world the fairies are big, and humans are…are small?" Brijette interrupted with a whisper, as if she would be ridiculed by mentioning such a ridiculous notion. Still, the reality and truth of what she said sat in Celestia's soft hand, and the trio couldn't deny what they saw. After a moment of pondering, three simultaneous grins lit each of the fairies' faces.

"The humans are small, and we're BIG" the three girls proudly proclaimed in unison.

Giggling now, all three hopped up and down together, while singing, "The humans are small, and we're big! The humans are small, and we're big! The humans are small, and we're big!"

A few miles away, in the nearest city, slight tremors shook the unsuspecting citizens from their daily routines …