- Text Size +
As the whistle blew, Randall was about to run to his standard spot when he saw a streak of black pass him. Sprinting for the ball was Alexksandr, which in Randall’s opinion was a death sentence when he wasn’t fast enough to get to the ball in time. Being a little taller than Randall allowed Alexksandr to run faster but it still wasn’t enough. To Randall’s surprise, Alexksandr darted to the right running in a half moon.
Jason spotted this and told his teammates to go after him. After three balls where thrown at him, Alexksandr jumped and turn backwards like a high jumper. Jumping over the first ball, Alexksandr grabbed the second one in mid-air as he started to get close to the ground. Twisting his upper torso, Alexksandr did a small roll and swiped his right hand with the ball to his right to deflect the third ball. After the thrown ball bounced off of Alexksandr’s, he launched his right at Jason’s left ankle. In less than five seconds Alexksandr was able to take out two players of the other team without breaking a sweat.
“Now I can’t just let the new kid show me up now can I?” whispered Randall under his breath as he made his move.
Running diagonally to his left Randall spotted a couple players trying to intimidate his team from claiming a couple of the balls. Running towards the closest ball, Randall stopped immediately on purpose to let a ball whiz right pass where he was supposed to be. Taking his foot he kicked the ball high into the air as twisted to the side and caught another ball that was aimed at him. With a player from the other team looking up to try and catch the ball, Randall threw the ball right into the guy’s stomach. After getting hit, the boy lost his concentration as Randall slid on the ground between his legs to catch his kicked ball.
The game went on for a couple of minutes as players came in and out as their teammates caught the other team’s balls. Jason was frequently running in and out, but was always sent back by either Alexksandr or Randall. This keep going for a little while until only Jason was left of the other team. The majority of Randall’s team had been eliminated repeatedly, but was continuously brought back. Facing down the last opponent Randall took a small step forward and stretched out his right hand palm forward. Seeing this as a challenge, Jason sent the ball blazing towards Randall. Being extremely focused, Randall saw every detail as the ball got closer to his small frame. The ball seemed as if it was moving in slow motion as it met with his fingertips. Applying the right amount of force with his fingers, Randall let his arm go back with the correct amount of speed as the ball started to lose all of its rotation. Taking a step back, Randall allowed the ball to keep going till it was moving slowly enough that he could keep ahold of it. Swinging his hand forward, he brought his hands together with the ball as he declared game.
The next few games ended up the same with both Alexksandr and Randall matching each other move for move. Aaron couldn’t decide which of the two was better. Alexksandr’s movements seemed timed and precise, while Randall’s was pure instinct and reflexive. Having called the last game they were headed towards the locker room when Alexksandr shouted a taunt towards Jason in Russian.
“What the hell did you just say to me?” Jason yelled as he started marching towards Alexksandr.
“In English it would mean that I’m surprised that you play football based on how sloppy you played just now.” said Alexksandr spreading his legs while crossing his arms.
“Do you have a death wish you Dutch douche bag.” yelled Jason leaning forward into Alexksandr’s eyes.
“I’m Russian you retard and if you don’t want to be embarrassed you should back off now while you have the chance.”
This time Randall even noticed the change in Alexksandr. His eyes seemed different as if he was enjoying himself instead of being cautious. Taking a step forward he was stopped as the large hand of Aaron’s held him back. As he was looking back from Aaron, Randall noticed as Jason’s fist rocketed forward towards Alexksandr’s face.
Faster than Jason’s fist and everyone around except for Randall to see, Alexksandr ducked under Jason’s arm and hopped to the left. Once his feet touched the ground and Jason was retracting his fist, Alexksandr shot his left leg off the ground and smashed it into Jason’s kneecap. Bringing the giant down to his level, Alexksandr took a step forward and used his right forearm as a bar to hit Jason’s next attack at the wrist. Using the momentum he slid his forearm up Jason’s arm as his other hand extended in a fist to make contact with Jason’s throat. Crouching down and back to avoid a grapple, Alexksandr took a step forward and brought both of his hands forward towards Jason’s head hitting both ears. Dazed and confused Jason tried one more punch before Alexksandr dodged and sent a side kick at his jaw knocking him unconscious.
Lying on the ground knocked out, Alexksandr took a step forward and stomped on Jason’s hurt knee a few times. Before Randall grabbed Alexksandr by the shirt to get him out of the way, he heard a light pop as he knew that Jason’s knee was now dislodged. Practically trying to throw Alexksandr off, Randall took a step forward to start yelling at the guy. Looking into Alexksandr’s eyes, Randall saw what he believed was pure bliss.
“What the hell did you do that for!?” yelled an outraged Randall.
“Teaching someone a lesson.” replied Alexksandr calmly.
“Not that, he was already unconscious, but why did you continue when he couldn’t!?”
“I just did something that you are afraid of doing, but I thought that of all people you would understand.”
With this Alexksandr shoved Randall out of the way and headed towards the locker room with what seemed like a smirk in Randall’s opinion. He would have to keep an eye on this guy.