- Text Size +

Lisa is alone.  She lays on her side, discarded in the dark, left alone.  Her mind deals with the realization of her situation.  No longer does she feel the warm study, firm yet plush structure that use to be behind her.  That massive frame that gave her form for so long, for so many hours, is now gone and she is alone in the dark.  There is nothing more for her to do now, nothing more for her threat over, nothing more for her to worry about.  Now she can only sit there, in the dark, all alone, and wait for what is to come.  She is left waiting for an absolution that may never come.

It’s at that moment the door swings wide open and Aelita looks down to the girl wrapped up in the fetal position on her closet floor. 

“Is there a reason you’re hiding in the closet.  Something I should know about?”

Lisa looks up to the girl.  She is unsure whether to be fearful or slightly miffed at the girl’s comment.  Lisa is wearing the same cloths she wore yesterday before she was abducted by the girl that stands before her.  Aelita just wears an unflattering short sleeve shirt and sweatpants, but she does wear her hair out.  She looks down to the younger teen with a rather annoyed stare on her face.  She is annoyed that, this girl who would kidnap her and have her way with her, would now look to her as if she has the problem.  So she turns and leaves from in front of the closet and walks back over to her bed and finishes her work of securing her dress to a hanger. 

“You know, there are still some pancakes downstairs if you want.”

“You’re just trying to make me fat...so you can eat me.”

‘I don’t think this girl is a cannibal.’ Her watch like device responds.  ‘I sense no deception in her voice.’

‘Go away.’  Lisa thinks to the device.

‘Well, as you know, this is YOUR fault, and I have no way of actually walking on my own.’

Lisa’s mind remains quiet. 

“Well, if you must know, before I left your hotel, I left a note on your table telling your parents that you were going to hang out with a friend you met.  So they shouldn’t be worried.”

“How do you know?”

“They left their teenage daughter alone in a hotel with an odd device that can shrink people at will, and from I suspect can do much more.  And if you don’t mind, get something to eat, go to the bathroom so I can get you out of my house.”

The girl finally sits up.

“I’m the one who should want out of this witches layer!”

“Yes, well if you hadn’t noticed, you don’t see too many witches in reality do you? There is a reason for that.  I assume it’s the same reason why your little device isn’t available on the shelves of your local Sears.”

Lisa pouts a little, knowing full well the girl is absolutely right.

“Are those pancakes hot?”

“No…they are a little liquid at the moment.  You’ll have to cook them yourself.  My parents have gone out, and I refuse to tell you if I have other siblings.”

Lisa has no comment. 

‘I could say something…but I don’t want to.’

After about an hour, Lisa hops into Aelita’s almost brand new Focus and the two drive off back towards the airport.  Its an hour long drive, but its mid day on a Saturday so there is no traffic.  The entire time, Lisa looks out the window with her arms crossed.  All in all, she really isn’t that upset with how things are turning out.  In reality, she realizes that she and this girl actually have a lot in common and a lot of similar interests.  It eventually forces her to reply,

“I guess I should say sorry for what I did. It was wrong…it’s just that…I was board…”

“And lonely.” Aelita finishes.

“Yeah…I guess you can say that.”

“Huh, try being a six year old witch.  If you don’t use ‘em, you don’t lose them…they just build up inside of you.  Once you hit about ten or twelve…that’s the end of it.  A simple sneeze can turn a friend into a puff of smoke.  Fortunately those types of spells are so unstable that they reverse almost instantly.”

“Wait…you turned someone into a puff of smoke?”

“Just once.  I hadn’t used my abilities for the better part of a year. Fortunately, a person isn’t that pliable.  Every human inherently has the ability to use our powers…the only difference from me and them is that, my parents had these abilities and they were active.  As a result, my body was use to feeling these powers actively.  It’s like…an energy field…or a blanket.  And when you feel it, you can feel it around other people, animals, and things.  So you can bend the blanket.  Yet, people especially are more aware of this blanket than you think, and they want to keep it the same as much as possible.  So if you perform a spell like that the way I did, their minds will force their bodies to return to their original form.”

“So how is that different from what you did to me?”

“I did it consciously. When you focus your energy on it, you can force the object, or you in this case you, into a new form and then block it from being able to return to normal.  It’s the first thing you learn when you learn to morph things.”

Lisa thinks about it for a while, but the watch instantly replies,

‘That is a very interesting process.  She is taking advantage of the…’

“I don’t care to hear about the science.”

“What science…I don’t know any science…or how you would really truly describe it.”

“No, not you…this watch thing.  It communicates with me telepathically.  Right now it’s on a privacy mode.    I couldn’t tell you how this thing works.  All I know is that, alien beings kidnapped some people a few thousand years ago and a decade ago the descendants of the people they took showed up.  So my parents are trying to figure out how to take samples of their technology to benefit Earth.”

“Huh…they didn’t take them out to Area 51 and experiment on them?”  She asks honestly.

“First…Area 51 is just an Air Force testing facility for man-made products, like the Stealth Fighter.  That thing in Roswell was just a balloon.  A Soviet balloon, but a balloon none the less.  These people knew landing on the National Mall wouldn’t be that good of an option, so they contacted people in the government they figured they could trust.  Took ten years for the government to listen to them and realize they weren’t out to take over or kill us all…and that took a field trip to their home planet.  It’s like the Hillbillies going to Beverly Hills and visa versa.”

“Huh…I guess it would be.”

“Oh, yeah, apparently this thing is actually a training device.  Apparently they have abilities similar to yours.” 

“Well, if it’s a training device, then you should know how to use some of my abilities.”

‘Fat chance.’

“Go away.”

“The watch?”

“Yeah.”  Lisa moans. 

Aelita lets out a little laugh.  Lisa feels embarrassed, so she changes the subject.

“So what about you, why didn’t you bop that guy last night?”

“Bop?”  Aelita responds while exiting onto I-95. 

“Have sex…you know what I mean.  He probably did it with himself when he got home.”

(For the record, when Aerlita’s date got home, he too had too little energy to do much.  So once he managed to get the majority of his rented tux off, he fell into bed and fell asleep…then had sex with Aelita)

“Well first, I am glad I didn’t have sex with him because I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with myself.  Too many people rush into sex thinking it’s going to make them feel better about themselves and a relationship, and the only thing they end up with is resenting each other. Second, we didn’t even have a condom.”

“Did you ask him, I bet he had one in his wallet.”

“No he didn’t, I know him, he wouldn’t have had one.”

“Then why didn’t you just make one, you’re a witch.  Just take a napkin and make one.”

“Or I could have made one from my new pair of panties?” Aelita states with a knowing smile.

Lisa’s scowl is short lived before she starts up,

“Ewww. There is no way I would have been a condom for your sexual fun.”

“And how would you know?  What choice would you have had?  Besides, I went up your space, it would have only been fair for you to go up mine.” 

“But on some guy’s dick?”

“It’s called a Penis.”  Aelita states like a doctor.

“Whatever.”  Lisa states placing her elbow on the door in order to support her head.

Yet, after a few moments, the thought of being in that situation…it actually…

“Oh God.”  Lisa exclaims as her watch begins to play I’ll make love to you, only replacing the ‘to’ with ‘with’ (and ‘I’ll hold you tight’ to ‘you’ll hold me tight’) all while making it sound like it was originally apart of the tune.

“What?”

“First…this thing needs to be thrown in the river, second…I…”

“What…you actually thought about that condom thing?” Aelita states in a near laugh.

“Don’t blame me…it just popped in my head.  That’s so disgusting.”

“Why?  Its kind of sexual.”

“What?”

“Well…let’s think about it.  We are all thinking about sexual things, looking for new sexual experiences, so of course when you hear something like that, it pops into your mind.  It’s natural.”

“Yeah, well…” she turns to Aelita, “…what would something like that feel like anyway?”

“Well, there is only one way to find out.”

“Not with you obviously.”

“Hey, if you really want to try it out, I am sure we can figure something out. But it’s up to you.”

Lisa isn’t sure which surprises her more, the fact that she is talking about something so personal with a girl she basically just met, the fact that she just dispensed classified information to someone and the black helicopters haven’t descended on her by now, or the fact that she is actually considering the girl’s offer.

And while Lisa deals with the issue that she may be some sort of sexed up, nymphomaniac pervert, a slightly less than discrete ice cream truck communicates with a Black Hawk Helicopter overhead as it tracks the two teens. 

 

So the moral here is

Be careful what highly classified government secrets you leak out…especially when you are right around the corner from the NSA, the FBI and the CIA.

Ahhh, Maryland