- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not that much in this chapter,just a bit of suspense.

"What do you want from me,Edward?"

"Call me the Riddler,Batman"

"Fine,what do you want...Riddler?"

"I want to know who you are?"

"I am Batman"

"Funny,who are you when you're not Batman?"

"Batman"

The Riddler turned around from his computer screen and stared Batman in the face.He could see the ill eyes behind the mask that melted onto Bruces face.Oh,what he would do to see the true identity of Batman.

"What do you want me to trade with you for your real identity?"

"I don't take bribes,Edward.You should know that"

"Well,there is a first time for everything?"

"Yeah,like riding a bike"

"Or telling your secret identity"

"Or getting punched in the face by Batman""

What?"

Batman quickly smacked the Riddler right in the mouth and then punched him right inbetween his eyes and nose.

"YOU BASTARD!"

"Welcome to Arkham,dick"

"When will you show who you really are?"


"When hell freezes over"

"Well,I guess that day is now"

"Never,asshole,you won't ever know who I really am"

"Really? Let us see about that"

The Riddler take a punch right into Batmans gut,which made Batman stumble about for a second.Batman got back and twisted the Riddlers arm,grabbing him into a headlock and smashing him into the ground.

"Want me to stop?"

"Ple.....Pl....Plea....Please.....Stop""Ok"

"Thank yo-"


Batman slammed him into the floor and wall one more time,before throwing the Riddler of the podium he was standing on.

"Why do you do this,Edward? You had such a good life and....and you ruined it"

"Because"

"Because what?"

"I wanted to"

"Whatever"

"Hey,Batman,before you leave"

"Yes,Edward?"

"Riddle me this,What is small and red and white that blows up?"

"What is it?"

"Guess Batman,it IS all around you"

Batman punched the floor to reveal C4 placed everywhere.It was neatly stacked so that the maximum amount of C4 could be placed.

"Now,who do you want to die? The police,who is in the next room,or you?"

"I don't believe you"

"Why not?"

"Because you're insane"

"More of a reason to do it I guess"

"Show me them"

"Why would I do that?"

"Why not?"

"You will do something that will backfire and stop me from blowing you two up"

"Show me him"

"Fine"

The Riddler quickly pushed a few buttons on his computer screen and the wall behind Batman was lifted up.Batman looked around the corner and saw another police man,strapped in a chair with a mouth full of C4.

"HOLD ON! I WILL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!"

"Actually,no you won't Batman"

"And who is going to stop me?"

Batman stared at the Riddler,with venom in his eyes,like a cobra that is ready to pounce and eat another animal.He moved at a slow pace towards the Riddler.The Riddler started to back up and reached for the trigger for the C4.Batman threw a batarang and grabbed the trigger,threw it on the floor and smashed it with his right foot.

"Please,let him and me go"

"NEVER! NOT UNTIL YOU REVEAL WHO YOU ARE!"

"I will NEVER do that,Edward"

"Fine,die then"

The Riddler pushed the power button on his computer and a wall appeared,locking the Riddler inside of the new box he had created.The metal box went up an elevator and dissepeared.Batman turned to the police man,who was crying after trying to spit the C4 out.

"DON'T WORRY! I WILL SAVE YOU!"

Batman ran to the computer screen and saw the timer appear.

10 MINUTES

9:59 MINUTES

9:58 MINUTES

9:57 MINUTES