- Text Size +

Another busy day at the beach front resort, another day of scavenging and avoiding detection for the tiny, bug sized beings who inhabited the land before the humans and anthros showed and built their big buildings, their resorts and the tourists showed.

Couples walked along the sidewalks as they talked and held hands and college kids here on spring break paused to partake of a vendor's wares as the unseen inhabitants of the resort worked to etch out an existence.

From the foliage of a potted plant that lined the walkways of the food court and served as a central hub that lead to all areas of the resort came some tiny movement, that of the original inhabitants of the area, several handfuls of small humanoid beings of almost elf like appearance, clad in simple wraps, just enough to cover their unmentionables.

With a practiced ease born from years of staying hidden and avoidance of the giants who now occupied their former home they began to approach the walkway, initially terrified at the giants that moved across the red brick expanse. From the small ones perspective, all they could see was the varied movement of redwood sized legs and various feet that were either bare, or clad in sandals, flip-flops, slip ons or tennis shoes.

There was terror; it'd be insanity not to feel it as the small creatures looked to the press of legs and feet as the trampled the path. But finally, one showed his bravery and with an audible swallow darted into the fray, and managed to avoid a tennis shoe as it thumped down heavily beside him.

Another near miss, this time by the bare foot of a male, the small pointed ear creature hastened his step getting further and further and trying to ignore the sound of feet hitting sidewalk. As he neared the other side where the food courts lay he stumbled. With a pained wince he scrambled to his feet and turned his head in time to see the sole of a set of black, sparkly Ballerina flats. Each footfall set off a small rumble where he was and fear prevented him from moving. The shoe lifted and offered him a view of the black, grit covered sole.

But fate was once again a kind mistress as it thumped down and barely missed his shaken form, a short gust of wind the only punishment from the quickly retreating form. But the fear was already deep rooted in his form and he didn't have the wits to move as a pair of patent leather pumps thundered towards him and his vision filled with the grey dust covered tread as a business skirt clad tour guide brought her foot down upon his cowering form.

A flash of pain shocked the tiny man back to reality, but far too late to do him any good as his knees shattered from the incalculable weight that now came crashing down. His last memory was that of hearing his own organs and bones being crushed and smeared against the woman's shoe sole and then blackness.

The other tiny beings watched, shock setting in as they watched their brethren reduced to a mass of red, twitching meat that stuck to the murdering sole.

With a grunt in an indiscernible language and a wave of a hand, a female spurs the survivors on, wanting to get across as quick as possible now. As one the group rushes the concrete walk way and the maze of unaware giants and giantesses all figuring the best way to avoid death is to be as quick as possible in traversing the deadly path.

Their bravery met with some success as two made it across with little incident, a few near misses at worst. But the initiator of the charge was not so lucky; her death came to her instants after she saw it. A barefoot that belonged to an anthropomorphic wolf filled her view and the black paw pads darkened her sky before landing heavily upon her form and sliding forward leaving only her upper body expose as it ground her against the rough surface like wheat against a millstone. Her screams were unheard by her killer, but those at ground level so her face redden and her eyes bulge with pain as ungodly screams came for her open moth.

There was a brief twist, a horrid crack and then stillness as the body was left a convulsing mass of broken bone and ruptured parts and her death was slow as the other organs failed from the damage shortly before a stiletto heel pierced her skull and ended her suffering, her body slowly carried off as it was skewered.

If any survived this day the images seen would haunt them until they met their maker. All that remained of their comrade was a greasy stain which some random passerby with some sense of courtesy wiped up and deposited into a trash can. A wretched burial and a wretched end.

A luckier member, a plucky young female, with flowing red hair darted and zigzagged as if possessed by the god of speed himself, vaulting over shoes and darting under heels.

She had all the grace of an Olympian as she continued her crazed dash, tucking and rolling to avoid the polished heels of a human female, then sliding to avoid the barefoot of a cheetah, barely missing the wiggling, musky toes and pink painted toe claws. However she misjudged the slide just as the ball of the other foot presses her against the floor, not long enough to slaughter and kill her, but enough that she felt several bone become nothing more than powder inside her body.

The other foot comes down as its owner feels something unpleasant against it and grinds her into the floor, smearing her over the flooring and about the creases in the cheetah's sole as her body explodes into a blossom of blood which oozes between the cheetah's toes.

The cheetah stops after a moment, and makes a eww sound as she hops on one foot to examine the mess, nearly tripping and falling over as she digs the remains and gore from between her bloodied toes.

A mutter of I just got my pedicure is muttered as she hobbled to a nearby fountain to wash herself, causing quite the scene and creating a pause in the walkway traffic.

It was a disaster, a massacre, out of the untold number that started, only a scant few survived the gauntlet of pedestrian death and so many of their number were now paste along the floor of the giant's gathering spot.

One lone tiny remained and he was having a time of it as traffic resumed after watching the spectacle of whining that the cheetah teen had made.

His eyes widened as he saw salvation, saw the other end of the walkway, saw the food court that kept his kind sustained after the giants came and destroyed the land for this...resort.

Salvation was not to come for him this day as he felt the wind knocked from him. Through a haze of pain and tears and the burning heat of broke ribs he was able to make out the bare toes of an Asian looking woman clad in a one piece bikini with a t-shirt covering her, bright purple flip-flops in hand as the dirty sand and grey dirt covered sole covered him, pressed down.

"Ew a bug," was the last things he heard as the pressure increased and his sight was filled with colors and stars while his head began to crack and distort.

A sound akin to a ketchup bottle being squeezed filled his already bleeding ears as his body was crushed and compacted, the sight of his torso distorting and opening up like a poorly created burrito horrified him before the irritated grumble of the Asian woman was heard again and a sharp crack and splat was heard.

With an irritated side, the Asian girl wobbled over to an attendant and lifted her greasy, blood stained sole.

"You guys really need to spray for bugs, this is so gross!"