- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Wow! I have been gone for a while haven't I. Sorry about that folks. I've been buried in work recently and haven't been able to do anything fun in the past few weeks. I'd like to say that the worst is over and I'll be able to post chapters more often but unfortunately that might not be the case. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

"Matt I'm just as confused as you." Said Karen. "Ever since we became friends after Barty's death I've had these feelings for you. But it's okay, now that we know we both feel the same way, we can do something."

"We can't do anything!" Matt replied. "This is wrong, we'll be looked down on."

"Who cares what society thinks!? You're a big boy, you can make your own decisions!"

"..."

"If we both like each other, and we want to be together, why should people we don't even know stop us?" She continued. "Matthew Fredricks, I want to be your girlfriend!"

Matt stood there silently thinking about what Karen just said. She was right, he liked her, he wanted to be with her, he wanted to spend every moment of his life with her, so what was stopping him?

"I love you Karen." Said Matt.

Karen leaped forward and embraced him, tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was glad that they had made up and know both knew where they stood. She spent the night at his house. When she woke up she smiled, remembering the events that had transpired the previous night. After they hugged, they started to kiss and slowly moved into Matt's bedroom. They got into his bed and made love. But this time, it felt right, because they loved each other.

She turned to her right to face Matt, he was still sound asleep. She watched him for a while, until he opened his eyes. He smiled at her.

"Good morning." He said.

"Morning, how did you sleep?"

"Like a baby." He replied.

They spoke for a while before Karen had to get up and go to work.

"Don't you have work?" She asked.

"Not today." He said. "Why don't you come back here after work and we can have dinner together.

"That sounds nice." She said as she got dressed.

"Take my spare key." He said. "It's in the top drawer right next to the front door.

"Thanks."

Matt got out of bed as soon as Karen left to go to the bathroom and start his morning routine. He showered, then brushed his teeth, then ate some breakfast and finally sat at his computer to catch up on some work that he had put on hold for a while. As he was typing on his computer he felt an excruciating pain in his stomach. He fell on the floor, writhing in agony before passing out.

When Matt woke up, he was in a very unfamiliar environment. He looked around and all he could see was red grass all around him. He started to walk around, exploring this strange, new environment. After walking for a few minutes, he bumped into something... leathery. He fell backwards and looked up, it was a beige tower. After analysing this tower for about a minute he finally realised what it was. It was a couch, it was his couch.

"What the fuck is this shit?" He asked himself.

He stood up and looked all around him. He was surrounded by all of his furniture. What had happened? Why was everything so massive? Suddenly, Matt felt tremors in the ground. At first it was very faint but every second the tremors were getting louder and stronger. Eventually, it felt like there was an earthquake taking place. Matt lost his balance and looked towards his now massive door. That was the source of the tremors. He heard something being put into the lock and the door swung open. There, in the open doorway was the silhouette of Karen.

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a rating and a review.