- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! I'm back from PAX Prime so hopefully I'll be able to post chapters more often. Heres chapter 3 for you. Enjoy!

Matt woke up the next day and opened his eyes. He wasn't in his room. He wasn't in his bed either. He looked to his left. There was someone in the bed next to him under the covers. He slowly removed the covers to reveal the face of Karen sleeping peacefully. The events of last night instantly came back to him.

"Oh God!" He said getting out of bed and putting his clothes on. 

"You slept with Karen." He kept repeating to himself in his head.

Karen woke up to the sound of Matt's rustling. As she sat up, the events of the previous night also came back to her.

"Oh Matt I'm so sorry." She said covering his face with her hands.

"This never happened!" He said as he bolted for the door.

As Matt grabbed the door handle to leave, Karen grabbed his arm.

"Matt wait!" She said.

"What?" He said turning to face her then closing his eyes. She was still naked.

"W-well, what happens now?" She asked.

"I'll be honest with you Karen I have no idea." He replied. "I think it's best that we don't see each other for a while."

Karen started tearing up.

"Will we still be friends?" She asked.

Matt looked at her for a few seconds, then turned and opened the front door and left. As soon as he got home he fell on the couch and started rubbing his eyes. 

"I slept with my best friends mom." He kept saying to himself.

The next few months Matt ignored all the calls he recieved from Karen. He went back to the life he had before Barty's death. He would work for most of the day, come back home, have dinner, watch tv for about and hour, then go to sleep. One night Matt returned home to find Karen sitting on his couch.

"Karen!?" He exclaimed. "What are you doing here? How did you even get in?"

"I still have the spare key to your apartment that you gave me a while back." She said holding them up.

"Well what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I want to know why you're ignoring me." She said.

"Because things are still awkward between us since you-know-what." He replied.

"So we got a little drunk that night, it was a mistake, we need to move on." She said.

They went on arguing for a few more minutes. The tension in the room slowly increased.

"Why is this such a big deal to you!?" She yelled.

"Because I love you!" He replied.

Then all was silent. No one spoke for a few moments until Karen broke the silence.

"What?" She said.

"I wasn't drunk that night." He said. "I didn't have anything to drink at all. That night happened because I let it happen."

"Matt I-" She began.

"You want to know why this is such a big deal to me?" He asked. "Fine! I'll tell you why it's such a big deal! I've loved you for a while now but I've been able to supress it. But now that it's happened once, whose to say it wont happen again? You're also my best friends mother as well as my childhood friend. You've also always been like a mother to me and let's not forget the fact that you're also old enough to BE my mother! Now do you see why it's such a big fucking deal!?

Karen just stood there taking in what was just said, with tears rolling down her cheeks. She finally spoke.

"Matt." She said. "I love you too."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a rating and a review.