- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Mary head down to Radiology, meeting with Mickey and being taken back to an Office...

Mary found a map on the wall of a hall, just past the Nurse's Station, that held a map of the entire hospital. She had been told by the Nurse to go to Radiology and find someone called Mickey. The woman had been really quiet about it, whispering her to and making sure no one else was looking in on them. It was a miracle that no one was looking at them, given how Mary had just acted. Her outburst was definitely deserving of attention. How often did a patient's mother come to the station and start screaming at a nurse, because their daughter's recovery time wasn't fast enough?

Aside from the confusion, she intended to head towards Radiology, and soon. She didn't want to leave Sandra alone too long, and the sooner she could get her better treatment, the better. She slid her finger all over the map, looking for the Radiology Department. “Ah, here it is. Floor 3, Hall F. Floor 3...Hall F...” Mary looked around for where she was located. On the Map, it showed her position. She grunted for a moment, realizing that she wasn't exactly close to her destination. “Darnit, I'm on Floor 10, and Hall A. I'm gonna have to go halfway across the hospital to get there.” She quickly turned and quickly walked down the halls, towards the elevators.

The Elevators were already there, ready to take her, thankfully. She rode down to Floor 3, and flew out when the doors opened up. With the signs on the ceiling as her guide, she swiftly moved from hall to hall, making the trip to Radiology as quick as possible. She didn't care that Sandra was just fine. She wasn't exactly a patient person. Just like her daughter, she thought the time the doctors told them it would take to heal was just unacceptable. Nearly plowing through half a dozen people, she finally got down to the desk for Radiology, sweat rolling down her forehead, her chest feeling hot and heavy.

Her hand was on the desk, and someone placed their hand on hers. “Are you alright, Miss?” they asked. Taking deep breaths, her chest burning from the run she'd just taken, she looked up, seeing the face of another blonde woman. Her eyes scanned the woman as she was waiting for an answer, and her eyes went straight down to her chest. Her eyes bulged, as if she were some pervert, happy to see a pair of bulging breasts. She smiled for a second and looked back to the woman's face. She looked about the same age she was. She had seen the name tag, which read “Mickey” “I'm looking for Mickey. I was just sent down from the Nurse's Station.”

The other woman took her hand off Mary's for a moment and pushed her glasses back. She peered down at her own chest and looked at her name tag. Picking a pen up from a small cup near her she started to write on a small pad of paper. “Well, unless my glasses are failing, I believe you're in the right place, dear. I am, indeed, Mickey. I received a call about you a few minutes ago. You're...Mary, right? Mary Moore?” Mary gave her a nod, confirming her identity. “Alright, then, Mary. The Station didn't give me too many details. What can I do for you?”

“Well...” began Mary, finally starting to catch her breath again. “My daughter, Sandra Moore, was just in an accident and the medicine she's on just is taking too long to heal. She's got this really important audition come up with sports next week, and she just needs to be healthy by then. The Nurse I spoke to told me that you could get me something better for my daughter. I need something to heal her knee injury before that audition. It's her only chance, right now, at getting into Stanmore University. We need that scholarship. I'm willing to pay anything I can for better treatment. Money is not an issue for us.”

“Oh, you're little girl's heading to Stanmore? Impressive. Well, dear, why don't you come back to my office and we can talk about this. I'm afraid, for confidentiality purposes, I can't talk to you about this in such a...public environment.” “Public?” asked Mary, a little confused at the attitude Mickey was giving her. “Why can't you talk about it to me here? What is the big--” Mary was silenced as Mickey's finger came up to her lips. She leaned her head forward and shook her head, whispering to her. “Listen, I can't talk to you where everyone else can hear us. This is very hush-hush. It's either the office or I send you back to your daughter, no extra treatment. You make the choice.”

She didn't have to tell Mary twice. This was definitely an interesting situation, and she wasn't exactly sure what to think about this. The atmosphere suddenly sounded a lot more serious than it had before. As the finger was removed from Mary's lips, she brought them in, softening them with her tongue, and then looked back to Mickey, nodding her head quickly. “S-sure! Your office is great. Lead the way!” Mickey then backed up from her desk and unlocked the door next to it. “Step through the door and follow me, Mary. We'll get you to your appointment.”

She wasn't exactly sure about this 'appointment' deal, but she wasn't willing to pass up the chance to get Sandra some better treatment. She opened the door and started walking across a carpet floor, following Mickey, her blonde hair swaying behind her. They got to the normal Radiology rooms, but went back through an extra hallway, into a dimly-lit area. Mary thought it strange for a hospital to have such a place, but was in no position to argue or complain. She was led into a room, which looked like a normal patient's room, with a small desk, a few chairs, and a large, matted bed for patients to sit on. Mickey sat her down in one of the chairs and smiled towards her. “Just wait a few minutes and the doctor will be in to discuss these treatments.”

Mickey reached for a small phone and pressed a button on it. “Hello, get me Dr. Miller. We finally have a patient for the RG-01 treatment. Please, send him as soon as possible.” Mary raised her eyebrow at the code name for this treatment. She was confused, but Mickey looked back and assured her things would be fine. So, she calmed herself down and waited, thinking about her daughter...