- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sandra has the procedure done on her, which ends up in her falling unconscious...

The situation was turning in two ways. First of all, Mary wasn't able to go with her daughter to her procedure, which hurt the middle-aged woman quite a bit and filled her with worry. Secondly, Sandra had no one to look to as support. Though, Sandra's plight was much less major than Mary's. Sandra was a pretty tough girl, so she could easily handle not having her mother around. They may have had a strong bond, but it didn't mean they required each other around, like lovers do. They were, after all, just family. As the doors had closed behind, Sandra smiled to her mother and then turned her head, as Mickey wheeled her into a room in the surgery wing.

There was a long, flat bed in the room where she was at, surrounded by hospital equipment. Mickey helped Sandra onto it, and laid her on her back. Then, she left the room for awhile. She told her that she had to get the doctor and get the rest of the procedure prepared. It left Sandra in the room, alone, staring at the ceiling. All she could think about was this procedure, and how it was going to help her. Being in the surgery wing made her feel a little nervous, as did not having anyone around to talk to, but she was okay with that. No one can go into an important procedure like this without any doubt or nervous feelings.

After a few minutes, she heard the metallic door open up again. She pushed her head up, seeing the doctor and Mickey walking back into the room. Mickey was now in a full nurse's uniform, including a face-mask. The doctor was also wearing more, including the white jacket and pants and a face mask of his own. They were wheeling in a cart, full of supplies, along with a large tub of some sort. She looked at this tub, seeing the shadow of some sort of liquid, she thought, inside it. As they came up to her, she looked at them. The doctor simply nodded and began to tell her about the procedure.

“Alright, Ms. Moore. If you're ready, we're going to proceed and get this underway. We're going to give you a shot to numb your leg, and then administer the new treatment near your injury. I promise you won't feel a thing. The entire operation shouldn't take more than four or five hours, including recovery. After that, we'll have to take a blood test to make sure it's working and your mother can take you home. Are you ready to begin, or did you have any further questions or concerns about the treatment?”

His explanation was plenty for Sandra. She laid her head back down and shook her head, from side to side. She knew the risks, and she knew that this was completely new. She didn't care, though. She wanted this, her mother wanted it, and it would just be good for her. “No, doctor. I am prepared for this. I know things can go wrong, but let's just do it. Give me the treatment, so I can start healing up. The sooner you get that stuff inside me, the better.” She was rather blunt about her decision, but bluntless was alright. The doctor nodded back to her and moved to begin the procedure.

He started by wiping down the area around her calf, which was relatively close to her injury. Sandra felt a prick as the needle punctured her skin and started to inject her blood veins with the numbing substance. She could feel small ounces of pain in her leg for about a minute, and then everything started going away. The pain slowly dissipated, as if she were falling asleep. She watched every action they took, making sure to keep a close eye on what they were doing. Her eyes went from the doctor, at times, but then back at her own leg. He asked her if she could feel anything in her leg before administering the new treatment, which she calmly answered and confirmed to him.

With her leg numb, she didn't feel a thing. As she watched the doctor put some of the substance from the tub in a needle's vial, she watched it. The substance itself was crimson red in color, and almost looked like it had little specs of something in it. The needle went in, and Sandra didn't even feel it. Not even a tiny feeling of compression. She watched the substance go into her body, almost as if blood was being sent into her body. As she watched it, closer and closer, she started to feel something in her head. Her eyelids twitched for a few moments, before her head fell back.

The doctor walked over to Sandra and put his gloved hand over her head when her head fell back. Her eyes were shut and he nodded to her. “She passed out. No doubt from the initial reaction of having this treatment in her system. Mickey, administer the rest of the treatment. I'm going to go get some ice packs and refreshments for when our patient wakes up. I have a feeling she'll be a little confused and distraught, in need of nourishment.” As the doctor walked out of the room, Mickey walked over and picked up another needle, filled it with the substance, and injected it into Sandra's leg, as she slept.

Meanwhile, Mary had been sitting in the waiting room, all alone, wondering how everything was going. She didn't like just sitting around, not doing anything. She was already worried enough about her daughter, but not being permitted to go back with her was driving her insane. She stared at the floor, tapping her foot up and down as she watched the area. After a few minutes, though, she heard a voice in the distance. “Mrs. M! Hey! It's about time I found you!” Mary looked up to see a familiar face. A young man, Sandra's boyfriend. It looked like she wasn't the only person who managed to get to the hospital for her daughter, after all...