- Text Size +

I don't understand. I don't understand why a little girl just killed two people like that. We didn't do anything to her. I was always the nicest to her. I acted like a brother. Dave gave her anything she wanted. 

Why?" I say softly. Then I yell, "WHY?"

Monie looks at me. She gives me a little devious smile. She opens her mouth to say, "Because I can do whatever I want."

My heart stopped. "No you can't. You can't do anything you want. We are real people. We are people who never did anything to you."

"Are you sure about that? You didn't let me have fun at your party. You were so loud I couldn't go to sleep. I also heard weird noises coming from my mommy's room. It sounded like the noises mommy and daddy used to make. Finally, you diidn't give me my cupcakes like you promised."

"Those are no reasons to kill us. Or keep us as toys."

"Yes they are. My mommy told me I  could always get what I want. Dave even gave me whatever I wanted. You guys are so cute. And I want you. I get to keep you becuse I want to. Got it."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Spoiled brats shouldn't be able to have tiny people. Especially with what she was doing to us.

"Just wait until your mommy gets home. She won't let you keep us."

"She won't be able to find you."

Shit. She's right.

"I can put you anywhere. I can squish you uys anytime I want. Who knows if you grapes will be alive when she comes home. I can do anything I want to you."

"You can't do anything you want to us. Didn't your mommy teach you about good and evil." said Robert.

"Yep. But I think good and evil only counts for normal people. You are the size of a grape. If I wanted to, I could put all of you in my shoe and wear you. All of you would probably die but oh well. I could also tape you to my mommy's sandals. She could wear you until you popped. Or you could go in her underwear. You would be in my mommy's butt until you died."

We were all starting to get scared. Any one of us could end up dead. It didn't matter who. Except-. Of course. Dave!

"What about your brother?" I ask her.

"What about him?" she responds.

"He right over there. Shrunk just like all of us." I point to Dave's unconscious body. He has been passed out this whole time. He hasn't heard what Monie said or seen her kill two people.

"Aww, my big brother is now my little brother. That is so cool. He gets a free pass."

Lucky Dave. He gets to spend the rest of his life like this while all of us have ours quickly taken.

"I'm tired of talking. I didn't sleep that much because of your party. Plus i'm gonna show you grapes where your new home is."

She keeps calling us grapes. It's fitting. We're edible and squishy. Monie leaves to go to the kitchen. I look at everybody and say, "What the hell are we going to do?"

Nobody knows how to answer that question. The answer is simple. There is nothing we can do. We can only survive. And the odds of our survival are slim to none. Except for Dave.

That's it! Dave can talk her out of it. Dave is the only one who can help us.Whenever Monie was going to do something stupid, he was the one who talked her out of it. One time, Monie tried to run away. She was right out the door when Dave caught her. After a conversation with him, she was ready to stay.

Monie came back with a small bowl in her hand. She placed part of the bowl under the table.

"I'm not jumping in that." said Archie.

"It's ok. you don't have a choice." said Monie. Next thing we knew, we saw Monie's hand move behind us. Her hand came in our direction like a vaccum cleaner. A lot of people started running in different directions. It did not work because they weren't fast enough. Her hand caught up to them quickly.

I knew it was futile to run so I accepted my fate. I let her hand take me. My body was mashed up by the others on her hand. Then I felt myself falling in mid air. 

Falling didn't take long. It was cut rather abrupt when I hit the hard plastic of the bowl. Pain jolted through my arm bacuse that was what I landed on. Other bodies started landing on me. I felt like I was being crushed in football.

 I could barely see outside of the bowl. Too many people were in the way. The rest of my vision was blocked as the rest of us were shoved into the bowl. I could hear all the women screaming. Maria had to be freaking out because she just dealt with her fear.

A man started screaming. "What the hell? Where the hell am I? Why am I in a pile of bodies?"

I recognized the man as Dave. He was woken up by this.

"Look at you grapes. You could be my new cereal. I think i'm going to pour milk over you." Monie said.

Now everyone was freaking out. Men and women. We didn't want to be eaten alive like Beth.

"I'm just kidding. I have other plans."

Suddenly, everyone started bouncing up and down. Elbows, knees, skulls started crashing into me. I coulf feel Monie start walking. The weight of all these people was killing me. If she doesn't hurry, I might be crushed.

The bouncing was getting worse. She must be walking up the stairs. My body was taking so much abuse right now. Hell not just my body, but everyone elses. The only safe people were the ones on tops.

It seemed like I wasn't going to make it anymore until I felt weight being lifted off of me. Not only that, but I could feel myself rolling down the bowl. I hit carpet with a thump.

My body was in pain. I could barely move it. I didn't even want to move it. I would be happy if I died right here. Unfortunately, those weren't my plans.

I tied lifting my head up as high as I could. I got it up enough to see that I was in Monie's room.

"Hey tinies. Don't die on my yet. You haven't even seen where you will be staying. After I show you, we are going to have so much fun."