- Text Size +

It feels like years since anyone has spoken a word. Beth has finally calmed down. Her friend has done her best to stop her crying. It's obvious that Ken was her boyfriend. This was supposed to be the awesomest night of our lives. Instead, loved ones are being killed. Some before our very eyes. Other having to be told. We all just wished we could wake up from our nightmare.

But this is reality. This is some twisted kind of reality that we are stuck in. We go through our whole lives being told that shit like this can only happen in a story, or a movie, or our minds. Now our world is being turned upside down in front of us. The worst part, we can't do anything about it.

Finally there is silence. But the worst part about having silence is having to break it. Everyone is looking around at each other. No one wants to man up and break our silence. It feels wrong to do so because someone just died. Our normal lives have become a battleground for survival. If the night keeps going this way, then many more of us will not make it. That has scared the living shit out of everyone.

Well it's finally time to man up. I have to repay the favor that I owe Robert. He told Beth what happened. It's my turn to break the silence. "There were more of us caught in that blast. We have to find them."

Archie is the first to respond. "One of us has just died and you want to go out there?"

"We have to find the rest of us. More and more of them will be killed if they don't."

"Yeah and we will be killed if we go out there. So which group will it be. The safe group, us, or the screwed group?" Archie asks.

"Everybody is screwed. We can't stay in this one spot forever. We can't get food or drink. Eventually, Monie or her mom when she gets back will move this broom and see us. You know what she will see. Bugs. Tiny bugs that have to be exterminated." I tell him.

"Dom's right. We need a better safe-zone then this. And we will have to find ways to get food and water. If we're not crushed, then we will die of dehydration or a lack of food." Robert says.

"I'm staying right here. You can go off on your suicide mission." Archie tells us.

"Anyone who wants to help us can go. If you want to stay, that's fine. But don't go anywhere else." Robert tells the survivors.
Two athletic looking guys join Robert and I. One is black haired and the other is blonde. Beth and her friend stays. As does the cheerleaders, Archie, and the other guy I don't know. Surprisingly, James comes with us. He must be trying to make up for what he said earlier.

I ask the two athletic guys what their names are. The black haired one says his name is Tony. The blonde states his name is Mark. "It's good to have more people helping us." I say to them.

Each of us slip under the door at the same time. We be careful not to be out in the open. We stick to the side of the drawers next to the pantry. As long as we stay under the drawers, oven, and stove we"ll be alright. Eventually we make it to the kitchen's opening. "Ok. My guy is on top of that stair in front of us. We'll have to keep our backs as close as we can to that stair. But first we have to get to it." I tell the group.

When you are this small you have to always be paranoid about giants. You never know when one could pop out of nowhere. Ken wasn't paranoid and it cost him his life. All of us run to the other side of the opening. I am leading them since I know which path to take.

"We have to be careful. When I ran from the stair to the wall, my foot was caught in the carpet. Monie nearly crushed me but luck was on my side. It's late at night so she should be asleep." I tell them.

We stand in a line, side by side. I'm the first to run. Everyone soon follows. I constantly look back to see if anyone has fallen behind. But everyone has been fine so far. But James is having trouble keeping up. He is not the healthiest guy in the world. He always wears his mascot uniform to hide his stomach. Robert, Tony, and Mark make it first. They run on a daily basis. I reach them soon after. 

James is more than halfway there. I can only think of Monie walking downstairs and crushing him. Or Dave's mom coming home early and opening the door. Fuck James. Get your tubby ass over here. The paranoia is kicking in. Something bad is about to happen. I just know it is. He's almost here. Faster tubby faster!

Then, he makes it. I let out a sigh of relief. Nothing bad happened.

"I'm gonna grab him. Just stay here close to the wall." I say. And with that I begin my climb up. I have gotten used to climbing so I scale the stair quickly. At the top I find Matt standing over me.

"Fancy meeting you here." He says.

"Matt, I was coming to get you. I found a group of survivors. We were going to look for more." I say.

"I'm coming with you guys. I can't stay with his remains anymore." I look down at the guys below me.

"Hey! I'm gonna jump. I need all of you to catch me." They all get close to each other. I let go of the carpet. This is a extreme trust fall. Only the most trusting do this. But I realized that I don't really know these guys. Oh God I hope I made the right choice.

I feel hands grabbing onto my body. They caught me! Now it's Matt's turn to jump. He jumps before we can get ready. All of us rush to get in position before he hits the ground. Whew! We made it in time.

"You impatient asshole. You should have warned us." I tell him. He just gives me an annoyed look. 

"Now that that's out of the way, let's go find more survivors." Robert says. We keep our bodies close to wall. It'll take a while to get to the living room. Nobody says anything on the way there. It must have taken us thirty minutes to get there.

 Ok. Each of us will take a part of the living room. James, take the table next to the kitchen. Tony and Mark, look under all the couches and sofas. Matt, there were some musicians near the strero. You can see their equipment. Look there. Dom-" I interupt Robert.

"I'll take the patio. I think there were some people outside when the blast hit." I lie to him. The only person I know was there was Sarah. I have to find Sarah. She's the one who did this. I have to question her before the others find out what she did. Sarah is the only one who knows how to fix this.

We all spilt up and go our seperate ways. It takes me a while to reach the patio. But then I'm reminded of something. I see Maria's open toed high heels. Oh my God Maria! Was she caught in the blast? I didn't see her. She stormed off when she thought I was using her. Fuck! If she was caught in that blast. I don't know what I would do if she was killed. I promised I would protect her.

I reach her high heels as these thought fill my head. I clear it. I'm here to find Sarah. She was closest to me when the blast hit. I look around but,to no avail, I can't find her. Then I hear the footsteps.
The familiar sound hits my ears. To me it is the sound of death. Please let her be going back into the kitchen. They get closer and closer. I see her coming down the stairs. She taes a left. NO! Sge's coming this way!

"Psst. This way." Someone says. I turn around to see Sarah hiding in Maria's high heel. She waves for me to get my ass over here. I don't hesitate. I run.

When I enter the high heel, i'm greeted by a light aroma. I smell feet. Maria did tell me that she was sweating. I tell Sarah, "You have got a lot of explaining to do."

"I know but we have to hide first." 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The thunderous screams of Monie bust my eardrums. I know what happened. She has found one of us. I see her in front of a counter apart of the kitchen.

Next thing I know she brings her hand up in the air and slms it down onto the counter. Oh no! There is no way that person jumped out of the way in time.

"Weird. That little bug left a red stain." Monie says. Shit she did kill that person. So far three people have been killed by her. 

"Hey that doesn't look like a bug. That kind of looks like a person. O my God! It is a person!" She says with exclaimation. "You guys are so cute. How did you get this small?"

She stands there for a little bit. There must be more people on that counter. I hear her say, "I can't hear you. Let me move you up to my ear."

She places the people in her palm and moves it up to her ear. "There were a lot of you shrunk then. That means they are running around like little bugs in the ground. Don't worry I'll find them." She says.

She starts searching around the living room. Carefully trying not to step on anyone. She starts picking people up one by one. She must have picked up James, Robert, Tony, and Matt. I counted at least eight people. 

Monie puts someone up to her ear. She is trying to hear what he is saying. "Ok. I'll find him." She puts the guy on the table. She begins to walk my way. I should jump out and show myself, but she scares me now. 

Monie looks around but can't find me. Her eyes look right at the high heels. She picks the high heel Sarah and I are in off the ground. She drops us out of the high heel into her palm.