- Text Size +

Uggghhhaaaahhh. That was a weird yawn. What time is is? I look over to my left and see my Batman clock standing on my drawer. It's 8:00 in the morning. I pause and look at my ceiling. 8:00! I'm gonna be late for school. Shit!

I jump out of my bed and land on the cold floor. There has to be something in my dresser that I can throw on real quick. I open the top one. Inside are a bunch of unfolded shirt bunched up in a pile. I don't really care. I grab whatever one my hand hits first and pull it out. A shirt with an ant picture on it. Whatever works.

My jeans are kinda clean. They don't really smell. I grab a pair of clean black socks and quickly place them on my feet. 8:03. Gotta go! I grab my black and red sneakers and put them on while I leave my room. I practically run down the stairs. I'm about to leave the house when I stop to say goodbye to my parents.

"Mom! Dad! I gotta go! See you later!" I yell out. There was no response. Maybe they're still asleep. Maybe they went somewhere else. Can't stop and ponder. Have to leave now.

I turn the knob to the entrance door. Before I open, I stop and quietly say to myself, "Have a good day me. School's almost over and be grateful the world's not over."

I finally open the door. Life is normal. There's no fantasy like stuff that exists. Science fiction is just that. Fiction. 2012 is just a hoax. Y2K turned out to be a farce. Nothing extraordinary exists and that's how it will stay. Well, until today.

I expected butterflies and freshly cut green grass as I stepped out of my house. Instead, I got houses on fire, black charred grass, and powerlines fallen over with sparks flying everywhere. The worst part about it. Bodies. Bodies everywhere. Some bodies were normal looking aside from being dead. Some were drained of blood. Others were missing body parts. The most disgusting bodies were different. They didn't look like normal dead bodies, if there is such a thing. No, some looked like something or someone took giant bites out of them. Others weren't bodies anymore because there were no bodies left of them. Just crushed remains.

You would think that bodies were the weirdest part of all this. But you would be wrong. If you look past the bodies, past the destroyed houses, past the remains of a forrest, you would see a grape. How could you see a grape past all that? That's because the grape towers over everything. A grape made for a giant.

"What the hell's going on?" I ask myself.

"LET ME TELL YOU DOM!" A loud thunderous voice boomed in the sky. I had to cover my ears due to the volume. What the hell was that? Is there a mega ultraphone on full blast? No normal person could make that volume. Hell, I don't think any megaphone could get that loud.

"LOOK UP! ABOVE YOUR INSIGNIFICANT HOUSE!" This voice said to me. I did what it said. I turned around and looked up at the magnificent sight above me. Towering above everything is a blond, bronze skinned cheerleader. I should say a familiar cheerleader. One whose beauty transcends a Victoria Secret model. Leah, the captain of the Cheerleading squad.

I was frozen but not in fear, in magnificence. She was not a mortal anymore. She had become a goddess. Her beauty hypnotized me. I saw her moving her leg up until her tan and deadly barefoot was above me. Ready to strike. "YOU SHOULDA WENT WITH ME!" She yelled.

Her foot lowered down onto me. Just seconds away until my exsistence was no more. I didn't run. I didn't yell. I didn't do anything. I was willing. I was submissive. I wanted this goddess to end me. Her foot was now inches away. I extend my arms out and embrace my death.

*************************************

"Hey Dom. Are you okay?" I heard a whisper from a girl. My eyes slowly opened. Actually, only one eye opened. My right eye was stuck where it was. I could only see out of my left. I found it hard to breathe out of my nose. Everything on my face hurt. Everything except for my left eye. I think that was left unscatch. 

I tried getting up but my body wouldn't let me. My arms felt numb. If I could look at it, I am certain they are unrecognizable from the bruises and cuts. I had a little movement in my legs. As I recall, they were not attacked that much. It might just be because of my exhaustion. Who was that whispering?

"Hey Dom. Are you okay?" Oh, it's Maria. She's stuck with me while I was unconscious. 

"Maria?" I say.

"Yes Dom."

"How long have I been out?"

"Almost two hours. We were shocked you woke up so early."

"I won my fight right?"

"Yes!" she exclaims. I'm glad I won even if my body was destroyed in the process. I can only hope that we are winning. 

"Are we winning?" Please say yes.

"No." She has a sense of dread in her voice. 

"So we're losing."

"No" I'm confused at her answer.

"Wait. What?"

"We're tied. When you beat that guy, we were winning 3 to 1. After you passed out, it was Leah's turn to fight. She didn't do so good. That brought us to 3 to 2. Nick fought after her." There was a slight pause. "Nick destroyed his opponent. He nearly beat him to death too. 4 to 2."

"Has Dave fought?" I ask.

"Yes but let me continue. Beta, Tyrell's brother, fought after Nick. He didn't win. 4 to 3. Tyrell fought then. He had to fight the biggest and strongest of the team. He didn't win either. 4 to 4. Finally Dave fought. It's weird."

"What?"

"Nobody won." I didn't understand.

"Like a draw?"

"Yes. Neither guy could beat the other so Monie declared it a draw. I think it was really because of Dave. She didn't want Dave to lose."

"So we're still stuck at 4-4. Who's fighting next?" A pause in our conversation. I think I know the answer to this one.

"Um, it's me. I'm fighting next. And it's to decide who's going to win." My heart sank. Nervousness began to sink in. I could only imagine how Maria is feeling.

"Maria, don't be scared. You're gonna win this one. I know it." I say to inspire her. She needs confidence in herself.

"How do you know I can win?" She asks.

"Because you kicked that asshole's ass." She looks down at me. Her lips turn into a small smile.

"I have to go now." She says.

"Wait. Will you give me a kiss after?" I ask.

"Maybe if you get a better looking face." She jokes around. I feel her footsteps walking away from me. Then I feel someone else walking towards me.

"Man, I thought you looked bad when you fell off those steps. You looked like a male model compared to this." I hear the familiar voice of Dave. 

"Sup loser. You know, at least I can win a fight." I give a weak laugh.

"I would have won if my sister didn't pull that bullshit. I had him on the ropes."

"Just like you had Nick on the ropes?" I try to laugh again but it hurts too.

"Fuck you. I'll punch you in your face if you don't stop." He fake punches me in the face. He high fives my left hand. "Great job in winning. Didn't think you had it in you? You've been full of surprises lately."

"Could you do me a favor?" I ask.

"Sure anything." He says.

"Could you do a play by play commentary for me?"

"Even if it's something you don't want to hear?"

"Yes."

"Ok man."

"Ready for this final fight. The winner of this one wins it for the team. Good luck. Annnnnddddddddd, go!!!" I hear Monie say. The excitement in her voice is at an all time high.

Dave starts his commentary. "Ok. They're not doing anything so far. Just walking around each other. The fat brown haired girl tries punching Maria but she misses. Fatty is charging at her, but she's so fat she can't keep up. I think she's breathing heavy. Ow! Maria pooped her with a good left. That fat bitch keeps swinging for air. She's sucks at this. Oh no! Maria's been knocked out!"

"No! No! No!" This can't be happening. I can feel tears begin to form in my eyes.

"Just kidding. Hehehe." Dave says. That motherfucker. If my arms weren't falling off, I would rip his nuts off.

"That fatass has Maria by the back of her hair. She's trying to beat her up that way-. Holy shit! Maria is punching her fat stomach off! Whoa! She fucking unloading on her! Fatty let's go. I think she's crying. Ow! Maria stomped her in the knee. That hurt mine. Fatty's down for the count. She's giving up. Monie's calling it off. We won!"

If I wasn't so hurt and tired, I would jump off the ground, do a 360, and run over to Maria and kiss her. The best I can do is a faint cheer. The team's cheering like we won the state championship. This is better then the state championship! We live! Butthe other team doesn't. Suddenly I feel depressed. Because of us, all those people are gonna die now. We have caused the deaths of ten innocent people. 

Suddenly, the ground began to shake violently like an earthquake. It must be Monie. "Congratulations team. You are the winners of this tournament. You get a grand prize. For the rest of the day, I will not bother you at all. You have permission to go anywhere in my room. You just have to watch out for my foot. As for the other team, sorry." Monie says.

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO THEM?! I hear someone scream out. Was that Archie?

"I can't hear you little person. Other team, lemme tell you what's going to happen. First, I want to say something about Dom over there."

I can just imagine everybody staring at me. "Before you grapes got shrunk, Dom was supposed to give me cupcakes. But he didn't. So I had to go downstairs and find some. There was none. You piggys ate all of them. But if Dom did, I wouldn't have gone downstairs. Dom is the reason I found you grapes."

I know what will happen. The blame will now be placed on me. Everybody's gonna blame ne now. Shit! What am I gonna do now?

"I'm going to make cupcakes now. With a secret ingredient. I think you can guess what that it. Dom gets a special prize. He gets to watch me eat them."

My stomach was turning. I felt nausiated. I have to watch more deaths. Deaths I directly caused. Everything is starting to become my fault. Now more than ever, I wished my earlier dream was a reality.