- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I originally intended for this chapter to involve football, but then realized I had no idea what I was talking about. So, I'm going with something I understand a lot better.

When I was talking about myself earlier, I forgot to mention something I like. It's a passion of mine. Years ago I had come across something on T.V. I was flipping through channels and saw two men beating the absolute shit out of each other. They were going blow for blow, toe to toe. I found this fascinating. At the end of the fight one man walked out the winner, but there was no loser in that fight.

This fight made me a fan of Mixed Martial Arts. Mixed Martial Arts or MMA, is not cage fighting like most people believe. It's the most athletic competition you can get involved with. Most athletes train just one sport to compete in. Boxers only train hand to hand combat. MMA artists have to train in boxing, wrestling, brazilian ju-jitsu, kickboxing, muay thai, judo, sambo, and karate. They push themselves harder tan anyone on the planet.

And that's why I never took up any MMA classes. You can't see, but I chuckled a little bit after saying that. I'm lazy as hell. After the first day of training, I would die of a lack of oxygen. My bed would be my new home because I wouldn't be able to leave it due to the painful sore I would have. Now that I think about it, I really wish I would have taken up a few classes.

"Now that everyone's here. It's time to tell you what you're next game is. It's not really a game though." Monie said. 

"What could she be talking about?" Dave asked me.

"Beats me man. Whatever it is, we're fucked." I respond.

"This will involve teams. But you're not going to be working together. You'll be working alone, but you'll still be in teams." Monie said.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I said to whoever was listening.

"You grapes will be, wait for it, fighting like gladiators. And I will be your queen. I will watch over while you fight. Everyone will fight."

Maria squeezed my hand hard. She was scared. I could feel it. I was scared too. I watched boxing and MMA all the time, but I've never been involved in an actual fight. You could say I was like a poser. A wannabe. One of those guys who wear MMA shirts and act badass but never trained a day in their lives. I'm not a douchebag though. I go around showing off my knowledge, but I couldn't use any moves to save my life.

"Everybody will fight one on one. Fights are over when one grape cannot continue or I say it's over." Monie says. Is she a Just Bleed fan? "The team with the most wins will be the winner. The winning team will get a prize. They get to rest inside their house for the rest of the day. The losers will not like their prize."

I look around at our team. How many have we lost? I don't want to think about it. The memories are too disturbing, but I have to see how many we lost. First there was Beta. God, his death was unimaginable. Then Bloodletting were savagly murdered. Kurt was castrated. The rest were devoured. So far, there has been six of us killed. Plus, the others, but that was before we were split into teams. 15 members to 10 members. Shit, we're dropping like flies. The other team has not been touched. Yet.

What works out perfectly is that we have the same number of boys on both sides. What are we gonna do about the girls though?

"Hmmm, what are we gonna do about the girls?" Monie says. I'm getting tired of her repeating my thoughts. "I guess I could bring a couple of girls over to the other team. But who shall I choose."

Please don't choose Maria or Sarah. Hell I don't want any of us to leave. I want all of us to leave this hell we have fallen into. Monie is staring down at the girls on our team. She's sizing them up with her eyes. I can tell she's really thinking about who to choose. She lets out a sigh and beathes upon us.

"Hmm, I think I have made my choice. None of you will go over to the other side. Other team, sorry, you'll have to fight with who you have. But three of you girls will fight. I already made my choices." 
She points at Sarah first. Sarah just stares at her. She doesn't say or do anything. She has that calm and collected expression on her. If she wanted too, she could kill all of us with her barehands. "You'll fight."

Then she moves her finger over to Leah. Leah starts whimpering like a scared puppy. Pan and Rachael hug her. They don't look that scared. They even crack a smile. It's probably because they don't have to fight. That's a little cold. "And you. Finally-"

Her finger is moving very slowly for dramatic effect. My heart starts beating faster because I realize her finger is coming my way. Maria is right next to me, holding my hand. Please don't choose her. My fears are right. Monie's finger stops, right at Maria.

Maria squeezes my hand even harder. The circulation to my hand is being cut off. I pull her body next to mines. She buries her head in my chest. I hold her and tell her everything is going to be alright. "You know, you handled that asshole pretty well." I tell her, trying to comfort her. She looks up and gives me a little smile. 

I see Monie is looking down at us. She's giving me an annoyed expression on her face. She even rolls her eyes. Is there something going on with her? She moves away from us and jumps on her bed. She's sitting above us like a queen on a throne.

"The first fight will involve you!" Monie said. Her finger was pointing right at Robert. Robert is a pretty big and very strong guy. He should be able to protect himself. But as in I found out in MMA, you never know. Anything can happen.

"So this is what we are reduced to. Ants fighting above a queen. We are not human anymore Dom. We are being forced to fight for our lives. If we win, they will die. If they win, we die. It's us or them. God help us all." Robert said to me. He stepped forward onto the battleground.

"Now his opponent, that guy! Whoever he is!" She pointed to some guy on the other team. His physical appearance was a bit blurry, but I could make it out when he came closer. He had bleach blonde spiked up hair. His skin was very tan like he spent everyday at the salon. His muscles were pretty big. I was drawn to what shirt he was wearing. It was the shirt of what those posers wear I talked about before.

"When I say go, you will start fighting until one of you is done or I say it's done. Got it?" Monie asked. Both men shook their head yes. I couldn't tell what expression was on Robert's face, but I did see the other guy. He was ready to hurt someone.

"And, go!" The blonde guy was the first to throw. He failed though, because Robert ducked under the punch, lifted him off the ground, and slammed him on his back. Robert hopped right on top of his chest, putting all his weight on the guy. He lifted his hand high in the air. It was held there for a little bit. The guy couldn't push Robert off of him. All he could do was cover his face with his arms.

Robert finally brought his fist down with authority. He hit the guy with all his speed and power until he quit. Robert looked up at Monie. She shook her head no. She put her thumb up and then moved it down. Robert started blasting the guys face with his fist again. His face was starting to swell and blood oozed out everywhere. The consciousness left his body. Robert stopped.

"The winner is- Robert!" Monie said loudly. "Congradulations!"

Robert walked to us. We were kind of scared of what happened. How he beat him up without hesitation. He could have killed him in cold blood. A few more punches and he could have. I looked back at the guy. His body broken and his face a bloody mess. The other team had to drag him back to their side.

"That was fun to watch!" Who's next?"