- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Eh, sorry I'm half-assing this chapter. You can skip it if you want. It's just filler until the next chapter.

I hold Maria tightly in my arms. I don't wanna let go. Monie could crush us in this position and I wouldn't care. But then I remember what just happened. Bloodletting was just massacred in the most unique and evil of ways. Monie is showing us the power she has over us I don't know how we are gonna survive. We'll only survive if she wants us to.

"Uhhhh. I don't feel so good." I hear Monie say. I turn my head to see her clutching her stomach. Her face is kind of green. "Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back."

She rushes over to her bathroom. The door shuts behind her. This might be a blessing in disguise. Screw what Sarah thinks. Everybody has to know. I pick Maria off the ground. I yell out, "Everybody snap out of it! Get your asses over here!"

Dave, Robert, and Sarah immediately come to me. Everyone else is in shock, can't hear me, or don't want to come over. Robert is the one everyone listens too. He's the unofficial leader of this group of survivors. He rounded up the group earlier. 

"Robert get everyone. They listen to you." I tell him. He nods.

"Huddle up everyone! We need a fast group conversation." He powerfully says. I can still hear Monie puking in the bathroom.

"She never should have eaten them. All that blood and organs, gross." I say. 

More and more people start walking our way. I give a fast moving gesture with my hand. They need to get over here before it's too late. They come like herds. Archie, Tyrell, Beta, James, Jane, Nick, Kim, Beatrice, and Omega appear. Following them are Pan, Rachael, and Leah. She doesn't look too happy to see me with Maria in my arms. The other school doesn't come over. They probably couldn't hear us.

"Why did you bring all of us together?" Archie asks.

"There is something everyone needs to know. It's about what happened to us." Sarah's eyes open wide open. She shakes her head no.

"Dammit Sarah! Everyone needs to know the truth." I say. "We shrank because of-"

I don't get to finish my sentence because Sarah jumps at me. I push Maria out of arms way. Sarah throws me to the ground. Dave and Robert grab her by the arms and pull away. She doesn't struggle. She doesn't want to blow her cover.

"Say what you were going to say." Dave tells me. I open my mouth to say the secret, but the door to the bathroom opens first. Out comes Monie with a sick look on her face. She looks down at us.

"You already got into your teams." she says. "I'm still feeling kinda sick. I'll give you one hour to get ready."

"Ready for what?" Dave yells out. Monie doesn't hear him. She just walks over to her bed and lays down on it.

"Does anyone know what she's talking about?" someone asks. Nobody knows what she's talking about. The other school looks just as confused as we do.

"Let's get in our house first. We can talk from there." Robert says. Me and the group walk to our house. I grab Maria's hand while walking. All of us thinking about what Monie has in store for us. Whatever it is, it can't be good. That's for sure.

We reach the house and enter it. Maria and I pick a spot in the recreation room. "Dom, I'm tired. Can we get some sleep? Just for a little bit." she asks.

I'm hesitant. I have to tell the group about the truth, but then Maria lays on top of me. The warmth from her body makes me sleepy. She kisses my cheek and I fall asleep. I am awaken. It feels like I just closed my eyes. 

Dave is waking me and Maria up. "It's time to go love-birds." He says.

We get up and leave the house. A little bit rested, but unprepared for whatever was next for us.