- Text Size +

After breakfast Gloria carried you back to an all too familiar room.  You just called this room your room too.   In fact you can’t even remember your room at your old house.  You barely can recall much of your old life before this.  You remember your family which you didn’t really get along with any of them.  Your parent never truly cared about you always talking about your siblings and what they are doing.  You were more of a ghost in the house; in fact you wouldn’t be surprised that they didn’t know you were missing the past five years.

Your brother and two older sisters are nice but they have families and moved out already.  They rarely visit so you don’t get to talk to them.  The fact is this is all you have left, just surviving and living on.  You start to recall what your house looked like when Gloria put you back in your plastic container.  She left the drawer open as she got dressed for school. 

Right … she has school today, how could I have forgotten.  Gloria put on her school outfit for public school that she has been going to for a while.  It is the middle of the first semester yet you feel like she has been in high school for ages.  Gloria was dressed for the weather which would be sunny and hot; wearing shorts and a white tee shirt.  You let out a sigh because you know what is next. 

Gloria’s head came into view above you.  You could see the grin forming over her lips.  She always grinned like that when she was about to tease you.  You mentally prepared yourself for more torture that was to fellow the grin.  Gloria placed her index finger on her chin and started to frown, like she was working on a difficult math problem.  “Hmmmm what socks should I wear today?  Oh I know these…” she reached into the drawer and picked up a set of pink fuzzy socks. 

Yeah you love those socks…not.  You don’t hate them because of the color pink (even though she knows that you hate that color), more of the material that it is made of: wool.  Gloria picked up the pink socks and laid them down on her bed, “Oh wait I think I’m forgetting something.”  You roll your eyes at the joke you hear all too often coming from her.  She reaches in the sock drawer and pulls you out then shuts the drawer.

She doesn’t change your size so you still are the same size as breakfast time.  “So which foot do you want to stay with today?”

You don’t answer.

She let out a gasp of surprise, “You want the right foot!  Ok, if you insist.”

She put on her left sock first then, she spit in her hand so she covered you in saliva.  She used her saliva to stick you in place for a moment at the bottom of her foot, so you were under her arch in the middle of her foot.  Gloria hasn’t brushed her teeth yet so her saliva smells of morning breath.  You do your best to wipe as much of the spit away from your face so you won’t inhale the liquid when you try to breath.  That’s when Gloria stepped off her bed and applied pressure to her right foot.  The weight was unbearable; even thought this happens just about every day for you, doesn’t mean it isn’t any less painful. 

The weight was back breaking, no pun intended.  The foot you were under has taken more lives than some diseases.  If the world knew about Gloria’s foot, it would be under the top ten most wanted list; right after her ass.  You felt your back about to give out when the pressure was removed and you were moving through the air.  You felt the wind pass through the material that the sock was made of giving you some air from the already heating environment.  You hold your breath and brace yourself for the income ground.  Pink fluff gets shoved in your face making you gag at the material that filled your mouth while your back took on the weight of Gloria’s step. 

Gloria walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth before she had to leave for school.  She took heavy steps to the bathroom listening to the booming of her feet as she attempted to stomp out your life.  She went to the sink and started to brush her teeth, all while leaning on her right foot for support.

More than a dozen steps later her movement stopped.  Then your whole world got extremely small as the foot on your back pressed down on you.  You tried to scream out in pain as you felt your back creak, only no noise came out.  Either due to the fact that all the air in your lungs was squeezed out or that the pink gag was blocking any noise; you couldn’t tell.  You started to black out from the pain and lack of air.

You awoke to the sound of a car engine.  You must be in a vehicle to one of Gloria’s senior friends driving her to school.  You could make out sounds but they were muffled by the layers: a shoe, sock, and a foot.   The temperature in the shoe was already rising to a stifling heat.  You felt a drop of your sweat roll down your face and get absorbed by the sock.  Great you though knowing that it won’t take long until Gloria starts to sweat.  The car engine was turned off and you felt movement carrying you and then landing on the ground.  Lucky for you Gloria has soft insoles in her shoes to help her feet, or rather that is what she tells everyone else.  You know the real truth to it; it is to keep you alive.  She wouldn’t risk killing you so soon in your long life with her as her play thing.

The pressure on your back hasn’t been lessened; it is the ground under you that cushions your face instead of the smashing you would have received if there was no shoe.  However just because it is soft doesn’t mean it smells nice.  Years of running and sweating has caused the insoles to absorb and retain the smell of her feet and sweat (she even wore them barefoot with you in them).  The smell started to reach your noise now that the fragrance of the sock has been overwhelmed.  The smell was eye watering.  It stung your noise like you just sniffed some onions; old, rotten, dirty onions. 

Gloria walked to her first period class, English.  It always bored her and never kept her attention.  Good thing she brought a toy with her, she thought.  Smiling, she sat down in her chair and started to play with her most beloved toy in the world.

You were still face smashed into the shoe when you felt the massive foot on your back start to move.  Not like the usual movement of forwards.  It started to wiggle from side to the side.  Gloria’s shoes weren’t tied really tight; this allowed some fresh air in for you but also allowed Gloria to move her foot a little bit.  Just a little bit of movement is torturing for you.  Gloria was started to move her foot left to right in a slow pace.  You were caught under her foot and started to get dragged by the foot while being pinned to the insole.  This caused you to roll over with the foot so you were getting a mouth full of soft foot skin and then back to fuzzy wool.

Gloria tuned out her teacher who was talking about adverbs and something stupid that she already knew.  Instead she was imagining the world you were in as she started to apply more pressure to you. 

You screamed in pain as the foot holding your face, applied even more force to you.  The skin molded around your body and started to suffocate you.   Then the pressure was relieved just a bit giving you a chance to inhale; you immediately wish you didn’t.  The air that used to be of washed fabric and soap, as long as you weren’t smashed into the insole, was now the smell of her shoe.  The worst part is that you felt sweat starting to form from her foot, and it was only first period. 

Gloria felt her feet getting warmer and couldn’t help but smile at what is about to come for you.  She scrunched up her foot a couple of times and rolled her feet to move you up to her toes.  It took some effort but it was better than listening to Mister Green’s lecture on … whatever it was he was talking about. 

You felt like a pebble or a piece of lent you use to fiddle with in your shoes when you found it under your foot.  Now you know what it feels like to be shaken around and pushed around.  Your face was being smeared across the underside of Gloria’s foot to the front of the sock.  You didn’t know what was going on until you came head to head… or rather head to toe with Gloria’s five glories toes.  The gaps between the toes slowly opened up for you.  It was like watching a horror film.  Before you could react the foot was sliding slowly closer so your head would go in-between her big toe and second toe.  You tried to move but the foot rolled over your lower body.  It wasn’t enough to crush you but to pin you from moving.  Your face was immediately shoved into the fold of her foot.

Gloria let out a giggle as she felt your face tickle her toe fold.  Everyone turned and looked at her, who just smiled and said sorry.

The toes scrunched together pressing you in closer to the already “in your face” skin.  You were gaging on her skin, chocking again for possible the hundredth time today only this time on her toes.  The pressure was removed and you pull away as much as you could; a few inches.  The force on your back was reapplied as Gloria scrunched her toes again.

Gloria was loving this feeling.  Why didn’t she do this before?  The rest of the period was a blur as she rhythmically scrunched and then unscrunched her toes.  Soon the period was over and she got up and walked to her other class.

You soon felt movement and the scrunching stopped, for now.  The moment Gloria stopped moving and sat down she started to squeeze you back into her toe folds.  After a couple of minutes of this pattern you learned when to hold your breath and when to breathe.  You were getting used to it when the toes scrunched together with more force than you were used to feeling.  The pressure squeezed the air out of you.  You started to gasp and suck in air, which there was none.  You tried to move your hands and push away but they were stuck to your side.  You bite her skin but if she felt it she ignored it.  You started to black out again today. 

Gloria was in a daze as she was talking to a hot boy in class today.  She was flirting with him as she unknowingly squeezed her toes together whenever she blushed.  Finally the teacher told the two students to stop talking.  That was when she remembered you and let you out.  By then it was too late, you passed out.  Not wanting to kill you she stopped her scrunching and left you alone… for now.