- Text Size +

The bus ride home is always the longest.  You are the varsity football teams’ mascot for high school.  Dressed in a Crow outfit you sit in the middle of the bus only because of your last name lands you a seat near the middle.  Your school just won their last game of the season and is heading home on the game bus.  Most of the team drove home except you, five other players, and six cheerleaders.  The couches thought the team was responsible enough to ride home without them, which means a long bus ride full of torment.

You aren’t the popular kid in school and everyone knows that.  You are in fact like your last name in the middle of the social ladder.  Neither liked nor disliked.  When it comes to school grades are good, but for sports well there is a reason you are the crow.  You aren’t bad just not football material.  The only reason you put up with the team picking on you is because of the scholarship you need.

Like all the other bus rides Chad who sites behind you starts to pick on you with stupid jokes like your mama jokes which gradual turn into the size of you (not your height).  He gets the entire bus in on it and you sit there staring straight ahead counting the seconds until your get home, 7032 seconds. 

After a while things die down and the attention is switch to the guys sitting next to the cheerleaders talking about who was good on the field and if they want to go out.  You can’t believe how sallow some of the girls are.  Going out with people like Chad who only has muscles and no brains, your typical quarterback asshole.  You hear some of the pickup lines he is using on Sarah. 

Sarah, the head cheerleader is the idol of the school.  She has a perfect figure for cheerleading and gymnastics.  Every boy has asked her out and yet she turns them down every time saying there is someone else.  It doesn’t stop people like Chad from pestering her about going out though. 

You have known Sarah for a long time and she lives right next door.  You guys use to do everything together until she was homeschooled from 6th grade to freshman year.  You lost contact with her because her parents moved away.  You thought it was great news when she went to your public high school until every boy jumped at her like a pack of dogs in heat looking for a mate.  You couldn’t get close enough to talk to her and as her status rose in the high school social ladder, you melted into the middle ground where you blended into the background.

You keep staring at Sarah who is two seats up and to your left.  You just stare at her admiring her beauty when Chad looks back at you and glares.  Oh Shit…

“You eyeballing my girl?!”

“I’m not your girl Chad.  Just leave him alone.”

“Nah I got to teach him a lesson.”

Chad got up and walked toward you.  You didn’t know what to do since now everyone but the bus drive was looking at you.  One of the football players, Frank held you down so you couldn’t get up.  Chad got closer, and clenched his hands ready to punch you when the bus went into a tunnel. 

The bus started to shake and the lights started to flash.  Everyone screamed and then it went black…

You were the first to wake up and noticed something was wrong.  The terrain looked completely different; the sky was pink, the ground was blue, and there was no road.  Slowly everyone else started to wake up.  They all were asking questions when there was a thumping and a giant face was in front of the bus.

“You’re awake!  That’s good.  Now we can have fun.  My names Gloria and I’m your owner.”  With that being said she picked up the bus and carried it somewhere.  With the bus being carried with great care you notice you are in a little 10 year olds room and were parked on her bed.  She places the bus down on a desk she had and demands everyone out.  Not wanting to upset the giantess everyone left the bus.  Judging by the size of everything you can tell you guys are no bigger than bugs.

“Ok boys on the right and girls on the left.  Okay we I have 6 girls and 7 boys.  Hmmm that’s not good there are too many boys.”  Gloria had a frown on her face at her predicament then she showed a flash of glee, “I know!”

Before anyone could react a giant thumb came down and crushed the bus driver.  Gloria twisted her thumb and everyone could hear the sickening sound of the remains of the bus driver being smeared around under her thumb.  Red liquid started to ooze out from under her finger.

Total chaos broke out: most of the girls broke down and cried, some guys freaked out and started to run to the bus right before Gloria crushed it with her hand.  You just stood there starting at her noticing she is scanning the chaos with a grin on her face of pure evil.  Having years of being bullied you can see it in her eyes the joy of pure control.  She lived to torture people especially smaller people; bug people.  She lets out a chuckle when she notices you and has a stare down with her. “This may not be as boring as I thought it would be….”